24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good lookin' Walleye! The ice around here seldom gets thick enough to walk on, let alone do something like that. Ice fishing kinda interests me though. I bought a magazine about it the other night and have been showing the pics to my two kids and telling them that's how y'all do it up there. Very nice building.

GB2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
thanks.

here's what i use to bust a path out on the lake to the ice house.

[Linked Image]

here's a picture of the house last friday night as me & my boy were prepairing it for another weekend of fishing.

[Linked Image]

and some fishing pictures.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good for you being out there with your boys!

Believe me when I tell you it will be just a few days and they will be gone from home.....like we all did.

Best,
Ted

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nice job!!
Plus your catching some fish...even better grin

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
thank you gentlemen, more fishing action in store for tomorrow, hope they are biting.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ok I could get into ice fishing with a house like that! I always froze my hind end off on a bucket out on the Missouri River and lakes in SD as a kid!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's nicer than anything I've ever laid eyes on......gotta love time on the ice in there. Now all you need is a satalite dish and big screen and you're all set!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Nebraska
That's nicer than anything I've ever laid eyes on......gotta love time on the ice in there. Now all you need is a satalite dish and big screen and you're all set!!

You'd be amazed at what people rig up to their shacks.

If I get a chance this weekend, I'll try to take a picture of the little "shanty town" in one of our fishing holes. A wide varitey of shacks. Dave's would be by far the nicest, but they all have "character".

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh mines ugleeee! damn ugly on the outside, but very fuctional.

it is really something all of the different houses you see though.

I've even seen grain bins out on the ice serving as fish houses.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I drove by yesterday, and saw a two story one. That is really the one I want a pic of. I don't know how they got it out there, or put it up, but it's there. Ugly as all git out.

Your is ugly. that is why it is so nice. smile

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
here I'll update with catch of the week pics from.. about a week & a half ago.

catch of the day was a buck brand asisted opening clip knife, "rush" model that I dropped down the fishing hole a week earlier. i was just sick about losing that knife. I caught it with a shop magnet that i use for welding.

[Linked Image]

close up of knife.
[Linked Image]

outside of the ugly foam house on the lake.
[Linked Image]

fisher people, doing fishing stuff.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the boys with the days catch.
[Linked Image]

and that's all till next time.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice pics...I love the gaff in the eyeballer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great pics and lovely kids. Dunno if they're all yours or not, but they are wonderful children nonetheless. Nice walleye too.

The ice fishing house sure looks desolate in that pic. That's just how I imagine it being down too far south for such as that.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice job! How thick is that ice?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Great pics and lovely kids. Dunno if they're all yours or not, but they are wonderful children nonetheless. Nice walleye too.

The ice fishing house sure looks desolate in that pic. That's just how I imagine it being down too far south for such as that.

well the 3 biger kids in the last picture aint mine, well the one on the left kind of is, we'd take ownership any day of the week grin good kid, my cousin's boy. His dad passed away about 1 year & a half ago & we've enjoyed spending more time now than ever with him & his 2 sisters not pictured. the 2 boys with him are his friends, he brings a buddy or 2 up sometimes when he comes to visit. Always good kids.

Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Nice job! How thick is that ice?

well i varries but I'd guess anywhere from 2' at the thinnest to well over 3' in places.

Something clever here.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dave, I see the Roseau sweatshirt, are you fishing Lake Of The Woods? Great Fish house and pics, the ol Ford n snowplow sure brings back memories, are you a Fighting Sioux or Gopher fan?,,,

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yep, LOW

As far as Sioux or Gophers...Don't matter much to me grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sioux sucks!!!!!

I say that as the Gophers are taking a beating from Colorado College in hockey right now. Saying they're in a bit of a rough patch is an understatement.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep CC took it to em, Kangas sure lost his edge, but Wisconsin looked so weak at the end of the 3rd Fri nite against Denver, tite battle at the top in the WCHA, Good Stuff, just like this ice house,

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey everybody. I'm lofting this old thread to the top again for another ice fishing season with upgrades to the house we built last year.

The house worked out great for us last year with the only complaint being that it was tough to move around with the wooden runners I had under it. I broke those runners in several places last year, they just wouldn't hold up to the force it takes to break a house free from it's spot when it's time to move a big house like that.

So, I put together a new steel skid frame for the house that should slide nicer & should definately hold up better to the abuse out on the lake.

here are a couple of crappy phone pics I snapped last night out in the shop. (excuse the mess grin )

here's the skid, it's upside down in the picture here. it will carry the 8' x 16' house soon.

[Linked Image]

here's a shot from an underside corner where & rolled these heavy hoops with 1/2" sq cold rolled steel & welded them on for tow points. one on all 4 corners.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
408 members (160user, 1lesfox, 222ND, 320090T, 3333vl, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,242
Posts18,371,614
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.