Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 96 of 169 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 168 169
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I just realized I need to do some shooting. Hmmm. Hope the warmup happens quick.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Excellent. Much better hill hiking weather than the 75 degrees we had during some days last year.

You and I will be done with a good eating pig the first morning. I need to Google Monterey strip clubs. Is that bible belt country?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Got a headache trying to cross-reference from 3 pages back, so:

1)Paper Plates (200) (gunner500)
2)Paper towels (20 rolls) (Tex n Cal)
3)Plastic Utensils (200 each, forks and knives) (Tex n Cal)
4)Large Hamburger buns (60) (RISJR)
5)Hot dog buns (60) (RISJR)
6)Iceberg lettuce (10 heads) (roof)
7)Large tomatos (20) (sandcritter)
8)Onions (20lbs.) (Rockchucker)
9)Dill pickles (1 gallon) (sandcritter)
10)Ketchup (2 large bottles) (Steelhead)
11)Mayo(2 large bottles) (Crimson Tide)
12)Prepared Mustard (Two large bottles)
13)Baked Beans (5 32oz cans or equivalent) (Safariman)
14)120 Flour tortillas (JCMCUBIC)
15)Green Bell peppers (15) (JCMCUBIC)
16)Sour Cream (4 16oz) (JCMCUBIC)
17)Picante' Sauce (3 large bottles) (tex n cal)
18)Chips (to go with burgers) (tex n cal)
19)5# All pourpose flour) (tex in cal)
20)Olive Oil (One 32oz bottle) (tex in cal)
21)Salad Dressings (Various) (tex in cal)
22)Shredded Cheddar Cheese (6 lb) (jaydub in WI)
23)5 lbs Elbow maccaroini (R1150R)
24)Potatoes( salt potatoes if possible saves on all the cutting) (Lawdwaz)
25)Butter 3 lbs (Crimson Tide)
26)4 Red Bell Peppers (Lawdwaz)
27)4 8 oz Cream Cheese (Crimson Tide)
28)Half and Half( or milk if not availible)1/2 gallon
29)Shredded Cheese( Kraft Monteray Jack) 1 lg bag (Rockchucker)
30)8 Whole Bulbs garlic (Safariman), (Lawdwaz)
31)5 cans whole kernal corn (Rockchucker)
32)2 lbs Bacon (Rockchucker)
33) Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (3 rolls) (Steelhead)

Will bring the 'maters, pickles, mustard.

Thank you for the update! I was out of pocket last night. I knew you guys would make it happen. I'll have various other stuff too (I won't forget your Mezcal.) like spices and things.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Email about the Campfire Tee's for the Hog Hunt

Hi,

We're writing to let you know there was a delay on your Teespring order and delivery may be delayed by up to 3 days.

We're very sorry about this unavoidable delay and we appreciate your patience, we'll do everything we can to make sure USPS delivers your order as soon as possible!

The items listed below are included in this package:
1 extra large "24 Hour Campfire 2013 Hog Hunt Tee's" Orange Hanes Tagless Tee
1 large "24 Hour Campfire 2013 Hog Hunt Tee's" Orange Hanes Tagless Tee
http://teespring.com/2013campfirehoghunttee

To see full details of this order, including tracking details, please visit

Thanks for using Teespring and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Sincerely,
Teespring Support

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just got the same one....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As did I. My respose to that e-mail was that I was leaving on Sunday so if they were not able to get it to me by Saturday, it might be better to have them ship it to the Lodge. Perhaps we should have ALL of them shipped to the lodge so that it will be more likely to get to each person. They need to know that if they do not get them to use in time, we all want a refund. Loss of cash from the till sometimes speeds up printing presses and shipping departments.

I think a unified response and requirements may be in order here.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't need mine shipped to the lodge, I may not still be able to make it. I just picked up the shirt to try to help meet the minimum. I still plan on trying to make it out for a day to meet up with folks but that could go south yet.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 03/06/13.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Same email here....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just got an update that my shirt has been shipped. I cannot see it takiing so long as to miss my departure time on Sunday Afternoon. IF it does, I will ask my Mother in law - who is pet sitting for us - to forward it to the lodge.

Wifey is now about 90% sure she IS coming. I am very excited about this turn of events!

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Heres my deal,...
Just getting there for one day may be an issue. What would be the best day? I don't want to commit to bring anything that will be depended on in the event that I don't make it.

But if it works out I will not show up empty handed either. Heres my thought, will there be a fire anywhere that I can pull a few coals out of and cook up some baked beans with onions, bbq sauce and brown sugar in my dutch oven just as an extra dish? Or any other suggestions of what to cook in it?

Might even bring some mountain spring water....

Last edited by tndrbstr; 03/06/13.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Best day would be Friday, but all the days seem to turn out pretty well.

And we will have a good sized campfire going, so some coals should not be a problem.

Hope you can make it.

Steve

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good times ahead for all.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I just got the same one....

X2

I was in touch with "Sean" via their online chat.
He said I should have delivery by Sat 3/9 and if I do not have delivery by 3/12 a full refund will be issued.

D
D
I know I am looking forward to it. Like Ken said we will be there midday Thursday so if you need anything just let us know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is what I am bringing to the swap meet, maybe others can post what they are perhaps bringing to part with and what they would like to have in trade besides the obvious cash.

I plan to have on my barter tailgate:

Ruger limited Edition 44 Special Blackhawk built on the smaller 357 frame with Ruger emblem Elk Stag grips. Has had a wonderful action tuning and trigger job done on it

Walther P-1 9mm, which was Walthers post WWll P-38 for commercial and LEO sales. This one has its original issue black holster with mag pouch and the extra issued magazine in that pouch

Ruger Redhhawk 480, customized with MagNA Ports "ALASKAN" do over including cut the barrel to 4.75 inches, cerrakote in green, jeweling and polishing of all interior parts, MAg Na Port and re crown the barrel. Comes with a custom swivel top full coverage flap holster

Savage Model 99 that has been PROFFESINIONALLY restored and upgraded with high grade striped Walnut wood and high gloss deep bluing in 250/3000 with much ammo, brasss, dies etc and a Leopold Gloss 2.5-8x32 scope

Brno ZKW564 turue micro Mauser actioned rifle with nice wood, double set triggers, very accurate in 22 K HOrnet with dies ammo, etc lots of accesories and a Leopold 2-7x28 Gloss scope atop in Burris Gloss medium rings

Quite stunning and beautiful (to me) full custom Mauser 220 Swift with curly Maple stock and Rosewood accesnts, Wundhammer palm swell, cut 20LPI checkering, built on a blueprinted and tuned as well as highly polished and engine turned MAuser action with an aftermarket trigger. Super MAtch grade barrel, 28 inches, 1 in 8 twist.

Much customized Lyman Great Plains Hunter 54 cal Percussion rifle. 1 in 32 twist barrel, Nipple upgraded to use Muket caps and Lymans Globe Front and tang peep rear sights. Includes a cxustom made hide on Elk Hide possibles bag full of cleaning loading gear plus allllof the powder and conicals one would need for several yaears of shooting and hunting. EVERYHTING one could need to shoot clean etc. for a long, long time.

May bring others, but these for sure.

What i need or want is:

Cash so I can afford to shoot a Buffalo on this trip as well as pay bills at home

an older used 4 wheeler of about 350-400cc's and manual shift is fine

Guns that are easy to re sell at an urban gunshow, mostly semi automatic stuff in para-military configurations and calibers. Such as, AR-15's, pistols in 9mm, 40 and 45, 30 carbines, Century clone of HK and other 308 semi automatics etc.

Maybe others can post what they are bringing and what they are looking for or hoping to find!

PUGS I will of course be bringin your 22 Hi Power that you already bought. MARK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW if someone is looking for 416 Taylor dies ive got a RCBS set i can bring with....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm bringing a couple pair of underwear and socks, bino's, rifle/ammo, knife, and an appetite.

Once fired underwear and socks may be made available for trade...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can't strop a blade on 'em, they've still got life, eh J? grin

note to self: bring monkey butt powder for J

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TO THE SHARPS GUYS....

I COULD bring along for trade bait, a 1904 Vickers/Martini 22LR falling block match target tirfle with 29 inch bull barrel and Parker HAle micro adjustable and adjustable diopter rear peep sight. Such might be a nice compliment and practice piece for you who shoot Sharps type big bore rifles, I would think. This old gal will still put them all on one hole at 25 yards with decnet ammo, all day long. Bore and overall condition is excellent. Stock is kinda short for me, but for a stocky build person or a younger shooter would be quite excelelnt. Also for someone shooting with a shooting jacket.

Also might bring to sell a quite attractive true African DGR type rifle for sale. Excellent wood and mechanics on it.

Last edited by safariman; 03/06/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'm bringing a couple pair of underwear and socks, bino's, rifle/ammo, knife, and an appetite.

Once fired underwear and socks may be made available for trade...

Ya prolly want pants, too...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 96 of 169 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 3,242 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.