Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 743 of 2,579 1 2 741 742 743 744 745 2578 2579
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by fatjack34
How did it go from there Poobah? Geez, one in the mush pissed I'm off?

Well, he tried covering those six feet at warp speed to get to me ( we were both in ankle deep water) I had a pump .22 revved up to max ordnance expenditure, and managed to get five more in his punkin head as he covered that six feet,he gave up 3 inches from my foot...

My pard said he had NEVER seen a pump cranked that fast...but I was highly motivated! eek

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
...got chomped down in FL a few years back by a Brown Recluse

Dats what got me that day in Ga. ( the same week of the moccasin episode...) It was a no phun experience...still got a divot missing out of my leg from him...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those little pricks are what scare me the most, [bleep] I hate spiders!

We are lucky with rattlers here, never see one on this side of the river around here. North of the lake yes, but not down here, not even out in the hills.

Opening day of deer this year was plenty warm enough to be looking for snakes while crawling up rocky coulees. I've never been bit by one but it would really suck 3-4 miles away from the pickup and another 60-80 miles from town.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple of Black Widow stories.. I don't kill them, either..

First - Our house up in the Santa Cruz mountains was in a Black Widow breeding ground. The place was over run with them.. Wifey's office was in our granny unit, and one day we were having problems with the home network, so I went in there to fiddle around with the router which was under her desk.

I go under there, and there's the tell tale tangle of webs, and a fat Black Widow in the leg space under her desk. I grab a glass and catch it, then go find the wife.. "hey sweety, notice any spider webs under your desk?".. "Uh, yeah.. I could feel some under there.." .. "Well looky what I found!!"

She just about died..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yeah, Ive seen them north of the lake too Sammo...and Horned toads...of all things...I had no idea they were that far north...

But then again I saw a schittload of Kangaroo rats in the Beartrap on the Madison...the snakes in there LOVE them! grin

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
As a kid, I had one of those cottonmouth bastids about 6" from the end of my nose. He happened to just be passing through under the low monkeybars when I picked the rightcrazy moment to hang upside down.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stuck my head in a hole in NC once, noticed a tiny ledge 4 inches from my face...with a snake laying on it!

I NEVER did that schitt again! eek

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude, I would move if I found Black Widows in my house!

They are up on the creek. I have seen one in an old gopher hole and one in an old badger hole. At least they don't crawl around on you when you're sleeping like those [bleep]' recluse and hobo's.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Got lots-black widows right out in my garage Sammo! I can send you some! grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you do Tom......Expect a boat paddle 270 in the mail......grin

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mojo....I am with you on the 8 legged pricks too.....kill em all!

WTH is wrong with octopus? Great fish bait.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I should have tried to catch this one and had it stuffed.
One of the bigger rattlesnakes I have ever seen.

My buddy had one mounted last year and it is badass.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

that would have been his dead ass if i was there. i'd wrecked my truck to kill that [bleep].

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was out in the country living where he lives. No house close by so there was no danger.

Anymore I try not to run over anything so maybe I'm a hippy....grin

Now if that was in my backyard then I'd get a long handled spade shovel give it a thump on the head!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other time.. We were getting our Structure Fire training up at an old CalFire camp up the road, and when it came time to get timed for donning our SCBA's, we had to go into an old warehouse to get the equipment.

I was partnered with this chick trainee, big strong girl, hotter than hell, and we gather all our equipment, and I grab a mask off the rack. I notice the spider webs immediately, but she grabs it and says "I go first"... Tough chick, like I said..

I look at her and say, "okay babe, but you might want to get the Black Widow out first!" I grabbed the mask out of her hands, peeled back the rubber nose piece and shoved the giant black widow right in her face. She turned white and almost passed out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got stung so many times by wasps as a kid I was immune there sting after a spell. After that they stopped stickin' me mostly. Only been hit twice by them since '65. My dad was highly alergic to wasps. ER country for him. He and both agreed that scorpions just plain suck though.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ingwe
Got lots-black widows right out in my garage Sammo! I can send you some! grin

Tom...Sammy...I thought it was too cold up your way for all that schitt to survive...especially the widows.....wow! Didn't know that schitt!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Dude, I would move if I found Black Widows in my house!

They are up on the creek. I have seen one in an old gopher hole and one in an old badger hole. At least they don't crawl around on you when you're sleeping like those [bleep]' recluse and hobo's.

Holy [bleep], there'd be a hundred of them in the crawl space under the house. That would almost get scary sometimes..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I love snakes and I aint skeered of spiders but I had one of the little eight legged bastids put me in the hospital for five days....

Now, bees and hornets and such make me scream and run like a little girl! eek

Me 61 year old sister got chomped down in FL a few years back by a Brown Recluse that [bleep] her up good for a while....a long while!

You should have her sign up on the fire, her story won't have gerbils and end with an infected O ring......

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Scorpions are needless too...

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by bubbajay

I love snakes and I aint skeered of spiders but I had one of the little eight legged bastids put me in the hospital for five days....

Now, bees and hornets and such make me scream and run like a little girl! eek

Me 61 year old sister got chomped down in FL a few years back by a Brown Recluse that [bleep] her up good for a while....a long while!

You should have her sign up on the fire, her story won't have gerbils and end with an infected O ring......

Bubbagump....not a bad idea...the end result I think is about the same....a draining wound that is sore as [bleep]! As I recall it was her hand and she didn't have to wear a garden hose in close proximity to her winky!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Page 743 of 2,579 1 2 741 742 743 744 745 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,624 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,818
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.