Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This state is a liberal strong hold but the Republicans in the Senate that got into bed with Cuomo on this are the real Brutus

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NY guys, it's time to hit the streets. imo

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The Assemblyman that represents Erie and Wyoming County let them have it, and his speech prior to his vote was very impressive.

my son was doing a science project on whales and he asked "whats a blow-hole for" and i said "I'll tell you what it's not for, and when I do, you'll understanded why I'm banned for life from Sea World"!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does treatment for depression constitute a mental illness under this law and make anyone that has had said treatment bared from owning firearms?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Looks like Gov HOMO got his way,just like he did to let the [bleep] marry.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guys, it is time to support SAF. I cannot see this staying out of the federal court system and SAF are the guys who will fight for us in court.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Does treatment for depression constitute a mental illness under this law and make anyone that has had said treatment bared from owning firearms?

according to the dialogue today yes, until such time that he is deemed "cured" and no longer suffers from it. Until that time his weapons are placed with the State Police for "safekeeping". At least thats what was said although there is nothing in writing for provisions for that according to the Rep that was being asked all the questions.....

my son was doing a science project on whales and he asked "whats a blow-hole for" and i said "I'll tell you what it's not for, and when I do, you'll understanded why I'm banned for life from Sea World"!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a lot of people up there that have been treated for such...

My heart ache's for them...

For many, firearms was therapy...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We'll have our turn tomorrow.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
How many Republicans voted for??

Philip Boyle
John J. Flanagan
Charles J. Fuschillo Jr
Martin J. Golden
Mark Grisanti
Kemp Hannon
Andrew Lanza
Kenneth P. LaValle
Carl Marcellino
Jack M. Martins
Dean Skelos

These did.

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Civil disobedience is a good start. I don't think I will be alone on this one.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by luvrifles
Civil disobedience is a good start. I don't think I will be alone on this one.

whos your Assemblyman?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hunterdeneugene
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

according to the dialogue today yes, until such time that he is deemed "cured" and no longer suffers from it. Until that time his weapons are placed with the State Police for "safekeeping". At least thats what was said although there is nothing in writing for provisions for that according to the Rep that was being asked all the questions.....

Nice, sounds like a good way to disarm veterans. Guess they thought of it all. Which doesn't surprise me I've felt like this was the goal of the whole mental illness issue to begin with. Falls right in line with the DHS claim that veterans are potential terrorists.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who on this forum said Obama and his Dem Buddies won't come after you gun rights? If it was me, i would move out of this [bleep] up state.

New York's Assembly on Tuesday easily passed the toughest gun control law in the nation and the first since the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, calling for a tougher assault weapons ban and provisions to try to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill who make threats.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo pushed hard for the bill, which passed the Senate on Monday night. He is expected to quickly sign the measure into law.

"This is a scourge on society," Cuomo said Monday night, six days after making gun control a centerpiece of his State of the State address. The bipartisan effort was fueled by the Newtown tragedy that took the lives of 20 first graders and six educators. "At what point do you say, 'No more innocent loss of life'?"

The measure, which passed the Assembly 104-43, also calls for restrictions on ammunition and the sale of guns.

"This is not about taking anyone's rights away," said Sen. Jeffrey Klein, a Bronx Democrat, when the bill passed the Senate late Monday night. "It's about a safe society ... today we are setting the mark for the rest of the county to do what's right."

Under current state law, assault weapons are defined by having two "military rifle" features such as folding stock, muzzle flash suppressor or bayonet mount. The proposal reduces that to one feature and includes the popular pistol grip.

Private sales of assault weapons to someone other than an immediate family will be subject to a background check through a dealer. New Yorkers also would be barred from buying assault weapons over the Internet, and failing to safely store a weapon could lead to a misdemeanor charge.

Ammunition magazines will be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines will have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine will face a misdemeanor charge.

Another provision places requirements on therapists, psychologists, registered nurses and licensed social workers who believe a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally. They would be required to report such a threat to a mental health director, who would have to notify the state. Any registered handguns � or registered assault weapons purchased before the ban � could be taken from the patient.

The legislation also increases sentences for gun crimes including the shooting of a first responder that Cuomo called the "Webster provision." Last month in the western New York town of Webster, two firefighters were killed after responding to a fire set by the shooter, who eventually killed himself.

The measure passed the Senate 43-18 on the strength of support from Democrats, many of whom previously sponsored bills that were once blocked by Republicans.

The governor confirmed the proposal, previously worked out in closed session, also mandate a police registry of assault weapons, grandfathering in the estimated 1 million assault weapons already in private hands.

It was agreed upon exactly a month since the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy.

"It is well-balanced, it protects the Second Amendment," said Senate Republican leader Dean Skelos of Long Island.

Cuomo said he wanted quick action to avoid a run on assault weapons and ammunition.

Assemblyman Steve Katz said legislators were being "bullied." He said the bill is "solely for the governor's egotistical, misguided notion."

Republicans argued the bill wouldn't stop mass shootings or other gun crimes but instead turns law-abiding into potential criminals.

Republican Assemblyman James Tedisco said the bill was dangerous because it would give people a "false sense of well-being."

"You are using innocent children killed by a mad man for own political agenda," he said. "You are actually making people less safe."

___

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would imagine that any veteran receiving benefits for PTSD, depression ect will probably denied (although I am not positive, I don't think they even are yet). One good point brought up was about a provision in Obamacare that these disorders cannot be disclosed for background checks for gun purchases? I didn't get the whole body of that discussion but it was mentioned that the state law could violate Federal Law, that law being Obamacare?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hunterdeneugene
I would imagine that any veteran receiving benefits for PTSD, depression ect will probably denied (although I am not positive, I don't think they even are yet). One good point brought up was about a provision in Obamacare that these disorders cannot be disclosed for background checks for gun purchases? I didn't get the whole body of that discussion but it was mentioned that the state law could violate Federal Law, that law being Obamacare?

Irony?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this the first step to gun registration and confiscation by the Dem's

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by bea175
this the first step to gun registration and confiscation by the Dem's

============

Yes but it is far from the last step.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how many people suffering from mild depression that need some help won't go get it out of fear that they will lose their firearms?

This law could be a mental health disaster!

Turdlike, by default.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by bea175
Who on this forum said Obama and his Dem Buddies won't come after you gun rights? If it was me, i would move out of this [bleep] up state.

I remeber a few on here making bets that there would be no gun laws passed, no bans, no registery. Seems to me this is only the beginning and them people were wrong!

Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,980 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,968
Posts18,519,591
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.