-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 53 of 169 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 168 169
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well then, I might be in luck. If I stab a boar with either, will you sell it to me so I can show it off to my grandkids etc?

I did not know that Cold Steel ever made a boar spear, how does it differ from the Assegai Spear? They did not show a model so named in thier catalouge today. Maybe we could trade, one of my swords or my 300 year old wavy blade Kris? It is a BIG one.....

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its got a crossbar to keep the hog from coming up the shaft....i remember it from past catalogs....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark you may use anything ya like,even one of my Sharps rifles but I sell or trade nothing.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark, pm inbound.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GOT IT! Now to teach a dinosaur who hates PayPAl how one buys anything from FleaBay. Whether I figure that part out or not, thank you for the link and thinking of me.

MARK

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like a Boar Spearhead is coming this way. I will have a local knifemaker freind sharpen it and get a local steel fabrication shop to weld a solid steel shaft into the base. Maybe from a truck Axel like Capstick used on his ill fated Buffspear(I sure hope that my pig adventure works a lot better than his cape buffalo fiasco!)

Still not sure if I will be able to convince the lodge folks to let me try it, or if it will be possible to get that close to a pig, but I want to give it a go if it can be made to happen.

Its not like I have never tried this.....

[Linked Image]

But it might be a little more dicey on a pig that has not yet been eviscerated by a head on shot from a 340 Tyrannosaur.... Picture os From Zimbabwe, '04, Sondelani camp in Central Zim. My hair and beard are a LOT more gray now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ya know, it would be interesting to hunt a mini-rhino like that. Maybe game farms would stock wart hogs instead of Russian boars? smile

I recall Capstick telling the story of a wild Boar hunt in South America - the traditional type where the dogs catch the boar and you stab it with a big knife. According to the story, the dogs caught the boar, and Capstick grabbed the boar's tail, but was then too terrified to actually stab the boar, so he just held on to the tail. The boar finally had enough and broke free of the dogs. Capstick collects himself, looks around, and sees his guides laughing hysterically. Later, when the boar was finally killed, they gave him the tail as his trophy.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by safariman
It looks like a Boar Spearhead is coming this way. I will have a local knifemaker freind sharpen it and get a local steel fabrication shop to weld a solid steel shaft into the base. Maybe from a truck Axel like Capstick used on his ill fated Buffspear(I sure hope that my pig adventure works a lot better than his cape buffalo fiasco!)

Still not sure if I will be able to convince the lodge folks to let me try it, or if it will be possible to get that close to a pig, but I want to give it a go if it can be made to happen.

Its not like I have never tried this.....

[Linked Image]

But it might be a little more dicey on a pig that has not yet been eviscerated by a head on shot from a 340 Tyrannosaur.... Picture os From Zimbabwe, '04, Sondelani camp in Central Zim. My hair and beard are a LOT more gray now.

Bring your climbing shoes...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think I'll be taking many a day trip to check out the area. Not sure if I can handle 4 days in camp with a group of adolescent 50 year olds.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I think I'll be taking many a day trip to check out the area. Not sure if I can handle 4 days in camp with a group of adolescent 50 year olds.

I'm only 49. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

HEY NOW! I resemble that remark!

I figured out long ago how to never suffer from the trauma of a second childhood, and that is to never leave the FIRST one. I like to think of myself in terms of an 18 year old with 34 years of experience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Based on last year, there will be much more joking about childish behavior, than actual childish behavior.

That was before Crimson Tide, Safariman, & Rattler, though smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
i have 2 spears made by cold steel. you can use one of them. ken

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
you can use one of my hog knifes. if you like to.we can get the dogs out.an find you a big one. ken

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very cool and kind of you sir. Much thanks.

What would be the chances of getting close enough to a hog to spear him without the dogs? I do not know your game animals or terrain at all. Looks like I will have my own Cold Steel Spear on hand.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Based on last year, there will be much more joking about childish behavior, than actual childish behavior.

I don't recall a single ambulence showing up during last year's hunt.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I don't recall a single amberlamps showing up during last year's hunt.

FIXT. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
hunt the rocks. you need some one with you that can shoot.with a spear an no dogs.it is one hard hunt. they cant see thatwill but they can hearing like a deer.i will get troy to help you . that boy is the best one up thare mybe the 2nd best when i am thare. but we will get you on one. ken

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Oh, Lord, we're all going to have to watch this. It would be too good to miss.

Page 53 of 169 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,184
Posts18,484,764
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.