Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dingmo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Have a Ruger M77 Mark II Left Hand 30-06 in very good condition, only a couple of minor handling marks. It is a wood stock with a 21" blue barrel. The gun has been sitting in the safe too long, thinking about moving it. What is it worth?

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Why such a short barrel? It may only be worth about $350.00, hard to speculate until we hear more about the barrel and see some pics.....How many rounds down the tube? Trigger work or anything else done to the rifle?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
post a photo and the price you need to have to let it go.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Dingmo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
OK - might be 22", that looks like what they come in from the factory. It is the original Ruger barrel.

No gunsmithing work to it, it is as it came from Ruger. It has fired less than 100 rounds.

Here is a link to pictures/ad: http://www.gunlistings.org/iowa-gun-classifieds/ames/rifles/122048/ruger_m77_mark_ii_left_hand_3006

Last edited by Dingmo; 01/26/13. Reason: added link
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It says "21"" in the ad. You may want to change that in your listing....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Why such a short barrel? It may only be worth about $350.00, hard to speculate until we hear more about the barrel and see some pics.....How many rounds down the tube? Trigger work or anything else done to the rifle?
His barrel is likely a standard 22-inch tube, vice 21-inches. Round count? That is one of the dumbest things anyone can ask. There are no chronometers or Hobbs meters on rifles and it's damned unlikely a barrel is going to be shot-out. Even if it were, Ruger will re-barrel it at no-cost. Other statements ("sitting in the safe too long") lead me to believe no trigger work has been done to the rifle.

A search of completed auctions on Gunbroker can give you an idea of what actual selling prices in an Internet environment are. I would guess a fair price for a standard, unmolested and unabused blued Model 77 MKII LH to be around $500 and less if the rings need to be replaced.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bricktop
His barrel is likely a standard 22-inch tube, vice 21-inches. Round count? That is one of the dumbest things anyone can ask. There are no chronometers or Hobbs meters on rifles and it's damned unlikely a barrel is going to be shot-out. Even if it were, Ruger will re-barrel it at no-cost. Other statements ("sitting in safe too long") lead me to believe no trigger work has been done to the rifle.

A search of completed auctions on Gunbroker can give you an idea of what actual selling prices in an Internet environment are. I would guess a fair price for a standard, unmolested and unabused blued Model 77 MKII LH to be around $500 and less if the rings need to be replaced.

You should buy it. You're talking out your pie hole when you make stupid statements about no trigger work being done because it's sat in a corner. What a [bleep] idiot like always...

BSA MAGA
D
Dingmo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Good catch - ad now says 22" barrel. No gunsmithing work of any kind has been attempted on this rifle - I know better than to screw it up...

Last edited by Dingmo; 01/26/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
His barrel is likely a standard 22-inch tube, vice 21-inches. Round count? That is one of the dumbest things anyone can ask. There are no chronometers or Hobbs meters on rifles and it's damned unlikely a barrel is going to be shot-out. Even if it were, Ruger will re-barrel it at no-cost. Other statements ("sitting in safe too long") lead me to believe no trigger work has been done to the rifle.

You should buy it. You're talking out your pie hole when you make stupid statements about no trigger work being done because it's sat in a corner. What a [bleep] idiot like always...
Sitting in a corner = little interest from the owner = custom work/trigger work unlikely. That's called LOGIC, [bleep]. Get some.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,572
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.