-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet for a nano second, his heart fell into his stomach!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm bettin wild horses couldn't keep him off that airplane....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PieterKriel
URGENT NOTICE:

Due to adverse cold conditions all hunting in South Africa has been postponed for a week. This affects Limpopo specifically. All hunters are requested to stay home until further notice.

wink

Have fun.

grinHe has so many knives stickin' out of his back that he looks like a porcupine grin He'll NEVER get past the TSA thugs now! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
.... thanks to you and all the other bastids that have helped me out.... smile

Looks like I nailed it previously..... smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I saw an ad for them in the last SCI magazine. I can't believe SCI is putting anything with his name on it associated with them. Guess they just wanted the money for his full page color add!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Anyone know anything about them? Owners are Barry and Lizelle Burchell. They have been in the safari business for 20 years or so. Reason being they are offering a really unbelievable package on a plains game safari. Thanks.

Got the fever, don't cha? There is no known cure. Don't say you weren't warned!!!! grin

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
btt

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
How did JG do??

And we know that all things work for the good for those who love The Lord, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8-28
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Wound up going with Koedoeberg Safaris in SA. Fantastic time, great people.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Glad to hear it. I hunted SA this spring with Mankananza Safaris. Life changing experience. Going back in 2015 if not next spring if I can swing $$ it. Kevin

And we know that all things work for the good for those who love The Lord, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8-28
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
BTT

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I hunted with Frontier/Burchell in Namibia in Aug 2012 with a friend - we had great hunts, can't complain about anything on the hunts, we shot nice animals, HOWEVER, our heads, horns, capes are STILL in Namibia, due to a 'problem with the permit to export'. If you consider using them, you must ask about this!
CMG

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
BTT

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
btt

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I see he is starting to advertise heavily with Safari Club and others. SCI suspended him, people who hunted with him had some of their animals confiscated (because of him falsifying paperwork), and others who hunted with him had to spend $ on top of their safari cost to defend themselves and try to keep out of his legal mess that he created and they had nothing to do with!!!! And now SCI is back supporting this guy letting him advertise with them and I even saw him at a booth at the Dallas show. How can this be???? I called SCI legal team and got a "we'll look into it and get back with you" That was in Nov 2013, still waiting. PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY AND HIS OPERATIONS> DOOO your research!!!!!!!!!

L
L
Do research on this guy !! Just google him.
Controversial is an understatement, arrested in the US for trying to smuggle in a leopard skin.
I know plenty land owners that have not been paid or need to use him for payment.
Pro hunters that don't get paid and need to sue him.

Ask Scott Anglin, what he thinks of this operation.
Regards

Dave Davenport
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you want a different and great hunt look up Agarob Hunting Safaris. Lots of game and a fair deal. Been going with them five years now and never had any trouble with trophies or the cost.All free range in big country. And its horseback on good stock. Many people come over that have never ridden and do fine.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another vote for Agarob Safaris.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pdkillr
I see he is starting to advertise heavily with Safari Club and others. SCI suspended him, people who hunted with him had some of their animals confiscated (because of him falsifying paperwork), and others who hunted with him had to spend $ on top of their safari cost to defend themselves and try to keep out of his legal mess that he created and they had nothing to do with!!!! And now SCI is back supporting this guy letting him advertise with them and I even saw him at a booth at the Dallas show. How can this be???? I called SCI legal team and got a "we'll look into it and get back with you" That was in Nov 2013, still waiting. PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY AND HIS OPERATIONS> DOOO your research!!!!!!!!!

For this reason, as well as SCI's support of Jeff Blair and his Worldwide Hunting outfit....SCI has become a joke IMO.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I wish we could get a main forum topic going that you enter the name of the outfitter/operator, state or country they are in and just a simple check yes/no or maybe box on whether you would go back or refer them. that way there would not be 2 sides to the story or explanation just a simple answer for others to use as to whether they really need to use due diligence before dropping a ton of money for a hunt. I think this would be a great starting point, because I for one would look at specific outfit and if they had more than one no or maybe I would know not to waste my time.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 222ND, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,628
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.