-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seafoam is by far the general consensus of all the Harley Davidson forums I partake of. A car is a car, a tractor a tractor, but a Harley is, well, a Harley, and their owners research the crap out of stuff like this.

- Rogue
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I'd be hard pressed to store gas over a year or close to it.Mostly it's over the winter or over the summer depending on the machine it is in.FWIW, our loacl small engine guy reccomends Stabil.No doubt there are better products on the market.He claims most problemd are from using too much of it as it does not burn well.
I have been using Stabil for at least 20 years with the only problem being a chain saw I forgot about for two years and that took a new carburetor

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Startron and Seafoam here. For lawnmowers, chainsaws, weedeater, blower, tractor, gas or diesel. Not cheap, but they have made life a lot easier for me since my small engine mechanic turned me on to them. When I put things up for the winter I mix a little heavy on the Seafoam and fill the tanks clear up to the top (per my mechanic's instructions). About every two weeks over the winter I go out and start each piece of equipment and let it get good and warm, keeping the tanks topped off. I don't have any problem anymore getting things to start up in the spring.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I've had good luck with the marine stabil in my outboard, chainsaw, weedeater, etc. I know it works because I forgot to put it in a gas hedgetrimmer and it gummed up.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It sure helps to start the stuff every now and then. I start my airboat as often as I can recall which is at least once a month when not using it. Same for the generator.

Do not do the 25 yamaha that often but really should.

Do the 4 wheeler and mule same too.

And when the 200 Johnson is back to running will do that also.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only gas we use on the farm is for a tractor that gets used daily. Last couple Winters we had trouble with the ethanol gas buiding up water/ice in the sediment bowl. Had to empty it once a week or so.

This year I started dumping a little Stabil in the fuel during every fuel up and the problem went away. May dad hasn't had to empty the sediment bowl all Winter.

So it does work for water build up in the chit ethanol gas(which is all we can buy here).

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by walt501
Given the cost of Stabil, I wonder if it would be cheaper to just buy 100% gasoline? It's out there if you look for it.

Edit - Here you go.

Click Here

Walt501 - good point
and thanks for the maps.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would prefer ZERO ethanol over red or blue Stabil...

Dave

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sam - do you guys ever use Heet to ttreat the water condensation?

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by walt501
Given the cost of Stabil, I wonder if it would be cheaper to just buy 100% gasoline? It's out there if you look for it.

Edit - Here you go.

Click Here
there is no real gasoline to be had in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, ElPaso, Amarillo, Brownsville, etc - unreal.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (160user, 222ND, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.