-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anyone make a full size 22LR or 22Mag single action revolver? I have a Ruger BearCat but the small frame makes it tough for me to shoot. I was wondering if anyone made a full size 22. Something along the same size as a Ruger Blackhawk. I know a lot of companies make a full size 22 auto for training purposes but I've never seen a full size in a revolver.

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Single Six??

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was looking at the new single ten but I wasn't sure if it was much larger than the BearCar.

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Its quite a bit larger than the bearcat. You should go to a shop and handle the single6/10 and a blackhawk side by side and see what you think.

My single six is plenty big for me, but its a lot lighter than a blackhawk. Mine is 30 years old and has the aluminum grip frame. I don't know if they grip frames are still aluminum or are now steel. I would guess its 10-15 ounces lighter than a BH with the same length barrel. I haven't had reason to shop for a new one because the way there built its pretty much a lifetime gun for me.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Freedom Arms Model 83 Rimfire Adjustable Sights
Stainless Steel, Matte Finish, .22 long Rifle Match Chambers.
MODEL 83 (Five Shot Revolvers)
904-3470 .22 Long Rifle with Match Grade Chambers. with 10" barrel, standard rear and front sights, wood grips.
RETAIL $2270.00

just for conversation...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep,

Single Six is what you "need"

If you don't like the weight, you can change out the alumnium gripframe to and all-steel to add weight.

Or, you can buy an all stainless model.

I changed out a Blackhawk aluminum frame to Stainless steel, just for this reason.

Virgil B.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are some K-frame S&W .22s out there.

The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Or you can look for a Great Western .22, made in Los Angeles in the 1950s when Colt decided the SAA was simply passe!. Hard to find these days, but a true SAA-sized .22 RF.

But I think you'll find a 6 1/2" stainless Ruger Single VERY satisfactory! I love my Bearcat, but the SS is a LOT more versatile. (Fairly) cheap plinker with the regular .22 cylinder; serious zapper with the magnum cylinder--what's not to like?

Last edited by Mesa; 02/23/13.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks. I'm going to see if I can find a Single Six locally to do a size comparison with the BearCat.

~George Washington

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 38 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,698
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.