-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
End result was a trigger with a 2 lb. 2 oz. average trigger pull according to my Lyman digital. There is still a short bit of take up. Turning the screw in any further prevents the trigger from properly functioning. Of the two supplied overtravel screws, I was forced to use the longer one and it is almost too short. I believe I will be applying some thread lock to each. I found the instructions did not cover how to adjust the trigger screws, that seemed a bit odd. It is very handy to have the gun's manual present at all times and the included instructions left a lot to the imagination. I am not sure I could have done this without YOUTUBE, fortunately there are some really good videos. If there were every a project where you could be an octopus, this is the one to pick. I had one last step to complete when the magazine spring got wedged under the sear. Parts shot out everywhere and I was almost back the square one when the spring and ball detent flew out of the safety. For the next half hour I swore enough to make a sailor blush. Glad to have this one done. I'm sure the next time I get to firing line it'll all prove worthwhile.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I had a gunsmith install the Volquartsen kit in a Ruger Mk II about a dozen years ago so I could use the pistol in Bullseye competition. When I stopped by to pick it up a few days later, he told me it was one of the most difficult installations he'd ever seen, and advised me NOT to tell anyone he'd done it for me, as he never wanted to install another!

But once installed the trigger works very, very well indeed. If I hadn't had this kit installed, I doubt I'd still have kept the old Mk II. It makes the Ruger .22 a very, very accurate pistol.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader
...Glad to have this one done. I'm sure the next time I get to firing line it'll all prove worthwhile.

You're gonna love it. I'd do it again on another in a heartbeat. It's worth the torture.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks for the warning. I'll buy Clark's kit.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Today I came to an empty house after work. That rarely happens so I rounded up a few handguns and went to the local indoor gun range. The trigger was even better than I had imagined. Shooting little bitty groups with my Aimpoint was a piece of cake. Too bad it is so incredibly difficult performing the final step of inserting the hammer pin. I also picked up a Volquartsen scope base for my Ruger, I think it looks really sweet if only purchased for cosmetic reasons. Karl Feldcamp returned my now silver TPS rings and TSOB base for my FA 83 so I took a pic of both guns. Too bad I still have those atrociously ugly Pachmayr grips! Micarta grips are coming as soon as I remove the grip frame. Hopefully this weekend.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What needs done to a Ruger? My Mark II slabside and old, old 10" barrel IHMSA gun that I won state with have perfect triggers. I shot 57 out of 60 and got all shoot off chickens at 100 yards with a new gun and no sight settings, my spotter seen misses. First shot at 50, 75 and 100 yards.
The gun is hard to beat and I have shot every .22 pistol ever made.
Just fooling with my slabside at 25 yards and I shot this. I missed the last shot because it was seeing all shots go in a hole that screwed me up.
The .22 drops 53" at 200 yards and I hit a steel chicken every shot with the right aim point.
[Linked Image]
Why would you spend money? My factory trigger is 34 oz.

Last edited by bfrshooter; 03/09/13. Reason: addition
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Agree, out of the box, this trigger is exceptional for factory fodder these days. Mine had more creep and overtravel than I would have liked. To be able to eliminate that and reduce the poundage a bit was worth it. Plus, I just like to tinker with my guns. smile

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What ammo does yours prefer?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Thanks for the warning. I'll buy Clark's kit.

I don't think a different kit is going to make it any easier.....Unless it comes with a third hand.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
What needs done to a Ruger?

Nothing needs done. But the trigger can be improved muchly - and it's pretty inexpensive to do so. Doesn't take a whole lot of talent either. Just patience.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.