Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone use it?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have used it for a long time. I have a bench mounted that I use when I'm gonna be priming lots of cases. I use the hand held most of the time. And I've got the tool that you use to load any primers into the priming strips. Handy, quick, easy to use. Never have to touch the primers.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've got a pair of handheld for large and small primers as well as a couple of strip loaders and lots of strips. It's helping me get through the current hard times that I bought a fair number of CCI primers preloaded in strips when the company (was it still Blount?) broke the promise that APS strip loaded primers would be no extra charge. I firmly believe the APS system is far and away the best priming system for progressive presses - which is not the same thing as saying the RCBS progressive is the best progressive (though I think the RCBS is the best choice for the loader who uses a single machine to load a variety of primer sizes in relatively small runs - compared to the Dillon user with a variety of machines which has a lot going for it as a system just as I think the Hornady is better than a 550 and good for changing cartridges but maybe not the very best for massive production of .45ACP)

Good for loading out of a cigar box in motel rooms though with no loose primers and no unidentified primers. APS or a similar system would be nice for an industry wide system including the variety of progrssives - I think APS is superior to dumping primers on a flipper and/or filling tubes.I'd have to add that I can see absolutely no reason for anyone at all to adopt the APS system as primary starting now and going forward.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My RCBS Pro 2000 press came with it. I really like it. It works.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.