Print Thread
Hop To
Page 463 of 2,579 1 2 461 462 463 464 465 2578 2579
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by SLM
Hey elmer, how you getting along with that Halligan?

The fork slid in but the adz hung up like a Bastid......FM ...again

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Holmatro..

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Good point Elkhunternm....i should have mailed them to you NM cats as you are all [bleep] bottom feeders to begin with...
GFY
Well,we New Mexicans may be "bottom feeders" but at least we buy aviators at stores and don't wear them from trash cans. whistle

Point taken......going to FM now.....
laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
30 pages in one day? Do any of ya'll [bleep] work? Oh,and I almost forgot,GFY.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Too lazy and contented...besides, if I am going to ever leave here it would be for Canada or New Zealand.

...who in their right mind would want to go to the States, you have more bloody rules and regulations than we have!

Thought Austria had all kinds of strict rules......

IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Hutch

6 by my count. You been drinking?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Only Dan.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SLM

6 by my count. You been drinking?

Everything is bigger in Texas, even their numbers! If you don't believe it, just ask a Texan!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Hey! [bleep] Starsky....try recounting or set your preferences a bit higher...I know TEXANS are considered to be done formal skoolin' by 5th grade, but wtf!

GFY!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
Too lazy and contented...besides, if I am going to ever leave here it would be for Canada or New Zealand.

...who in their right mind would want to go to the States, you have more bloody rules and regulations than we have!

Yep, that is what I keep hearing from everyone that is not Australian.

Go figga!

Ps, Austrians have a different accent.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Piss off....I AM at work.

Good job...eh!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
DD, interesting to hear of your flying experiences in RVN..Have a good freind that flew slicks, two tours. Only got shot down once.hot up a bunch, but the bird stayed in the air. He got checked out in the front seat of a Cobra when they first came in...had an interesting day( few seconds) on the mini-gun...

So if you flew loaches, did you get to troll for fire?

Pro-Troll, never quite saw it in the light, but Guns ways called us 'bait'. Sick phoucs. When I started flying guns, of course 'they' were bait. Minis are a hoot but chunkers were really gratifying. Guns got to configure their birds the way they wanted. One of those sickos put two minis in the turret and two more on the inboard wing stations. Nose art said "God of Hellfire". Always liked having that clown cover me. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Of course we work. We get paid by the post count. And we all have been cloned. You work for Fringe Division?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The OH-6 looks like a BB gun could bring it down....was the bottom fuselage plated at least so as to save your nuts? Man! [bleep] hairy!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok

Yep, that is what I keep hearing from everyone that is not Australian.

Go figga!

Ps, Austrians have a different accent.

Nope, your accent definitely sounds Austrian, like Arnold, but without the muscles

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They had a lot of ceramic and steel armor in seats and elsewhere. We lost around 1,300 of them during the war, but over 90% of those taking that ride into the dirt survived and over 80% did so without sustaining injury. Numbers were actually around 94%/85% as I recall. I flew over 1,000 combat hours in the LOH and on occasion my dodging skills were deficient, thus I had a hand in sending several to the scrap yard. Never was shot down, but made one precautionary landing due to a major fuel leak.

There's always the potential for winning the Golden BB award, but generally speaking Army choppers of that era were capable of absorbing a lot of damage before chitt went sideways. Today's versions much more so.

Funny story about one of our pilots, armor plate and nuts:

Ed Barnes was either the luckiest guy I ever met or the unluckiest, I'm not sure. He went home with 5 Purple Hearts. One was earned whilst taking a leak. A mortar round landed on the other side of a phone pole that was ostensibly his target, and he caught a piece of shrapnel in the knee. Ed got shot down 3 times one day without earning a Purple Heart. He did earn a glorious hangover the next morning however.

Ed was out with a newbie Scout pilot wannabe one day and they took some .50 cal fire. One of the rounds hit the fire extinguisher just below his right hip and then cleaved the steel armor plate under his ass and spraying his backside with shrapnel. Sidebar: Dan always sat on a flak jacket.

Anyway, with all the white extinguisher dust blowing around and his ass seemingly on fire, Ed decided they were on fire and he needed to exit the aircraft. Apparently the fact they were airborne did not factor into his decision. Lacking such bravado, the newbie had one of those WTF moments as he watched Ed dismount and get out on the skid. He took the controls and since Ed was still attached to the mic cord they had one of those come to Jesus conversations, rather impromptu and frank I'd guess.

Well, the dust cleared and though Ed was sure his ass was on fire, it was clear the aircraft was not. He got back in and they flew to the Evac Hospital. It was a long time before Ed lived that one down.

'Nuther day an AK round hit his visor and spun his helmet 90* to the left, rendering him "blind". There was a little excitement over that too, but he didn't try to eject. He said having the earpiece of the helmet mashed to his nose wasn't all that comfortable.

Clint Eastwood would never ask Ed if he felt lucky.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, your accent definitely sounds Austrian, like Arnold, but without the muscles

-Laughin'-

PS: WARNING! Do not ever get into a beer drinking contest with an Aussie on his home turf. Dat stuff will pickle your brain. Is probably why they talk funny.

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
They had a lot of ceramic and steel armor in seats and elsewhere. We lost around 1,300 of them during the war, but over 90% of those taking that ride into the dirt survived and over 80% did so without sustaining injury. Numbers were actually around 94%/85% as I recall. I flew over 1,000 combat hours in the LOH and on occasion my dodging skills were deficient, thus I had a hand in sending several to the scrap yard. Never was shot down, but made one precautionary landing due to a major fuel leak.

There's always the potential for winning the Golden BB award, but generally speaking Army choppers of that era were capable of absorbing a lot of damage before chitt went sideways. Today's versions much more so.

Funny story about one of our pilots, armor plate and nuts:

Ed Barnes was either the luckiest guy I ever met or the unluckiest, I'm not sure. He went home with 5 Purple Hearts. One was earned whilst taking a leak. A mortar round landed on the other side of a phone pole that was ostensibly his target, and he caught a piece of shrapnel in the knee. Ed got shot down 3 times one day without earning a Purple Heart. He did earn a glorious hangover the next morning however.

Ed was out with a newbie Scout pilot wannabe one day and they took some .50 cal fire. One of the rounds hit the fire extinguisher just below his right hip and then cleaved the steel armor plate under his ass and spraying his backside with shrapnel. Sidebar: Dan always sat on a flak jacket.

Anyway, with all the white extinguisher dust blowing around and his ass seemingly on fire, Ed decided they were on fire and he needed to exit the aircraft. Apparently the fact they were airborne did not factor into his decision. Lacking such bravado, the newbie had one of those WTF moments as he watched Ed dismount and get out on the skid. He took the controls and since Ed was still attached to the mic cord they had one of those come to Jesus conversations, rather impromptu and frank I'd guess.

Well, the dust cleared and though Ed was sure his ass was on fire, it was clear the aircraft was not. He got back in and they flew to the Evac Hospital. It was a long time before Ed lived that one down.

'Nuther day an AK round hit his visor and spun his helmet 90* to the left, rendering him "blind". There was a little excitement over that too, but he didn't try to eject. He said having the earpiece of the helmet mashed to his nose wasn't all that comfortable.

Clint Eastwood would never ask Ed if he felt lucky.
Dang,Ed should have carried a lucky rabbit's foot or something.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If ever there was need to face Godzilla I'd want him at my side, but there would never been any consideration given to trying to drink him under the table. Sure thing he would be looking down at you askin' what the problem was before it all ended.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Well,that cat can out drink me let alone Ed,and he(Ed) must have gonads the size of King Kong. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 463 of 2,579 1 2 461 462 463 464 465 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,764
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.