Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 696 of 2,579 1 2 694 695 696 697 698 2578 2579
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Tuner....how did your lessons go with your rich buds?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang,next time tell him to buy a Holland & Holland .500 NE.

Yeah, I was asleep at the switch on that and I forgot to have him put me in his will. Et up with the dumass that day I was.

I have a number of Weavers, all steel tube versions (refurbished) with one exception and mostly of the K2.5 variety. Tough stuff for the workin' fella. Otherwise, and this years ago, my first Burris was stolen along with the Mod 88 Winchester not long after I killed my first deer with it. The second Burris was a freakin' train wreck. Picked up a Nikon 2x7 for a 9422M a couple decades back and had no complaints, but otherwise it's been Leupold all the way. Might have ventured into some of the Euro brands if I was well heeled, but I'm a long ways from being THAT well heeled. Seein' prices for a Chitt-Bender could get me a Cooper or close to it, probably not destined to happen in this life. Swarovski makes some good glass, but holy mother of pearl, they do want a pretty penny for their product. It's just a sight...not a wife. Wait....on second thought..... shocked

So maybe BSA/Tasco and a few others are OK-fine but I'm still not gonna drink that Kool-aid. Not in this life.

Just to show you how consistent I am with all of this, two of my favorite sights are Millet SP-1 red dots. Works on a .22 short shooter and a 77/44 SS. Sub MOLTG* precision there. Painfully expensive at ~$75.00 on sale at Natchez and elsewhere. Dead nuts reliable and tougher than an oak stump. My newest battery is 3 years old.

BD

* In case you missed it back about 200 pages ago: MOLTG = Minute of Light The Grill

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Agreed. They're no fun.

I have an all stainless 54 Excalibur 7-08 on order. I hope it's no fun either.

You turbo-suck. laugh

BD

It should be here soon. I actually ordered it for my dad. I used his initials and birthday as the custom serial number. It may be several years before I get to do any hunting with it....but no matter what he and I will always be hunting together.

Don't tell him. He lurks here some.

Mums the word, hope it's a couple decades....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by deflave
HawkI,

That video affirmed my love and admiration for DB. In exchange for your caring and benevolence, I offer this:

"What do you call a hottie in Iowa?"

"A visitor."

GFY,
Travis

No, no, no....you call her Bessie.

Nursery manager has a fellow walk in, tells him they "just hybridized a peach tree that grows peaches that taste just like pu%%y, wanna try one?"

"Hell yes!" Says the guy. Takes a bite, spits. "Jesus, that tastes like schit!"

Manager says "turn it around"....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
-laughin-

I am..........disturbed.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good old Ruger #1, hell, you can run thru 5-6 bullet styles and weights, a pound or three of powder and maybe, just maybe, you'll find nirvana. If you're not lucky. If you are, well, another bunch of bullets and more powder. With any luck at all you might burn out the barrel before you're done with it. Eternal amusement that. Keeps you out of the bars and divorce court and all that chitt.

laugh Yep that is a very true statement. Mine was both a pleasure, and a curse. I cursed it alot at times. It still shoots nice though.

Swifty
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Dang,next time tell him to buy a Holland & Holland .500 NE.

Yeah, I was asleep at the switch on that and I forgot to have him put me in his will. Et up with the dumass that day I was.

I have a number of Weavers, all steel tube versions (refurbished) with one exception and mostly of the K2.5 variety. Tough stuff for the workin' fella. Otherwise, and this years ago, my first Burris was stolen along with the Mod 88 Winchester not long after I killed my first deer with it. The second Burris was a freakin' train wreck. Picked up a Nikon 2x7 for a 9422M a couple decades back and had no complaints, but otherwise it's been Leupold all the way. Might have ventured into some of the Euro brands if I was well heeled, but I'm a long ways from being THAT well heeled. Seein' prices for a Chitt-Bender could get me a Cooper or close to it, probably not destined to happen in this life. Swarovski makes some good glass, but holy mother of pearl, they do want a pretty penny for their product. It's just a sight...not a wife. Wait....on second thought..... shocked

So maybe BSA/Tasco and a few others are OK-fine but I'm still not gonna drink that Kool-aid. Not in this life.

Just to show you how consistent I am with all of this, two of my favorite sights are Millet SP-1 red dots. Works on a .22 short shooter and a 77/44 SS. Sub MOLTG* precision there. Painfully expensive at ~$75.00 on sale at Natchez and elsewhere. Dead nuts reliable and tougher than an oak stump. My newest battery is 3 years old.

BD

* In case you missed it back about 200 pages ago: MOLTG = Minute of Light The Grill
Owned 2 Swarovski's and I think Zeiss Conquests are just a little better,Leupold (majority) and Weaver is what are on my rifles with 2 Zeiss on a .257 Wby (3x-9x)and the 4x on the .375 H&H. Redfeild are on a .338 Win mag and my .30-06,both 2x-7x.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for giving Zeiss honorable mention. I met one of the extended family members back in the '70s over in the Bahamas. Her name was Sigrid. Smokin' hot Fraulein by any standard I'm familiar with. Their glass is as good as her ass, or better. Or is it her glass is as...I dunno it matters, anyway, God bless her...and maybe Carl too.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swifty, I went thru the #1 loop three times. One required a new barrel, the others just a lot of tinkering around. End of the day they were good shooters but they damn near wore me out gettin' there.

First was an AB in 7x57. It got a new barrel of 28" and chamber for the 7x57 AI. Pretty much a shock to see how well it shot after that. Great cartridge by the way.

Second and third was a .257 Bob and a .22 Hornet. I never could get Bob to shoot anything longer than an 85 BT worth a chitt, but it was good for 3/4 MOA with that bullet. The Hornet never did particularly well until rechambered for the K-Hornet. It ran about the same as Bob after that, but only with the Hornady 45 gr Hornet bullet. Puked with everything else. They all went down the road...

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They won't use your stock....

But they are coming out with a Model 51 this year. Repeater in the 223 family. 223AI and 6x45 are two of their standard chamberings. They will twist to your standards on a custom order.

Thank you sir for your timely response. Now GFY.

Are repeaters something new to their line of rifles?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I dunno. Try "God Bless" with them, they may not be ready for GFY.

Sounds like you're thinking about launching torpedoes? 9" twist, mebbe some 200+ grain VLDs? They'll over penetrate on dogs. Want to see vids when you can.

Thanks Dan. But somebody else already answered my question.

I'm thinking fast twist and 215gr Bergers. Until I read they won't use my stock. I wonder if they'll build just a barreled action for me?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

If I were a woman, I'd ask this guy to wear out my vagina.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Swfity, those are some nice looking rifles.

I take it you like Cooper's customer service?

Travis

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Flave....you are something else Chief.....sonofabitch!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Flave....you are something else Chief.....sonofabitch!

Hey buddy. I've been schitfaced for a week. I'm gonna watch Rocky II tonight and regroup.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sam,

I like your new dog. Not as much as the one that looks like a cotton ball, but still a nice looking pup.

Travis

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

You can't wear those things out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pat85

Ace Adair claims he can.

Must have given it a left jab.

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

Dave

Don can lick his eyebrows. I seen him do it..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85

They are like .308 barrels- you'll get bored with it before you wear it out.

Page 696 of 2,579 1 2 694 695 696 697 698 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.