Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RJM
Everyone has an opinion based on their life experiences...some become "opinionated"...we are all guilty of that to some degree.

I've always found the opinions of both JWP and BFR to be soundly based on their "experience" unlike some posters who just repeat as fact things that they have never experienced.

On the times I have written JWP he has always answered and been helpful including giving me his phone number for a 1/1 conversation. I have no doubt that BFR would do the same...

Bob

Yes, JWP and I would do anything for you or anyone else. I have asked him to work together instead of fighting. We were once friends but long distance. There is no need for dispute.
But to dispute means to also prove what you say.
This is not easy for me but John, prove accuracy for everyone. Then tell how to obtain it so others can do it. But if you repeat me as you have done I will tell. I watch you repeat what I have said about bullets/boolits at another site where I can't post because I bucked the King.
Now tell all that you neck shot animals at 275 yards off hand with factory loads in a revolver and guess what I will call you. How about some 275 yard targets? It must be easy for you.
As good as I make a revolver shoot, I have a limit but you seem to be able to throw boolits into the air and kill anything.
I think your shots are like the picture I showed.
Step to the plate and explain how you get the super accuracy but hide it with ego. You have never in your whole life shot a 1" group at 100 yards let alone neck shot an animal almost 3X that far. If you can't get 1" at 100, you will never hit a neck at long range.
I am a mean, old, rotten SOB and hate a liar more then anything. I ask him to prove he does not lie. Just a few witnessed groups from a reputable place.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know anything about either person involved, but it sounds like a good old shootin' contest to me!

I say do it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why are you so hung up on long range being the test of a good handgunner, when that not what 99% of handgun owners use them for?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call out threads do nothing more than brand the OP as an imbecile.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just taking a guess here, but I think I would blame that darned ol'Elmer. Rest and bless his soul:)

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I am going to ask something that the mods might not like. Forgive me but JWP is always asking for proof and is bashing other posters. I can't agree with that.
I formally challenge JWP to show 50, 100 and 200 yard groups shot with his revolvers with no lies, no 20 yard stuff. No animal kills, just target pictures with a witness or two.
No restrictions, sandbags or off hand, just say how. Any ammo, any caliber from .44 up. Does not need to be paper, water bottles or pop cans are fine.
If I am out of place, please delete with my permission.
I think many would like to see.
Really, who gives 2 [bleep] about your accuracy claims.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
JWP475 has done a lot of LR shooting & not just with pistols.

Amongst a number of posters on here whom I'd trust to cover my back & whom I'd choose to ride the river with, John is one of those people.

I'm thinkin' the OP is challenging the wrong guy........just sayin'.

MM
+1

Last edited by gunchamp; 03/17/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I don't quite know what this will prove. The op/"challenger" is always talking about his long range revolver shooting prowess, so he is setting up a sort of loaded deck. Kind of a rigged game. One Trick Pony, if you will.

Besides I have seen years worth of JWPs hunting photos to form an opinion of his skills. Shooting bears at 200 yards would pretty much defeat the whole purpose and take a lot of fun out of it. 25 yards from a big coastal Brownie sounds a lot more "Western" to me.

If this were truly about all around skills, it would be a something closer to an IPSC match set up, that included a rifle side match.

Shoot ARs not only through the IPSC course but also from 50 to 600 yards.

Pistols plus ARs.

But quite frankly, JWP has nothing to prove to anyone. Not me, not the OP or anyone else.

I have conversed enough with him to know I respect his opinion and experience. I also seek his advise from time to time.

I consider him a Friend I simply have not met yet and the coffee is always on at my house or cabin for him.

MS
Another +1. John is someone who I've spoken to personally and is a down to earth guy. Somebody who I respect and has more experience than I'll ever have.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Why are you so hung up on long range being the test of a good handgunner, when that not what 99% of handgun owners use them for?
Very well said. BFR is the only handgunner I know that brags in every post about how far he can shoot. I always thought that the thrill of handgun hunting was getting close to the game at hand.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Yes, JWP and I would do anything for you or anyone else. I have asked him to work together instead of fighting. We were once friends but long distance. There is no need for dispute.
But to dispute means to also prove what you say.
This is not easy for me but John, prove accuracy for everyone. Then tell how to obtain it so others can do it. But if you repeat me as you have done I will tell. I watch you repeat what I have said about bullets/boolits at another site where I can't post because I bucked the King.
Now tell all that you neck shot animals at 275 yards off hand with factory loads in a revolver and guess what I will call you. How about some 275 yard targets? It must be easy for you.
As good as I make a revolver shoot, I have a limit but you seem to be able to throw boolits into the air and kill anything.
I think your shots are like the picture I showed.
Step to the plate and explain how you get the super accuracy but hide it with ego. You have never in your whole life shot a 1" group at 100 yards let alone neck shot an animal almost 3X that far. If you can't get 1" at 100, you will never hit a neck at long range.
I am a mean, old, rotten SOB and hate a liar more then anything. I ask him to prove he does not lie. Just a few witnessed groups from a reputable place.

Now we see the agenda. You claim to "hate a lair more than anything" yet you are making a claim that is quite simply not true by any stretch of the imagination. You can not provide a link anywhere that I ever claimed to have shot an animal at 275 yards with a revolver. No where because that is a non provable claim by you and only you. No where have I ever posted that I shot an animal at distance standing free hand with out a rest. Just more of your claims that simply are not true.

Yopu constantly make blanket claims in absolutes which are not true. If you would quantify them as "IME" then no one would question. When dealing with different firearms there is always an exception to the rule.

Anyone here doubt that I have a decent knowledge of internal and external, then call Tye Herring in the technical services department at Barnes Bullets and ask him if jwp475 has a clue or not

Since you have called me a liar (which you can not provide proof of) then why would you believe any group that I posted. Under your rules I lose no matter what I post. Except that you made claims that you can not back up with a link to a web site where I said what you claim

I will post this picture that I have posted before, 4 shots 50 yards 2 hits

[Linked Image]

WHile this was only 50 yards the back ground has to be correct or I can't see them and as most know I do not use an optic of any kind on my handguns at this point in my life. That may change in the future or may not

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Y'all quit bein' sticks inna mud.

We got a shootin' contest brewin' here.

Let it happen.

I used to do the IHMSA thing quite a bit back in the late 80's.

At that time, I was burnin' a lotta powder and could hold 2 MOA with a .357 Maximum 10" Thompson Center Contender,..as could many other people who competed at the club I belonged to.

From the Creedmore position, it wasn't unusual for the guys who practiced regularly to go at least 9 for 10 on the Rams at 200 meters.

On a good day, the combined hits would total a 5" group at that distance.

Shoot them big hand rifles until the Zen kicks in, you'll be surprised at what you can do with one of 'em.

I can't do it today, though.

My eyes have goan ta chit and I don't work at it like I did back then.

But there's people out there who can.

Let's have a long range handgun shootin' match!,....C'mon!,..

Let it happen!

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Yes, I shot IHMSA too and won almost every revolver shoot. It is not distance. It is about disputing me with accuracy information. I give all of you all that I learned, nothing hidden. I worked hard but you have all of it. It is for you to try, never my way or the highway. When I find something it is a SUGGESTION ONLY. I never made a single statement EVER that it will work for anyone else.
The shotgun shells shown by JWP made me show him so I set shells on their sides, base to me. I shot 5 in a row at 50 yards with the .500 JRH. I only found 3 in the weeds. The target is only 3/4" at 50 yards.
Understand it is not shooter to shooter, it is making a revolver shoot at ANY range. I ask JWP to tell all of you just how to find accuracy and to stop disputing me if he can't. He has NEVER told you a single suggestion or hint.
I would love to see him clang a steel ram every shot at 500 meters because he knows how to load. Factory loads will not do it.
I will go day to day and forget all old pictures with new ones. Name the distance JWP. Name the targets.
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Take that scope off and do it with open sights like I did. I used white box winchester that I bought at Wally World. No magic and no pixie dust. I would say that is plenty accurate enough.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Deflav is the only mod around these parts...
Isn't that one of those guys who dress all dapper and ride a blinged out Vespa...and get into fights with the Rockers?

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Haha Kevin I think you have Vespa envy!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BFR, did you make those five shots freehand or off a rest?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Haha Kevin I think you have Vespa envy!

Funny but a couple of friends in high school were �mods� just 20 years late and wrong side of the Atlantic. But they dressed funny (in High School, didn�t we all) and rode Vespa�s and Lambretta�s. I rode my buds Vespa a couple of times, and found it to be rather annoying; I�ll take a motorcycle. Nowadays I think the mods have evolved into the Goth crowd, but I don�t know that any of them ride scooters. Round my part of the country, when you see a guy riding a little scooter, that means he lost his driver�s license; usually DWI.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
geez

really

geez

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Shot from sandbags. I shot 1/2" groups with open sights from Creedmore at 50 meters when I could see. I still hit water bottles at 100 yards off hand.
Vision loss hurts.
I have to ask if you can do the same from a rest? The scope is gone for an Ultra Dot for deer.
But understand I post how to load, not factory loads. JWP disputes my loads and my information. But he shoots factory.
Hardly anyone can hit small targets off hand with a revolver at distance, nobody can hold still.
This has never been about how good a person shoots, just how you can make a gun shoot, that is where it is and why I say to JWP, any way you shoot but not a Ransom rest. Prove accuracy with loads you make, any way you shoot.
You only dispute my loads and info so if I shot factory only, where would you be? The only knowledge you have is from my posts and those that know how to load. So many from every site can put you to shame with hand loads. The way I understand what you say is that you do not load, do not understand powders or primers and brass. You can not contribute. You never contribute. You have no idea what a revolver needs, you can't help a single person.
Load your own and show us instead of being a rich blowhard.
See these 5 shots at 100 yards in the top of the can. I had to stand the can back up after every shot and the orientation might be off. See it is less then 1". You should beat that easy but if you ever got less then 10" at 100 yards maybe some would listen to you. From a rest, here are 5 shots at 100 yards at the top of this can. Other holes from a friends rifle. [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Shot from sandbags. I shot 1/2" groups with open sights from Creedmore at 50 meters when I could see. I still hit water bottles at 100 yards off hand.
Vision loss hurts.
I have to ask if you can do the same from a rest? The scope is gone for an Ultra Dot for deer.
But understand I post how to load, not factory loads. JWP disputes my loads and my information. But he shoots factory.
Hardly anyone can hit small targets off hand with a revolver at distance, nobody can hold still.
This has never been about how good a person shoots, just how you can make a gun shoot, that is where it is and why I say to JWP, any way you shoot but not a Ransom rest. Prove accuracy with loads you make, any way you shoot.
You only dispute my loads and info so if I shot factory only, where would you be? The only knowledge you have is from my posts and those that know how to load. So many from every site can put you to shame with hand loads. The way I understand what you say is that you do not load, do not understand powders or primers and brass. You can not contribute. You never contribute. You have no idea what a revolver needs, you can't help a single person.
Load your own and show us instead of being a rich blowhard.
See these 5 shots at 100 yards in the top of the can. I had to stand the can back up after every shot and the orientation might be off. See it is less then 1". You should beat that easy but if you ever got less then 10" at 100 yards maybe some would listen to you. From a rest, here are 5 shots at 100 yards at the top of this can. Other holes from a friends rifle. [Linked Image]

"Yes" would've worked too.

I don't know if I could've made those shots under the same conditions. To be honest, shooting a giant scoped revolver off of sandbags holds zero interest to me, just like what I do with a pistol would probably hold zero interest for you.

As far as the rest of your rambling, incoherent post goes...I don't even know who it was directed at. If you wanna fancy yourself a pistolero, go right ahead.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 160user, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 15,264 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,151
Posts18,542,707
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.