Selling because of a torn rotator cuff...my shoulder can't take the big calibers anymore and I need a few more bucks before I go through the surgery needed to fix it. $1100 delivered with scope, $900 without.

This was produced by Apollo Customs Rifles in the 1970s. I'm pretty sure it's an Austrian-made Voere action and barrel (23 5/8 inches), which I believe is the same one used in some of the Kleinguenther (KDF) rifles - which at the time, had a 1/2 MOA guarantee. I do have some of the old literature and will include it with the rifle. The barreled action was set in a custom stock made by Apollo.

They were based in Long Beach, CA and were a contemporary and competitor to Roy Weatherby, with their own set of custom calibers, most based on the 300 Win Mag case.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rifle looks GREAT in these photos, but the wood is not perfect. It's a 1970s rifle as far as I can tell, and it has the original finish. So even though it spent a good 30 years in a closet, unused, the finish (varnish?) has many small handling marks, a couple of scratches and you can see some crazing in the finish when you hold it up to the light. Here's a closeup that better shows the finish in the reflection of the flash:

[Linked Image]

Metal is in excellent shape. I had it Duracoated flat black after I had the muzzle recrowned.

It's currently wearing a Burris FFII 4.5-14x42 scope with adjustable objective and a ballistic plex reticle. Like the gun, it's not perfect but in very good plus condition.

The caliber is an odd one, but very easy to load for. It's a 300 Win Mag necked down to 7mm. I used a Hornady 7mm Mag neck sizing die on new 300 WM brass and everything came out fine. Loaded 154 gr Hornady SSTs over 69gr of Re22 for 2922 fps and not the slightest signs of pressure. It seems to be in the same ballpark as the 7mm Weatherby Magnum. I'm sure 3100-3200 fps would be easily attainable.

The closest cartridge I've seen to it is the 7mm Practical (see http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Resources/Articles/The+7mm+Practical.++A+Practical+Magnum..html). Results from that cartridge show 3200 fps with a 162gr bullet. Original ammo for the Apollo rifle (I still have a few of them) claim 3400 fps with a 140gr Sierra!

Offers will be considered. Trades are welcome. I'm partial to high-quality 45 autos, side-by-side shotguns and very accurate 25-06 rifles...or whatever else you have collecting dust in your gun safe that won't further damage my already abused shoulder.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke