-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And many of us would kill a rapist in a blink, but two blinks later.....we could have killed our grandsons father.

Rape sucks. If you don't believe me, offer up your loved one.....then tell me about it.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by high_country_
And many of us would kill a rapist in a blink, but two blinks later.....we could have killed our grandsons father.

Rape sucks. If you don't believe me, offer up your loved one.....then tell me about it.

I did, what is your point!!!!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And I watched the beautiful 14 year old daughter of a good friend struggle with being raped until she took her life.

Nobody here said rape was good or than any woman should have to deal with the aftermath. I firmly believe rape should be a death penalty crime. You screw with a woman's life that much you deserve to die.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

We simple folks cannot explain it, but God has a PLAN.

There are no accidents, there are no coincidences. And so very many times, what we think of as bad results in something that is very, very good.

Abortion is murder, no matter how anyone tries to explain it away.

Oh, by the way, There is a section in the Didache, which was the first Catechism of the Catholic Church, on abortion. The Didache pre-dates every one of the Gospels and it was basic instruction for Catechumens in the one-year training before entering the Church

Didache 2.1 clearly states, "You will not murder a child, born or unborn."

Vatican II reinstated this ancient practice of one-year Catechumen training and called it RCIA. I am a product of that wonderful training, PLUS I taught it for two years.

Seems like the folks of The Way got it right 2,000 years ago.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

Allow those to deal with their lives as they see fit.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The child who's aborted is the least culpable person who's involved in the whole affair.

But also by far the least capable of self-defense � which makes its involvement (by what logic?) a capital offense with no right of due process, advocacy, counsel, or appeal?

I'm fully aware of the unimaginable anguish of unjustifiable pregnancies, and I'm not in the least insensitive to them � I'm just baffled by the notion that the least culpable individual who's involved is supposed to pay the penalty for it. (And remember that that anguish, no matter how much the execution of the most convenient participant may ameliorate it, isn't going away.)

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
All should be christian, but who would HE force to be so?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a Christian, I don't believe preservation of human life is the paramount virtue

I was trying to speak philosophically and leave religion out of it, and preservation of (innocent) human life is A paramount virtue. Sweeping generality of course. Suppose I can't help but be influenced by my religious belief that as an absolute truth the taking of an innocent human life is never justified even if the consequences are disturbing. ("Innocent" in that context is yet another interesting question.)

"incumbent upon society" is indeed an awkward phrase. I think I mean to say that virtues (truths) should apply universally, not only concerning one's self. (This can devolve into a discussion of absolutism versus relativism.) One's influence in the development of society (government) is an extension of one's ability to promulgate that virtue. And if it is held as a truth one would be negligent not to do so, and not faithful to his beliefs.

Note this is confined to truths in the philosophical sense, not judgement calls which make up the great bulk of governmental action.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
And I watched the beautiful 14 year old daughter of a good friend struggle with being raped until she took her life.

Nobody here said rape was good or than any woman should have to deal with the aftermath. I firmly believe rape should be a death penalty crime. You screw with a woman's life that much you deserve to die.

Agreed. We don't do near enough to discourage rape or to punish those who perpetrate it. They should die.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Allow those to deal with their lives as they see fit.

That is EXACTLY what we did. She was raped, she conceived, SHE made the decision. He, the product of this rape will be a Doctor at the end of this school year. Again, what is your point.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goon rapes and impregnates girl. Who's guilty? Who pays?

Father impregnates daughter. Who's guilty? Who pays?

Persuasive boy friend impregnates adventurous young girl friend, then disappears. Who's guilty? Who pays?

Why the innocent?

Why not the guilty?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
You guys that think raped women should be forced to carry the baby.....would you offer up your wife to save another woman the torment? I thought not.

So you believe it just that a child should pay for his father's crimes?

Doesn't bode well for my kids...

You have faulty logic. No one has said that it should be a pleasure for a raped woman to carry their baby. That isn't the point and you know it.

Your question proves nothing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And bang you're right back to the question of when life begins.
If you had taken Bio 101, you'd know that life begins at conception. If the egg and sperm were from human beings, then the life is a human being too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
The child who's aborted is the least culpable person who's involved in the whole affair.

But also by far the least capable of self-defense � which makes its involvement (by what logic?) a capital offense with no right of due process, advocacy, counsel, or appeal?

I'm fully aware of the unimaginable anguish of unjustifiable pregnancies, and I'm not in the least insensitive to them � I'm just baffled by the notion that the least culpable individual who's involved is supposed to pay the penalty for it. (And remember that that anguish, no matter how much the execution of the most convenient participant may ameliorate it, isn't going away.)
Well said, Ken.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gee she has a life because someone didn't murder her!

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by achadwick

Agreed. We don't do near enough to discourage rape or to punish those who perpetrate it. They should die.
Yep, if rape were a simple matter for all to understand the meaning of, that should be the case as it used to be when everyone knew what a rape is. Today, however, they call it rape if the next morning a girl decides she made a mistake the previous evening.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Until I can get pregnant from rape or incest, I'll keep my [bleep] mouth shut and leave it to those who can be affected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If you had taken Bio 101, you'd know that life begins at conception. If the egg and sperm were from human beings, then the life is a human being too.

Not quite right! Bio 101 teaches the fact that life began generations ago (when is another debate topic altogether, for another discussion).

The sperm, part of the father, is alive.

The ovum (egg), part of the mother, is alive.

The zygote, the ovum fertilized by the sperm, is alive. And it's a brand-new individual, not a part of either the father or the mother. It's in the mother, but it's not part of her � just as a shirt button swallowed by the father would be in him but not part of him.

This is true whether the individual is a mouse, an elk, or a human � a simple fact of biology.

IIRC from too many decades ago, looking at zygotes through microscopes, the zygote contains nothing that can be identified as either sperm or ovum. It's completely and obviously a brand-new and distinctly different organism. But it doesn't generate life � it has gotten its life from the two other organisms that formed it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by rrroae
Until I can get pregnant from rape or incest, I'll keep my [bleep] mouth shut and leave it to those who can be affected.

Why?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Not quite right! Bio 101 teaches the fact that life began generations ago (when is another debate topic altogether, for another discussion).

The sperm, part of the father, is alive.

The ovum (egg), part of the mother, is alive.

The zygote, the ovum fertilized by the sperm, is alive. And it's a brand-new individual, not a part of either the father or the mother. It's in the mother, but it's not part of her � just as a shirt button swallowed by the father would be in him but not part of him.

This is true whether the individual is a mouse, an elk, or a human � a simple fact of biology.

IIRC from too many decades ago, looking at zygotes through microscopes, the zygote contains nothing that can be identified as either sperm or ovum. It's completely and obviously a brand-new and distinctly different organism. But it doesn't generate life � it has gotten its life from the two other organisms that formed it.
To be more accurate, I should have said the new life begins at conception.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,606
Posts18,532,714
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.