Print Thread
Hop To
Page 854 of 1,842 1 2 852 853 854 855 856 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
4, is the Kubota a gas or diesel?

We had a warm front move in over night. Only minus 4 at 6:00 AM. it was around minus 10 when I turned in last night. One to three inches of snow on the way.

Tom, looked like snow was on just West of you an hour ago.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Uncle_Dusty
Hey Tom, this is the kind of snow removal equipment you need to buy when you get to be my age. grin grin

[Linked Image]

NICE! I have the same setup on a Cub Cadet 2186. Weights for the back are a must. Even with chains you tend to get stuck if you're not careful. I.e. backing up and getting out of the path you just blew. The suitcase weights are expensive so I had a guy at work build me a weight box out of 1/4 steel and 3/4" bar that slides into the rear frame channels. Inside that I put several 12" x 12" x 1/4" Steel plates. I throw a car battery on top of that. With that setup, I have never got stuck.

The only problem I have now is that I bought a Universal cab for the tractor and the brackets for the cab are in front of the frame channels so I can't slide the weight box in. I'm going to have to somehow make some brackets that will attach to the box so I can have best of both worlds! I HATE snow in my beer!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I HATE snow in my beer!

grin

Yeah, ain't that the berries when it happens?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Kubota is a diesel. Little Bobcat motor. Supposed to go 10,000 hrs. I've had it about 4 years and have about 150 hours on it - so I figure it will last forever. Honestly one of the best little machines I've ever bought.

My driveway has a 12% hill in it. I had a lawn tractor/blower rig with chains and weights, but it just wouldn't cut it. Constantly stuck and wouldn't steer. On the flat I'm sure it'd be fine. My hill is just too much.

The Kubota will blow good consistency snow about 75 feet. I've blown 22" of the wettest crappiest stuff you've ever seen over 1/2 mile so me and my neighbor could get to the county road. No sweat.

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been gone awhile. First Florida....came back to 0 degrees in Fargo. The steering wheel was cold for a few miles. I even turned on my heated seat until I got to Moorhead, then it was too hot and i had to turn it off.

Then off to San Diego last week. Got back last nite to -7. Steering wheel was cold again.

I didnt do much for fun as they were both work trips with one exception. I toured the USS Midway Wed afternoon. Wow. That was really cool. I have all the respect in the world for those that served on a ship like that and the pilots who flew from them. I sure enjoyed the tour.

Dad had a JD with a blower and that thing was awesome in the snow. It was a beast and threw snow for a long, long ways. Now he has a plow on his truck, which is better for me! grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
I've blown 22" of the wettest crappiest stuff you've ever seen over 1/2 mile

Now THAT is one heck of a blower!

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Bman,

Did you take the tour through the submarine that sits near there? I think it was Russian and I believe its mission was to tail the USS Midway if I remember right.

Either that whole crew was midgets or they had a pretty good chiropractor on board. I coudn't believe that people actually lived in a space so small let alone under the ocean. crazy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Crap. Post number totally wrong - need to fix. Wrong.

Wood is Good.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
whew, nice catch! I did the same thing

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ice fishing tomorrow. camera will be with.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sweet! I always like seeing your pics Dave. I don't think we have enough ice to get out yet

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
here's a few pics of recent home improvements. Kendra has really gotten the tiling thing down like a pro. we also have the dining room and kitchen tiled, no pics of that one yet but I'll get em up when we're totally done with that.

Before
[Linked Image]

After
[Linked Image]

I know the pics aint the best, but its a small bathroom so its hard to get much in a photo

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Kubota makes a great product. Not cheap, but they last forever. I've only used my blower once so far this year. I usually won't use it unless we get over 3" or it's the wet heavy stuff. Neither Judy or I mind shoveling, good excercise for us.

Minus 15 this mornong. Coldest of the season so far.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ryan, you'll have to hire Kendra out. Nice work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Bill, I actually joked with her about it, she doesn't really like the tiling, but with my back being screwed up its hard for me to stay bent over to do it. so she volunteers to spare me and get it done. I do all the subfloor, plumbing, wiring and that stuff, painting and tiling is her thing. she is very meticulous with it and goes slow, but when its done, it looks perfect. then she will go back over it with me and point out the "flaws" she found after the fact. like one tile that was 1/32 off at the end of a 10' run.... I told her its still perfect like she is. gotta love her smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just pulled the new house out with the Kubota. Heading in for minnows and beer. Maybe get a movie for the DVD player..

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Whr u fishing dave? Lestifer n I just got back from park rapids with a new to him wheel house

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
South tip, we did good yesterday, I guess we are headed back out now.

I'm uploading pic to photobucket but it's going really slow so I might have to file my photo report tonight when we get back.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bman,

Did you take the tour through the submarine that sits near there? I think it was Russian and I believe its mission was to tail the USS Midway if I remember right.

Can't. His man card is still suspended from the mini-van incident.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Bman,

Can't. His man card is still suspended from the mini-van incident.

Dang! Thats tough

Page 854 of 1,842 1 2 852 853 854 855 856 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,859 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.