Page 1,105 of 1,842 1 2 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Bill! Greg Jennings is in MN today whistle

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Muffy
Well we are headed up to LOW tomorrow to catch some monster Northerns (or I hope so anyway). Uncle Dusty is pretty excited to get up there. I guess we all are. smile

Muffy,

Are you going out in the channel? Shane and I are thinking about going up next week. Good Luck! Let me know how you do!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Hey Bill! Greg Jennings is in MN today whistle

grin

I saw that on the news Rooster. Jennings has been injury prone the last couple of years and didn't play all that well when he did get in a game.

Word on the street toward the end of last season was that the Packers didn't feel he was worth the money he was getting and he was going to be cut.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Times must be really tough. The Ford CEO's salary dropped to 21 million last year. eek poor guys probably have to go on food stamps. cry

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Packers will resign Jennings. He's using MN for leverage. I think there is a snowball's chance he'll be a Viking.

It would be kinda sweet to rob from the packers garden though. smile

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Packers will resign Jennings. He's using MN for leverage. I think there is a snowball's chance he'll be a Viking.

Don't think so Tom. Jennings put his house in Green Bay up for sale before there was an official announcement. Himbeing gone also frees up a lot of money.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Was just working in an area when we heard tires squealling, plastic breaking, and metal crunching, then a SMASH!

Some cat was starting early on St. Patty's day and hit two cars, then jumped the median and slammed his new Chevy truck into a power pole near us.

Popo's were there instantly! He blew a 0.35 BAC at 215 PM! That's drunk!

The tow truck guy also found it ironic he had an "agressive driver" insurance discount thingy plugged in under the dash as well. grin

Nobody was hurt.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I know that sound all too well. It is a bad bad sound. Last time I heard it well, I ran out to the road to find 6 young people strewn along the roadway, a car upside down, across the creek from the road. Nobody dead, but some might have been headed that way. The only unhurt was drunk but not driving. The rest were sober, but not belted. It was a sorry night, even for those of us not in the car at the time.

At least this guy didn't hurt anyone. Just plain luck it seems.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
holy crap! at what point does someone decide its a good idea to drive after drinking that much? I'm all for fun, but that seems a bit extreme

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Well the Vikings signed him to a 5 year deal. I really like this move. Jennings has great character and is a team player. He really showed a lot of class in his press conference by thanking the packers org and fans for everything they have done for him. Also, his recent injuries were not really of the "injury prone" variety IMO. (Concussion and sports hernia) He is 29 yrs old and still has immense talent but the leadership that he will bring to a very young receiving core in MN will be huge.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Well the Vikings signed him to a 5 year deal. I really like this move. Jennings has great character and is a team player. He really showed a lot of class in his press conference by thanking the packers org and fans for everything they have done for him. Also, his recent injuries were not really of the "injury prone" variety IMO. (Concussion and sports hernia) He is 29 yrs old and still has immense talent but the leadership that he will bring to a very young receiving core in MN will be huge.

47.5 million for 5 years with a 18 million guarantee. Packers freed up a lot of salary cap money when they let Jennings go. They'll use it for contract extensions for Rogers, Matthews and Raji.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The fishing is slow, wind is high, damn cold out here. Only one pike for team chickenbuck so far. A 33 incher.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
4" of snow here overnight. Sun came out about 10:00 and was a decent day.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow. I'm pretty surprised by the Jennings deal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we got snow yesterday, heavy wet snow we needed badly. supposed to warm back up into the 50's for the week and chance of thunderstorms today, weird.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hope you get lots of moisture Ryan. Need to kill off that blue tongue before your deer herd is wiped out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the deer could use a break after last year that's for sure, still seeing good numbers locally so hopefully this year is a good year for them.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
What's happening in the twin cities, Tom? The snow is getting closer to us. They're calling for a little over 4" by Tuesday AM for us. At the rate we're going, we'll still have snow on the ground on the 4th of July.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm jealous of the snow ya'll are getting, not so much the cold though.

i get a day off because I'm training this weekend and I wake up with a cold and probably a sinus infection. if it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all I swear smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's snowing here bill, but nothing terrible. We're supposed to get 4-6" by this afternoon, but high winds after the front passes through. 50+ mph.

I-94 is closed from Alex-ND.

Page 1,105 of 1,842 1 2 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (44mc, 3333vl, 2UP, 1eyedmule, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.