Print Thread
Hop To
#7539554 03/12/13
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I thought some here would be interested in a conversation I had yesterday with Manners Stocks. Unfortunately I didn't get the gentleman's name I talked to, and I should have asked later in the conversation but I didn't. The gentleman on the phone was helpful and professional. Here's some info he relayed to me about the Manners EH3 stock--here's the page for the stock I'm talking about:

http://mannersstocks.com/hunting/

He mentioned the EH3 should weigh about 24 - 25 oz finished for a normal repeater. I didn't ask, but I assume that means a 1-inch decel pad. They also offer a 1/2 inch pad. I am going with a single shot, so he mentioned it would weigh a bit more, as they wouldn't inlet the mag cutout area.

He asked me about the ADL style I would be using, and I was confused because I thought there was only one ADL style. Sure, I happen to have a Master's Degree, but that doesn't mean I'm not slow sometimes! Turns out he was asking about the specific ADL trigger guard I was going to use, as Manners would inlet specifically for that trigger guard. I thought that was pretty impressive.

I asked him the difference between the EH2 and EH3 stock heights, and he said the EH2 has a small cutout for your bolt to travel across (at the top of the comb). He mentioned the EH3 was built to be the correct height for a 3-9x40 scope in low rings. Sounds like a winner comb height to me.

I asked him if their stocks had pillars installed, and he said they would ship with pillars, but they wouldn't be installed. He said the smith would trim them to the optimal length for your receiver/setup, and should bed them into the stock. He mentioned the smith could bed the pillars when he beds the action. Alternately, on their website Manners lists an extra charge of $30 if you want them to cut the pillars to length and marine tex them into the stock.

He relayed that Manners lead time is normally 14 - 15 weeks. Sounds just shy of 4 months.

The stock should cost $569, plus shipping. Swivel studs might be an extra $13 installed, but the website doesn't indicate if the stock includes the studs in the $569 price.

I love my McMillans, but I'll probably give Manners a try. I didn't order yesterday, as my first priority is the action.

If anyone gets an EH3 before I do--let us know how it turns out! Thanks gents.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Excellent post, thank you for the info. The EH3 is one that I would really like to try next, I'm a big fan of the McMillan Rem Classic so the EH3 looks like its sort of the same style.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had a EH-2 on order for a month
It was part of Sniper's Hide Group buy and Tom projected a four month wait

Michael Jordan once told me that no one likes name droppers.

I would like to give a shout out to sidewalks for keeping me off the streets
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Highly recommend all Manners stocks.

My SL should be along very soon and thinking a EH2 or 3 is on the horizon.

Tom and Crew are all top hands !

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've an EH3 with mini chassis on order. The mini chassis is currently listed in short action only. My order is for a long action chassis. They are expecting the long action to be delivered from manufacturing any day now.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've got an EH4 w/ mini chassis on order. Curious to see if there is any detectable difference in accuracy between it and a my McMillan Remington Hunter, which was Pillar bedded by one of the best in the business...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
now ya got me looking at a EH3 with mini chasis.... wink

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Curious to see if there is any detectable difference in accuracy between it and a my McMillan Remington Hunter, which was Pillar bedded by one of the best in the business...

John

I am anxiously awaiting your comparison results between a properly bedded setup that is a known shooter dropped into an unbedded chassis. Good stuff!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ctsmith...

I dropped my Rem. 700 .308 into a Manners T5 with a mini chasis. no bedding done...

[Linked Image]

Went up to Montana to meet Scenarshooter mid way for some summer fun.

Here is what it did at 781 yards on steel. It blew the center out of the steel. wink accuracy is no problem ! grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, are you using 155 Scenars in that little rig?

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nice! Can't wait to give it a run. The concept is appealing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tanner... do you really think a match bullet would shoot like that ??? wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.