-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Aside, one of my favorite purchases from REI... 35 years of good use. Yep, REI sucks.

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Shag
On a side note, every single time I go there and ask for gear advise I make it very clear I'm a hunter. Never once has any of them weird little hippies working there ever been anything but very helpful.

Me too. My last trip in there a few months back I said I was doing a fly out bear hunt in AK and weight was a factor, the sales people went out of their way to help me and demonstrate the equipment. No scowls, snide comments or general disgust. Mind you this is Seattle where that response is usually forthcoming. I have had nothing but stellar service from REI...something I can't say about Cabelas....you know..the ones that proclaim their love of hunters.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It is my habit to thoroughly research a piece of gear on which my life may depend; this usually includes finding the best price or at least some kind of "deal". grin

Over the decades, since becoming a member, I have had only good experiences at REI and, at various times, have bought most of my major branded backpacking and camping gear from them, the bigger ticket items usually on sale and with an annual bonus check. They have consistently carried a wide range of price and quality equipment suitable from novice to pro and including some of Europe's best suppliers. We are fortunate to have a large, well stocked and well staffed store on the west side of Los Angeles.

And this company does not bombard you with promotional spam. It is more like once or twice a year they mail you a small, color sale catalog.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1234, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 56 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.