Print Thread
Hop To
A
alukban Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
There's a used 4-3/4" barreled Uberti Bisley in 45 Colt at my LGS and it's a really pretty looking gun. I don't know anything about the Ubertis though.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions regarding them? Are they even remotely accurate?

TIA smile

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Uberti's can be good, bad, or indifferent. As I understand it, they manufacture different grades of pistolas for different distributors here and elsewhere, to meet different price-points. Thus a Uberti manufactured for Cimarron Arms will be quite a bit better quality than one made for Phil's Phly-By-Nite gunshop.

I have a couple of EMF Hartfords by Uberti. They are both as accurate as my Colt SAA, but one of them has a soft hammer and is no longer safe to use. (Inadequately hardened internal parts are a common problem in some cheap Italian guns.) You have to order a new hammer and trigger from Numrich, fit them to the gun, and then case-harden them if this happens.

If the timing on the Uberti in your local shop seems good, it will probably work fine for you. Just check the trigger pull periodically and if it seems to be getting inconsistent or progressively lighter, you'll need to get the hammer and trigger fixed.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Uberti's can be good, bad, or indifferent. As I understand it, they manufacture different grades of pistolas for different distributors here and elsewhere, to meet different price-points. Thus a Uberti manufactured for Cimarron Arms will be quite a bit better quality than one made for Phil's Phly-By-Nite gunshop.

I have a couple of EMF Hartfords by Uberti. They are both as accurate as my Colt SAA, but one of them has a soft hammer and is no longer safe to use. (Inadequately hardened internal parts are a common problem in some cheap Italian guns.) You have to order a new hammer and trigger from Numrich, fit them to the gun, and then case-harden them if this happens.

If the timing on the Uberti in your local shop seems good, it will probably work fine for you. Just check the trigger pull periodically and if it seems to be getting inconsistent or progressively lighter, you'll need to get the hammer and trigger fixed.
Are you sure it's an Uberti? They used to be made by Armi, IIRC. I don't know who makes them now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alukban
There's a used 4-3/4" barreled Uberti Bisley in 45 Colt at my LGS and it's a really pretty looking gun. I don't know anything about the Ubertis though.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions regarding them? Are they even remotely accurate?

TIA smile
Yes. I have one. It is one of my best pistols. I would not hesitate to buy one after looking it over. If it is as you say, you should get it, assuming the price is right. Uberti's quality indeed is dependent on era and who they're making it for.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mine's a Beretta. Same thing. Same company.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Even some of the early Cimarrons weren't made by Uberti. Some were Armi San Marco. Still, my Cimarron will shoot incredible groups in .44 special.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've owned several Uberti's over the past 25 years and I have never been disappointed; and I have shot the crap out of them. They tend to be rather accurate, and they work perfectly. There are some subtle improvements to the Uberti guns over the Colts which make the lock work a littl more robust. I've fixed several Colt's in my day, but I can recall only fixing one Uberti. One thing common on Colt's is broken half cock notches and broken triggers at the sear, but I have never seen this on a Uberti.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 3,419 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.