Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Its like anything, I bought my house for $76,000 its worth $250,000 now. What would YOU sell it for?

Life Member NRA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Onpoint
We have a worst problem with people putting comments on post that are neg. or have nothing to do with the the WTS,WTT or WTB. Than they turn it into a pissing match. If you don't like the price, have one for sale or trade just move on. It's really easy.

And that is where I'm a little different, although I don't post when I see prices that are too high, I do agree others have the right to post on ads stating the price is to high - it is an open forum.

It is easy enough to re-post the item if your original ad gets trashed.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So if you bought gold 4 or 5 years ago will you sell it to me at the price you paid for it? The other thing is that people are asking these high prices but I don't know if anyone is selling it for those prices.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is there something for sale here?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boise
We have a worst problem with people putting comments on post that are neg. or have nothing to do with the the WTS,WTT or WTB. Than they turn it into a pissing match. If you don't like the price, have one for sale or trade just move on. It's really easy.

And that is where I'm a little different, although I don't post when I see prices that are too high, I do agree others have the right to post on ads stating the price is to high - it is an open forum.

It is easy enough to re-post the item if your original ad gets trashed.

That's the problem. It's a open forum until someone pisses on your post. If you don't want someone posting neg. crap on your post than don't post it on someone elses.

GA precision all day long
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No it obviously doesn't apply to gold and I don't see gold being sold here on this site. But I do pass along guns and other equipment for what I believe to be fair and not the market price.

And I believe this is a better site due to others posting when seeing an item either being mis-represented or grossly over priced.

Question to you: when a cashier gives you too much change do you return the money?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[quote=Onpoint]We have a worst problem with people putting comments on post that are neg. or have nothing to do with the the WTS,WTT or WTB. Than they turn it into a pissing match. If you don't like the price, have one for sale or trade just move on. It's really easy.

Boise---"And that is where I'm a little different, although I don't post when I see prices that are too high, I do agree others have the right to post on ads stating the price is to high - it is an open forum."

Libtard speak

Ya, that's why I post my stuff for sale here.....to get your
expert opinion on said item. Get a life

Last edited by kroo88; 02/23/13.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No it obviously doesn't apply to gold and I don't see gold being sold here on this site. But I do pass along guns and other equipment for what I believe to be fair and not the market price.

And I believe this is a better site due to others posting when seeing an item either being mis-represented or grossly over priced.

Question to you: when a cashier gives you too much change do you return the money?

The question is!!!!

Do you yell out in the store!!! You stupid idiot!! You gave me back to much money, or do you say!! (PM!!!!) Hey the price you are asking is a little high. And this is why!!! Come on guys just because you are a member does not give you the right to piss on someone post!!!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Maybe this is why I have not sold my guns.
No way will I sell for what I paid for on some of my harder to find guns.

I am one gun away from happy
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
The same fish eggs I toss in the stream sell for hundreds per ounce.
fermented grape juice goes for hundreds per bottle.
value is what a buyer places on an item.
If you want to sell your AR for $700, go ahead. The buyer will probably turn around and sell it for double.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If a seller does not want any comments on price, why do they post on an open forum?
Try armslist for no public dissent.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The question is!!!!

Do you yell out in the store!!! You stupid idiot!! You gave me back to much money, or do you say!! (PM!!!!) Hey the price you are asking is a little high. And this is why!!! Come on guys just because you are a member does not give you the right to piss on someone post!!!

I disagree to a point. You may have the ability or the "right", but it doesn't make it right. I think it comes down to manners. The only thing I'd post on a classified is if the product has been misidentified and the seller is trying to mislead people. I'd still PM them first to let them make it right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Backroads
If a seller does not want any comments on price, why do they post on an open forum?
Try armslist for no public dissent.

How about respecting someone post as you would like your post respected. QUIT WITH THE OPEN FORUM STUFF. If you want to have a open forum everyone should post there phone numbers, address and legal name. Hey while we are at it can I get your soc #. Stop with the foolishness!!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The level of economic ignorance in this country makes it pretty easy to see why we're in the mess we're in as a nation. Sad to see it amongst fellow gun and hunting enthusiasts.

My stuff my price. My choice to sell it, keep it or adjust the price up or down as I see fit.

Your choice to buy it or find another one at a better price if you can.

Pretty simple and this bullish!t notion of "fair" is a tool of division from te left. Fair is determined between willing buyer and willing seller.

RLTW
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Well I saw something for sale that was three times as much as any other for sale. I sent a private message to the seller and said you might want to check your listing ASAP for errors. Before he read my pm his listing was flamed big time. He changed the price but it was to late, he thank me. There's a way to do things to help and a way to hurt folks. My 2 cents

Kevin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by kevin53
Well I saw something for sale that was three times as much as any other for sale. I sent a private message to the seller and said you might want to check your listing ASAP for errors. Before he read my pm his listing was flamed big time. He changed the price but it was to late, he thank me. There's a way to do things to help and a way to hurt folks. My 2 cents

Kevin

IMHO this shows class and is the way I try to conduct myself.

I am one gun away from happy
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Interesting thread!

I look here at the classifieds several times a week. Never once have I thought to go public about a price that was too high.

If the price is too high I move along......does no good to bad mouth the seller about his price.

Most of the time items are priced well here.

You hang here enough and you get a feel for such things!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe the OP could post a video of how he likes to negotiate gasoline prices at the pump. Gouging is only when there is no other option and one is forced to buy.

A. don't buy it.
B. SA Ti takeoffs are only worth $50, I'll take two when you round them up.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Is it me or is it the new members than are griping lately???

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
the price is the price, you don't like it move on.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,232
Posts18,524,802
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.