Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
FOX News' purpose is to present a format which will appeal to conservatives, then use it to convince conservatives to accept the status quo.

That why you see such things on there as Bill O'Reilly ranting about liberals one moment, then advocating gun control the next.

It's called controlled opposition.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Someone caught the gey

Prefer Anderson Cooper?

Originally Posted by ppine
Their message is flawed. I find Hannity in particular to be one of the dangerous people in media. I watch Fox News so I can understand how other people think.

What is with all the talk about hot women in newscasters? There are models everywhere. It is the American way to sell everything.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
FOX News' purpose is to present a format which will appeal to conservatives, then use it to convince conservatives to accept the status quo.

That why you see such things on there as Bill O'Reilly ranting about liberals one moment, then advocating gun control the next.

The purpose of FOX is to maintain the highest ratings of any cable news outlet.

They do that by presenting both sides and hope for lively discussion/fireworks.

�Controlled opposition� means nothing more then �debate� or as FOX puts it; �Fair and Balanced.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

�Controlled opposition� means nothing more then �debate� or as FOX puts it; �Fair and Balanced.�

TV is quite possibly the absolute *worst* source of information from which to form one's world view,...and it's totally evident from your posts that TV is where your world view comes from.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HankStone
When FOX hired that Juan Williams I was done with FOX NEWS,that guy puts splinters under my fingernails can't stand him!!

I kinda liked it when Fox offered him a job. Especially how fast, the ink on the "your fired" memo hadn't even dried yet.

Too funny!
And it made a point that even liberals aren't too dense to savvy.

He's a good addition.
Helps create the illusion of fair and balanced, adds a minority face to the roster, and makes a WONDERFUL punching bag for neocons and true conservatives alike.

It's more evident all the time that, like most libs, he teeters at the edge of a spittle spraying, foot stomping fit. The more the rest of the crew hammers on leftist idiocy the harder he has to fight the urge.
It's funny.
Blob Beckel and Horrendous Revolver are more composed, generally less apt to be pushed over the edge.
I just hope he doesn't have an anurism right there in the studio.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once again you have been caught in another lie.

I have not given any definition of �neocon� nor repeated anyone else�s definition.

I did say the term is worthless.

As a Goldwater Conservative I have no use for �neo� which means �new� as in �new-conservative�

Bastardized conservatism for political expediency would be a better term.

BCFPE's abound...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
I'd rather watch Megyn Kelly than listen to Rush.

[Linked Image]

I'd rather watch her than read the derail/train wreck/spray of shrapnel that these threads inevitably turn into....

but a guy's gotta bang his head on the wall once in a while just for the entertainment.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You have a point.
But the part I bolded is a bulls eye.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here's how to get fired from Faux in less than 5 minutes. Greatest rant in TV history.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was a good rant. I don't agree with all of it but none the less it was an epic rant.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I gave up on Hannity after his continual interruption of guests. He has a way of cutting them off just as they are going to make their point or say something cogent to the discussion. Hannity on the radio is almost tolerable, but the commercial breaks are longer than the content. O'Reilly is an author hawking his wares, while fast becoming a poster geezer for Alzheimer's. A penchant for pontification does not make one Pope.

Like many here, I suffer news and commentary stress disorder since the last election. Trying to convince me that Romney wasn't another Dole/McCain looser was like constant electrical torture. I hardly even listen to Rush or Levin either, why subject yourself to the political equivalent of sideshow barkers when you have no recourse to action?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ghost,

You do man!

Napolitano is an authentic conservative who was forced to work with neocons. Neocons will destroy him like they do to all conservatives.

Take care,

Tom

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
With what do not not agree, the truth?

The three hardest words for a person to say are, "I was wrong."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Bingo!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fox news is a business and as such is only concerned with ratings which translates to profit.

And that is exactly how it should be.

If O'Rielly or Hannity slip far enough you can BYSA they will be replaced. Personally I think they are both buffoons and should have been cashiered long ago.

Last edited by Spanokopitas; 01/05/13.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

TV is quite possibly the absolute *worst* source of information from which to form one's world view,...and it's totally evident from your posts that TV is where your world view comes from.

My Conservatism is based on a little book by Barry Goldwater. �The Conscience of a Conservative� And I voted for him. Goldwater in his old age was not the man I voted for in 1964.

My world view is based on many sources and a personal history long enough to include Reagan and Gingrich as well as Goldwater when they were in office.

Any world view that excludes TV or any reliable information source is half blind.

That does not include as reliable sources, newsletters from con artists trying to scare naive gullible patrons into buying their crap.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I was able to watch the last half of the John Robert�s interview with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on FOX News Sunday. Excellent stuff!

About President Barack Obama's expected choice of former Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel to head the Pentagon:

"This is a president who has drunk the tea. He's high on reelection right now.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Here's how to get fired from Faux in less than 5 minutes. Greatest rant in TV history.

My early choice for the next President of the U.S.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Laguna

You do know projection, right?

Yes, we do know what projection is, douchebag.

You're a neocon, liberal Democrat.

THAT is projection.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

My early choice for the next President of the U.S.

I hope he runs as well.

He's got something that Ron Paul doesn't........charisma.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 41 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.