OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
....which isn't say very much. Here is what I took of the Jost & Diehl in Worms

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'll do another thread for the T & S. I don't know if they will all fit in one. Maybe it will take them all. Here's what I have of the T & S.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq41/sharps4070/P10100102_zpsb4572d92.jpg[/img]

Last edited by sharps4590; 03/18/13.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tip--If you only have a point and shoot camera (or cell phone), consider using a darker background to get appropriate exposures. These photos are badly under exposed.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Those were taken with an Olympus D-560 Zoom. And I am certain it is not the camera. Not that it's professional quality, I doubt it is, but the operator would have to stretch to be called a rookie!!!!

Thanks for the hint pal. I can use any and all positive criticism and advice. I understand what you mean. Basically I was taking a picture of the white board with something dark laying on it.

Last edited by sharps4590; 03/18/13.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice rig Vic

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Frank. It's been fun working up loads for them.

NRA Benefactor 2008

IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, you understand that the automatic camera exposure "mechanism" set shutter speed so as to make the overwhelmingly white image neutral. You might save the photos by using the "shadows" slider in Photoshop/Elements.

But try some photos against a very dark background, or using a few clip-on lights to highlight the barrel, especially. I use screw-in daylight florescent bulbs.

[Linked Image]

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I usually go outside for taking pictures of firearms and take the picture in natural light but not direct sunlight. The picture below was taken in the shade and I could have used a reflector to add a little light to the bottom of the gun, but I was in a hurry and didn't. cool I didn't use a flash, but I did use a tripod and set the timer to expose the picture rather than doing it by hand. This way you can move and keep your toes out of the picture too! This will let you see the details of the whole firearm right down to the edges without any, or at least not much glare.
[Linked Image]

Harry
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Harry, how do you know how long to set the exposure timer to? I noticed before how nice that picture is....and how nice the piece is. Those old firearms are just something to behold.

Vic

NRA Benefactor 2008

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The camera automatically sets the exposure. Since it is on a tripod and nobody is touching it, the exposure can be long and the picture is still sharp. If you need to darken the picture a little or lighten it up, that can be done with your computers picture manipulation program, but the problems with unwanted glare and blacked out subjects is pretty much gone.

Harry
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
My computers "picture manipulation program"? You have no idea how far over my head you just went....lol!

NRA Benefactor 2008

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depending on your computer's operating system and installed software, you should be able to do basic photo editing.

As I previously posted, they allow you to increase apparent illumination in shadowed areas, so you can salvage poorly exposed photos that cannot be easily re-shot using the correct shutter speed/aperture combination for lighting conditions.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,931
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.