-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 250 of 2,579 1 2 248 249 250 251 252 2578 2579
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang ol' stingrays hurt, there ain't no way around it. Lighter side of life, late summer on the FL east coast...watchin' surfers step on skates. They shock you. The arch of your foot is sensitive. Funny as chitt hearing girly squeals.

When I lived on Guam one of my acquaintances was divin' in a black suit. Black suit, white skin...a manta ray tried to hump him. Mantas are big critters...he was a bit nervous to be sure. Animated comes to mind...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My sense of perception was off at that age; I'd never scene mother nature exact a pound of flesh from someone before.

However, my Dad and Uncle looked the guy over before leaving him with the beer, and I gathered from the conversation they were having that it looked like 2" to 3" of a 6" barb had stuck in the guy's calf. One of the splines that hook your flesh when you're trying to pull it off was wedged in there every bit as tight as a large treble hook.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DMc

FYI: More people are hit by stingrays in TX than are bitten by poisonous snakes.
It's not a good idea to try shaking baby raccoons out of tree at night into a boat either. Who knew snakes climb trees???? Not a lot of places to run in a small boat!!!

DMc

I found that one out the hard way. We were working the bank for large-mouth bass on the Toledo Bend reservoir, and trolled under a willow tree that had draped out about 10' over the water. Before we we're halfway through the limbs my Dad started hollerin' and swattin' at something with his very expensive rod and reel. Seems a cotton mouth had dropped almost in his lap from the limbs as we cruised under them. He must have gotten that snake good the first couple of swats because the snake wanted out of the boat as much as we wanted him out of the boat. THAT was some scary [bleep].

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On a lighter note, any of ya that liked the frog pic, here's a duck...

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Snakes are dang hard to kill with a life-jacket!! Life lightspeeds into triple time! Would be a sure winner on AFV! Where's a Vid cam when ya need one???

Loved the frog pic! The ducks a little skinny for table fare.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Think the duck starred in a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Funny you mention that.

I got a phone call last Thursday while on the way home with the moose. Was a fellow in Alta. enquiring if I was happy where I am presently employed. cool

There's always work for those who want it. More so if you're "good" you're obviously in that category laugh. My boss laughingly said to me "you're just gonna take a layoff and sit in the hall because there's no big millwright jobs right now...good luck."

I told him "The Iron-Heads always have work, and the last few times I did there jobs for them...they weren't too hard, so I'm sure I could do just fine in there union...if the halls as dead as you seem to think it is ;)".

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Tastes like chickin.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Boxer,

What would be your thoughts on a .338 Ultra with a 24" #2 contoured barrel, throated for a 225 grain TTX? Looking for something with punch, but not a pain in the rear to carry.

I found a wizard and asked him if he can remove a curse I had been living with for the last 20 years. The Wizard says, "What were the exact words that were used to put the curse on you." I say without hesitation, "I now pronounce you man and wife."
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Maybe this falls in the hypocrite column, but I believe witnessing a bird of prey taking fish is one of the most spectacular of outdoor events, be it a kingfisher to an eagle. However when I see a Cormorant do it, my first thoughts are of the 3 (S�s): shoot, shovel, and shut up!

[Linked Image]

....being ugly truly is a handicap!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image]

Another awesome pic!!

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

[Linked Image]

Cute pic!

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I give you....danger....insanity....

[Linked Image]

Tanner, time to step up to the plate. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I really like ...danger...and insanity.

We got one them fish eagles that hangs around the pond up at the farm from about May until now. He has a taste for crappie and that is all he will pull from the pond. No arguing with his taste.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some people don't think animals can express emotion with facial features. I'm not too about that. I mean we saw Boxer smile. Given that alignment of the stars, I want you to take a close look at what a fish can do...look closely...

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
WTF is this? Smiling???

Is NOTHING Sacred?????

'gwe,

A Smirk ain't a smile,though it's more than plenty enough to get the Whiners Whining. Why is it,that I've got me a hunch that such things ain't on "accident"?!!?

Such constants,really [bleep] with them on the sidelines of Life.(grin)

'CUB,

That is a GREAT pic and stayin' that Theme given your Turd Polishin' ways,Sony be having a Sale on them DSC-930 Cyber Shots for $69.99. Now I realize it'll take you a few months to gather that much coin,but given your "hard charging" ways and vivid [bleep] Imagination,I thought you may feel like Pretending to use another one. Laffin'!

As an aside,I can loan you the loot...or perhaps you could tattle to the Union?!!? Laffin'!

RINK

Oh the "horrors" of "vegatation". Might that be a Kanuckian Yeast Infection?!!? Here's to you doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with and the perpetual humor associated with you thinking it "something".

Bless your heart.

MagnumDoosh,

Here's to the humor associated with your "sense of perception" at any age.

Points awarded for being such an incredibly inept Do Nothing Dumbphuck,for all these years.

Say sumptin' in Karate.

Laffin'!

DD,

I like it when schit screams.

[Linked Image]

And yesssssss,it's always sweetened when you's the one who tripped the trigger.(grin)

Revisiting my POS '54(if only because all '54's are a POS),it's of heralded lineage and that's why I suffer it. I reckon it's got 100+ Brownies under it's belt,as the Old Salt leaned on schit purty good. Couldn't begin to guess how many Iggles,but it'd haveta be 1000.

Times prolly change.

'liner,

A 338 Ultra in Sporter configuration is a helluva tool. Couldn't slight the build,though I've far more love for the 210X at 3400fps.

Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 210 TSX at 3400 ala .338 RUM does some impressive chit on animals and they cant like it. Mine loves that load at the max OAL my HS BDM allows. mine loves that load and I likely got it from Boxer. <grin>

Have used it on several bear and elk out to 400 yds. Always 1 per customer and they rarely take more then a few steps. It's wicked good for most anything.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Aw, that ain't screamin'. I've heard screamin'. Reminds me of that heron and frog cartoon that says something like "Never give up."

[Linked Image]

I think that little duck is sayin' something like "Is that the best you got bitch?" I would...

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Lets get back to April Bowlby...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 250 of 2,579 1 2 248 249 250 251 252 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (338reddog, 219 Wasp, 30Gibbs, 10ring1, 29aholic, 348srfun, 33 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,224
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.