OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V

Last edited by VAhuntr; 12/26/12.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Further proof that laws only stop law abiding citizens...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if he had the mag he was in contravention of the law ,in Wash DC,

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by norm99

Absolutely! However, he was a member of the MSM and was demonstrating an illegal magazine for the public's benefit. Five will get you ten he gets a walk. Perssonally, I'd like to see him serve out the full sentence for his crime should he be convicted. Like there's a fat chance of that happening. mad
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad LaPierre did not recognize the situation and run from the room screaming in fear.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would like to know what a 30-bullet magazine is? Anyone know for sure? grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Pretty sure it's the same as a 30 round magazine clip I heard bantered about.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Pretty sure it's the same as a 30 round magazine clip I heard bantered about.....

laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by norm99

That was my point. He broke the law and was in possession of the magazine. If he was law abiding, then he would have respected the law.

Gun laws only work on the law abiding citizen.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Apparently he was warned twice before going on air by LEO it was against the law...no link just what I heard on the radio news.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by eh76
Apparently he was warned twice before going on air by LEO it was against the law...no link just what I heard on the radio news.

Dat ....... would make things juicier..but he still did it in contempt for the law, as he sees himself above it...

That law stuff only applies to us....not him.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"David Gregory of NBC was only too happy to bash LaPierre over that proposed policy, but send his kids to a school with 11 armed security guards."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two feelings on this:

1 � It�s a completely BS law and no one should be convicted for that
2 � he should get the max so he gets to see how BS said law actually is

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by eh76

Dat ....... would make things juicier..but he still did it in contempt for the law, as he sees himself above it...

[b][color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

NBC was told by the Washington police that it was �not permissible� to show a high-capacity gun magazine on air before Sunday�s �Meet the Press,� according to a statement Wednesday from the cops.

�NBC contacted [the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department] inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment,� Gwendolyn Crump, a police spokeswoman, said in an email. �NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.�

That statement comes a day after the police department told POLITICO that an investigation is underway to determine whether any city laws were violated on a Sunday segment of �Meet the Press.� During the show, host David Gregory displayed what appeared to be a 30-round gun magazine while interviewing Wayne LaPierre, the head of the National Rifle Association.

�There are D.C. code violations, D.C. code restrictions on guns, ammunition,� police officer and spokesman Araz Alali told POLITICO Tuesday. �We are investigating this matter.�

NBC declined to comment.

The statement from the police department was obtained earlier Wednesday by Washington�s ABC7/News Channel 8.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweet thanks!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
HAH ABC is gonna take NBC down one way or another. If NBC asked permission and was denied that just more of "we know best" and ignore the laws.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

i do not know enough about this particular law... is a violation classified as a felony? a misdemeanor?

if it's a felony, then gregory needs to be prosecuted and the network needs to be prosecuted as accessory, or aiding and abetting...

if it's a misdemeanor, its no big deal anyway...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

i do not know enough about this particular law... is a violation classified as a felony? a misdemeanor?

if it's a felony, then gregory needs to be prosecuted and the network needs to be prosecuted as accessory, or aiding and abetting...

The "network" is a corporation...corporations don't go to jail (which is really too bad).

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Gregory could also be unintentionally proving how financially foolish and time consuming it is to waste resources on issues such as empty magazines in the possession of presumed law abiding citizens.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

The "network" is a corporation...corporations don't go to jail (which is really too bad).

hard to jail a corporation, but the very term of, and the intent of incorporation means to embody a company and grant them the rights and responsibilities of a person, under the law.

They can be prosecuted...

a very large convenience store corporation was convicted of a felony in iowa 30 years or so ago... it didn't prevent them from doing business there, but did cause them to lose their liquor license, effectively putting them out of business...

corporations can be hit in criminal court.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.