Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Pretty standard pro-life advertisement, right? But:

[Linked Image]

Read the eensy-weensy fine print down there in the lower right-hand corner of the picture.

Did you know such things existed? I certainly didn't.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I read of an organization of persons born of rape, and of one such young man who became a medical student.

Makes you think.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Until recently it seemed your mind was just fine, Barak. frown

Last edited by eyeball; 10/31/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Feminists For Life"

Does kinda make the mind go "tilt" doesn't it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

"Feminists For Life"

Yup. At least they have a website and a Wikipedia entry...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"At least"

I don't wanna know what "at most" may be...

laugh

Yeah, I still can't think that one through to any conclusion. I get stuck every time and either start laughing or shaking my head... usually both.
It's a head scratcher.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only argument for abortion is where the subject has the choice. A pregnant woman should be able to register her desire for one. Then, when the baby is, say, 10 years old, he can make the decision to be killed or not. ONLY the child should be able to make that decision because he's the ONLY one terminally affected by it. If anyone else makes it, it's murder.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The only argument for abortion is where the subject has the choice. A pregnant woman should be able to register her desire for one. Then, when the baby is, say, 10 years old, he can make the decision to be killed or not. ONLY the child should be able to make that decision because he's the ONLY one terminally affected by it. If anyone else makes it, it's murder.

I agree, except that I think 10 is a little early.

If the kid makes the decision to be killed, though, there's going to be a big question about restitution for all the time, effort, and expense invested in the kid to that point.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
I read of an organization of persons born of rape, and of one such young man who became a medical student.

Makes you think.

Paul

My wife's baby sister was raped. The product of that rape is in his final year of med school.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's up to the person who was raped, not to me or you.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Paul39

Makes you think.

Paul

My wife's baby sister was raped. The product of that rape is in his final year of med school.

Like I said before...You're sister inlaw is an incredible and unique woman, please give her another hug for me and tell her so.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cartod
It's up to the person who was raped, not to me or you.

Although I think all reasons for abortion are wrong I would have to agree with you on this one, Rape is such a violent and nasty thing!

I would not think ill of someone who had an abortion for such a reason.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
οΏ½ and so much for the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness οΏ½

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It makes me laugh how many here are so big on the bill of rights, yet many will want to tell someone besides themselves how to live their life. That is a serious problem in America....we have lost contact with the bill of rights and started deciding what is right, well opinions change over time and now we are be oming the nanny state.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Like I said before...You're sister inlaw is an incredible and unique woman, please give her another hug for me and tell her so.

She would wonder what you were thinking. She did not make the decision to save a life, in her mind the having the child was the only option.

BTW, her second child, a daughter, entered the NW School of Naturopathic Medicine this Fall.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
οΏ½ and so much for the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness οΏ½

I originally started this thread not to argue about abortion in cases of rape and incest but to share with the world what I'd discovered about the existence of the Feminists For Life; but I'm also surprised at the inconsistency of some here.

Are you pro-abortion? Okay, it makes perfect sense that you'd be particularly pro-abortion in the cases of rape and incest.

But if you're anti-abortion, then why are you anti-abortion, and how can that reasoning, whatever it is, possibly not apply in cases of rape and incest?

For purposes of full disclosure, I'm personally anti-abortion right down the line, but I have never seen a proposed law prohibiting abortion that I didn't think was either a horrible miscarriage of justice in itself or would lead to appalling unintended consequences.

I'd much rather see abortion dealt with through social stigma than through government action.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Barak

"Feminists For Life"

Sue, Barak. Why not? Google "atheists for life." The pro-life movement is not just a religious issue. It's a moral issue so it's everyone's business, just like murder, rape, etc. etc.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by Barak

"Feminists For Life"

Sue, Barak. Why not? Google "atheists for life." The pro-life movement is not just a religious issue. It's a moral issue so it's everyone's business, just like murder, rape, etc. etc.

Sure, I understand. (You meant "Sure, Barak" above, right?) It's just that my understanding of the feminist viewpoint would be incompatible with an anti-abortion position. "Feminists For Life" feels to me like "Cowboy Action Shooters Against Guns" or "Environmentalists For Strip-Mining."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, those conceived by rape are no less a person than others. God didn't make a mistake in their conception, even if he permitted the evil act that caused it. God can bring blessings from the evil acts of mortals.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Yes, thank you. I meant "sure."

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 79S, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 8 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,554
Posts18,510,418
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.