Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by NH K9
I was under the impression this was about GHWB being a coward, not his credentials as a "true conservative" or good president. Those issues are not mutually exclusive.

George

George,

Read the title of this thread. And access the links I've posted. Bush bailed out of his plane to save his a$s at the expense of his two crew members. The right procedure was for Bush to have attempted a water landing thereby attempting to save the lives of his crew members. That was his job. His job was not to save his a$s at the expense of his crew members lives. That was established protocol.

George, if you want to retain your belief that Bush was a hero, I'm good. But those who were there and know what Bush did have a very different take on Bush's status as a hero. And just doing his job does not make him a hero, just like your just doing your job does not make you a hero. Access the link I've posted about Vincent Bugliosi's definition of a hero for enlightenment.

Last edited by Laguna; 12/30/12.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I must admit I have only skimmed over this thread
============

It's rather obvious you skim over most of which you read.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RISJR
You get the impression that those who wish to restore the American Republic favor authoritarians
=============

Try to first restore yourself to normalcy, screwball.
I've always been above normal, so can't oblige. wink You, however ...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Negative, it would be in regards to his military service and how he handled being shot down.

George
Oh, I have no opinion on that. Haven't studied it enough. It likely takes a certain degree of guts just to pilot a fighter jet, however, let alone in a war zone.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You still here, dipschit?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bush-Hinckley connection.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
George, if you want to retain your belief that Bush was a hero, I'm good.

I'm curious....are you being intentionally disingenuous, are your reading comprehension skills lacking or is your memory faulty? Don't attribute a belief/quote to me that I've already stated I don't hold.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
George, if you want to retain your belief that Bush was a hero, I'm good.

I'm curious....are you being intentionally disingenuous, are your reading comprehension skills lacking or is your memory faulty? Don't attribute a belief/quote to me that I've already stated I don't hold.

George

George,

No. I am responding to your belief that Bush was a hero. If you want to believe it, I'm good.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
If that's the case you should have no problem finding the post where I called him a hero, right?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If that's the case you should have no problem finding the post where I called him a hero, right?

George

===============

If he has a light source up his dumb ass,maybe.

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

George

George,

Are you declaring that you did not defend Bush's status as alleged war hero?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

I asked him point blank in another thread if he was raisinhead and he never admitted to it. Must be ashamed of the things he wrote. I have no idea why the name change but he is an Azzhat which ever name he uses. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll save you the time. Here's my original post (bold added):

"I've never considered Bush a "hero" but have always respected his service. I don't feel it necessary to praise or condemn the man when I wasn't in his shoes."

So, yes, I guess you could say that I never called him a hero.

George

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've never considered Bush a "hero" but have always respected his service. I don't feel it necessary to praise or condemn the man when I wasn't in his shoes.

Which branch of the service did you serve in, Laguna, to judge the man? Which armed conflicts did you take part in? I'm assuming, based only on a summation of your past comments, that you're of an age to have overlapped at least a couple.

George

Here's what you posted. You've always "...respected his service..." even tough he was derelict in his duty to protect his crew members.

I was wrong in that you did not call him a hero. However, you have defended him by finding it unnecessary to praise or condemn him. If he was in fact derelict in his duty to protect the lives of his crew members, why would you find it unnecessary to condemn him?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Good job admitting you were wrong.

I will speak to some aviators I respect and see what they have to say on the issue. Pugs is, unfortunately, hunting or I'm sure he would have weighed in by now. Your statement that he was derelict means nothing as you don't have the qualifications to make the statement. I will readily admit that I don't have the requisite knowledge at this point to render a decision on the matter.

That said, the man was a combat pilot. That alone is worthy of respect in my mind.

George

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
STFU, you demented simpleton.

William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Good job admitting you were wrong.

I will speak to some aviators I respect and see what they have to say on the issue. Pugs is, unfortunately, hunting or I'm sure he would have weighed in by now. Your statement that he was derelict means nothing as you don't have the qualifications to make the statement. I will readily admit that I don't have the requisite knowledge at this point to render a decision on the matter.

That said, the man was a combat pilot. That alone is worthy of respect in my mind.

George

I could've respected Bush if he had at least tried to save his two crew members as was his job. But he didn't. He chose to save himself at the expense of his crew members' lives.

In another post in this thread is a synopsis of a previous incident in which Bush effectuated a water landing saving his crew members. So why didn't he attempt the same maneuver again?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he was in fact derelict in his duty to protect the lives of his crew members, why would you find it unnecessary to condemn him?

Well we all know he was because you said so, right here in this thread although all you have is somebody in another plane that claimed it to be true. Now this man might have been holding a grudge against GHWB that had nothing to do with his courage or lack of it. Again it might have been that the plane that was on fire and had been for some time would not respond to the controls any more. You don't know, I don't know. Again it seems like one of the other two men in the plane managed to get out and was lost and the other might have been dead, you don't know, I don't know. Now what I glean from all of this is that you have a Hard on for GHWB for some reason and are trying to trash him via this thread, which makes you a troll and an Azzhat, to me. Now I do know that the military saw fit to give him a medal for this act and according to what I have read he flew the plane and dropped his bombs even after it was hit, so I would say that he most likely was no coward. Scared as hell, probably, might have made a bad decision or two. I do doubt from reading others accounts (not your man) that he put his life before the others. He might have thought that they were right behind him or maybe the other one that jumped was before him, I don't know, you don't know. You are in fact trying to trash an old man that is now sick by using things that you do not know are true or not. That would lend credence that maybe you are the one that is a coward. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

I asked him point blank in another thread if he was raisinhead and he never admitted to it. Must be ashamed of the things he wrote. I have no idea why the name change but he is an Azzhat which ever name he uses. miles

Do you mean that this black chick, Laguana, is the same poster as the effeminate sounding member who called herself Rasuilli?

Now it all makes sense..................... except why y'all are still responding to its' posts.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
GHWB was a good man.

GWB is an idiot who [bleep] up our country.

It's obama sucking [bleep] like you that's [bleep] up the country

Mike

+100

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 1234, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.