Page 827 of 2,579 1 2 825 826 827 828 829 2578 2579
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sold him a sack of oregano?

That......

Wow. They usually won't track ya down for that, they just throw it in their chili.

He must have been a fiesty one. Never can tell.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by badger
Nice shooting!

You go with the campfire tight twist or a more mundane rate of revolution?

8 twist, with a Kenworth shifter just for Travis. Dats what makes it shoot so good smile

[Linked Image]

Nice piece, nice shootin'. Always puzzled me that so many fireform loads group out of the gate. Then the work begins. laugh

Luck with that rig.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by fatjack34
SlimJim- Serious as the heartattack I nearly had! Just yesterday morning!

He must have had a key card to open the lock and then busted the safety latch off the door. I heard the door bust open and hit the ground running. He was a good size brown guy with tattoos on his neck and eyes like saucers when he saw a crazy nekkid gringo running at him, Lil' Smokie flailin around and all.

I'm sure he was more scared of wrasslin the crazy naked whte guy than he was of my left jab.

laugh laugh laugh

When I was young and virile, all 6'4" 240 pounds of me, I was taking a leak at a drive in theatre john and a little mesican ( Maybe 4'12"...maybe..) came up from behind me, obviously drunk and hit me, proclaiming loudly that he had been looking for me since " San Antone..." I turned around, picked him up by the shoulders ( like in the movies...) till he was on eye level and reassured him that he wasn't lookin' for ME....

He agreed too.... grin

Please tell me you reeled around with your junk still out and never broke stream!

Well....duh.....when I was young and virile my junk was still visible to the naked eye...so to speak.

So you assraped the scumbag I take it? Sweet!

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've a [bleep] sonofabitch of a gremlin lives in my shop. [bleep] steals tools, breaks chit. Apparently he though it pretty cool to leave the tractor switched on so the battery was stone cold dead. Someday I'd like to catch that little [bleep] in the act.

Got some badger sightings I'm off to investigate.

MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I told him to leave.....he did.

A buddy of mine had someone open the door to his truck at a stoplight and start climbing in only to come face to face with the business end of my bud's Glock.

He said, " 'scuse me, I was just going to ask for directions"

"The way out of my truck is back the way you came"

"Thank you, you're right, thank you..."

He backed out, light turned green, end of story.

David

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fat Pappy-

I ain't never shot nobody and don't really want to.

I am glad he left with the persuasion first offered.

Not high on my bucket list either...you know, to be put in that spot....but...I have wrestled with the scenario in my fat head and the outcome is never good....shoot or not to shoot. A lot of Internet hero's go off about it and say hell ya....but in that moment...the moment before it becomes too late and you are the victim....I really think it is a lot harder to whack a guy than the legends in our crowd would dare admit. Your life will never be the same...ever...probably with either choice.

.02 worth on that. Anytime you're in a confrontation there comes a glistening fragment of time when you realize a decision has to be made. Make the call, don't look back. Your gut (read: survival instinct) is thinking a lot more clearly than your brain.

The first one will give you pause, no debate there. You will get over it. Only "life changing" aspect is you get to reflect on it and the other guy doesn't. Easy call if you ask me. If you're inclined to negotiate in such circumstances don't lose sight of the objective and don't let the other fella close the distance between you. It is a hostile action.

I have been involved in "shooting sports" other than 'Nam.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Weren't me. Promise whistle

GFY

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SLM
Who puts milk in the freezer?

I stand corrected....she must be reaching for the glass designer [bleep] that she prefers chilled before ramming up some bottom feeders fart funnel!

That's disturbing.

I was envisioning a Popsicle.

David

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've a [bleep] sonofabitch of a gremlin lives in my shop. [bleep] steals tools, breaks chit. Apparently he though it pretty cool to leave the tractor switched on so the battery was stone cold dead. Someday I'd like to catch that little [bleep] in the act.

Maybe the mailman or mailwoman [bleep] with your tittts a little? Pissed off and sabotaging the shop? Flave cocked with Greek-O? Naaaa....I am going with the mailman....Travis is your BFF!

[video:youtube]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6xP75qj3nTU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6xP75qj3nTU[/video]

Last edited by fatjack34; 01/13/13.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Hmmm

The natives are restless today it seems. How do we feel about this pic:

[Linked Image]

Absolute perfection right there...

Buy once, cry once.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just as well there was no gun...this time. You'd be in the pokey talking to your lawyer about billable hours right now.....

Didn't say I was gonna shot him, just that he was worth shooting and wished there was a gun handy.

Unless you like guys busting open your hotel door at 4 in the morning. No judgement here. We are all into different things.

I almost shot a guy a couple years ago, trying to get in the front door at 4:00...putting the .357 a half inch into his nostrils was enough to dissauade him from his intentions. Sure am glad I didn't shoot him...but I know what you mean...every situation is different...gotta fly by the seat of your pants sometimes...!

No reason to shoot somebody that doesn't need shootin'.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The beauty of this chick...she is real! Probably needs a snack or pull off the milk jug after just using those strong legs to [bleep] the life out of some lucky skell! Sonofabitch!

Reality check:

She's also annoying the [bleep] out of somebody as we type.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Fat Pappy-

I ain't never shot nobody and don't really want to.

I am glad he left with the persuasion first offered.

Not high on my bucket list either...you know, to be put in that spot....but...I have wrestled with the scenario in my fat head and the outcome is never good....shoot or not to shoot. A lot of Internet hero's go off about it and say hell ya....but in that moment...the moment before it becomes too late and you are the victim....I really think it is a lot harder to whack a guy than the legends in our crowd would dare admit. Your life will never be the same...ever...probably with either choice.

.02 worth on that. Anytime you're in a confrontation there comes a glistening fragment of time when you realize a decision has to be made. Make the call, don't look back. Your gut (read: survival instinct) is thinking a lot more clearly than your brain.

The first one will give you pause, no debate there. You will get over it. Only "life changing" aspect is you get to reflect on it and the other guy doesn't. Easy call if you ask me. If you're inclined to negotiate in such circumstances don't lose sight of the objective and don't let the other fella close the distance between you. It is a hostile action.

I have been involved in "shooting sports" other than 'Nam.

BD

I have made it clear to my family and myself that I refuse to be the victim if at all possible.

I am all for giving the douchebag a shot at grabbing some ground and quietly waiting for the PoPo to arrive....but, I have also made it clear that it is critical to NOT allow a perp to close the gap as you mention. I have always said a firearm for defense is not something to brandish for just intimidation and that if you show it, you better be ready to use it and use it with precision or else the bad guy will likely take it from you and use it on you .

I agree with the shooting to kill theory and not just winging a perp. One story told. Period. That said, fully expect civil suits to follow regardless of being justified....but I would rather deal with that than be a victim.

Bad scene...but I walk through this thing prepared in the tools dept....hoping the gut follows...seriously!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Keep this one!

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
badger,

Bad ass groups buddy. How long was Mickey's turnaround? Please let BGG know that your stock,stock works just fine.

Some R&D today with the 69gr Sierra. I'm liking them. But they need more speed.
[Linked Image]

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mickey turned this one pretty quick for me. I may have reached "preferred customer" status. smile. I think this is the 14th one he's done for me. Less than a month.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, I'll say it.
Props for load development in sub-zero chill and Hi-line breeze.
Lil Smokey's twin bodyguards are some big fruit.
GFY.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Thanks.

Travis

Don't mention it. You should mix a little Blue Dot or Unique in there for more speed.

GFY smile

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Piece of backstrap ready for the grill.

[Linked Image]

David

Page 827 of 2,579 1 2 825 826 827 828 829 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (257 mag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 28 invisible), 1,898 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,889
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.