-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys have fun. Too may regs for me, think I'll stick to clay birds and water jugs a various ranges, fast if I want to, slow if I'd rather...

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
You guys have fun. Too may regs for me, think I'll stick to clay birds and water jugs a various ranges, fast if I want to, slow if I'd rather...

Comfort kills...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Comfort kills...

Travis

As the Lord says...............

MM

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by colodog

You guys are crazy! What about POWDER BURNS!!!

Don't be a girl.

Travis

It does say "Clothing Optional"!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Travis, we've been asked for a rule clarification...

50 yard shots, what shooting positions are allowed?

Standing unsupported only?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Barricades allowed @ the fitty, but no the 25.

I think that's fair.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Comfort kills...

Travis

It's not about regulations. It's about using a measurable standard so that you can identify deficiencies and track your progress.

But that's not for everybody either.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I quit....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
I quit....

If it's the aviators...I know, they're kinda dorky. But you know how Deflave is with his manwood for Shrapnel. I'm gonna get a pair from the gas station. I'll mail mine to ya to use if you don't want to spend money on some.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its not the aviators, its the challenge of doing all of this with a 10.5 barreled 45/70 BFR with a 24x Leupold......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

It's not about regulations. It's about using a measurable standard so that you can identify deficiencies and track your progress.

But that's not for everybody either.

Like I said, you guys have fun. Seriously.

I�ll do the same and measure my ability and progress may own way. Clay birds work for me and I can see hits on them way past where I can see hits on paper. Moreover, when I miss I see dirt fly on the berm. Instant feedback ain�t bad�

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 03/25/13. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HawkI
I quit....

Attaboy!

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Comfort kills...

Travis

Southern??

Agreed.

But there southern er's, so WGAF.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Who even cares what it's about, winning this is like wrestling a girl. If you win, you have only beaten a girl, if you lose, holy crap, you were beaten by a girl...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Observations...

This weekend I put 42 shooters through this couse of fire. Each one was timed but not told what the time limits were...just hit the target as fast as possible. I didn't keep exact records but the following are the approximate percentages/numbers...

1) Only 4-5 shooters made the 1.25 second limit and hit the target. Most shooters took 1.4-1.75 seconds for a successful hit.

2) About 10-12 shooters made the two shots in 1.75 seconds

3) About 14-16 made the 5 shots in 3 seconds

4) Almost 14-16 made the two shots per target in 3.5 seconds...most were in the 4-6 second range

5) Only 3-4 made the time and all the hits with the support hand only

6) No one made the 2-tactical reload-2 in 5 seconds. A few came close (I just realized I misread the instructions. I told them the magazine had to be retained...my mistake. Knowing these shooters I would say only about 5 out of the 40+ can do a 2-speedload-2 and get all their hits at 7 yards)

Long Range 25 yards: NO ONE MISSED a round and all finished under 30 seconds except for two shooters who just shot real slow because they could...and they still finished in 40 seconds)

Long Range 50 yards: As we were shooting indoors and had a 25 yard limit a standard piece of typing paper was used, this is less than 1/2 the size of the standard target at 1/2 the distance. 30+ of the shooters made all their hits. Only 2 shooters had 3 hits. The rest had 4-5 hits.

Didn't have the hostage target at the time. My guess would be that 7-10 could make the shot in the time.

I didn't get to shoot the course of fire as I was running the program....I am also beat by the end of the weekend, 11-9-7 hour days on the concrete will do that. Will try and run it next time I shoot with a partner.

Observations:

A standard piece of 8.5x11 sheet of paper would have been simpler and more realistic.

The 25 and 50 targets are WAY too big and times WAY too generous. A more realistic target could have been two pieces of paper forming a 8.5x22" target. Times cut to 20 seconds for 25 yards and 30 for 50 yards. (our shooters have to pass a test of 5 rounds from the holster at 25 yards in 12 seconds to get into the group)

Fun test...Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
For whatever reason I think the five in 3 seconds is pretty tough. I'm surprised that many did it.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a friend working with me recently on tempo. I've gotten much faster by working on a steady cadence of fire, and speeding up the cadence, than by just shooting "real fast". My fast shooting has gotten much more accurate doing it this way.

It really only matters when you get past about three shots though.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nice to see you using the course RJM!

I stole a lot of it from Paul Howe and adjusted the times for us mortals. I can pass his standards, but you've got to be on top of your game to do it. It's definitely not something I always KNOW I can do on demand.

I believe his reasoning for a skinnier A Zone is to represent the side view of a bad guy (bad guy turned 90* to you).

Are you in LE or private instruction?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For whatever reason I think the five in 3 seconds is pretty tough. I'm surprised that many did it.

Travis

I dunno, I think the 4 shots in 5 seconds with a mag reload (#6) may be the hardest to do in the time.........even with an OS mag release, shooting one handed & with the 2nd mag held ready, that is tough.

If you are shooting something like a Glock or M& P with a standard mag release, that could be really tough.

JMHO

MM

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was LE for 30 years...now teach NRA courses and this group are all members from one of the clubs I belong to....about 80 in this group... There were 6 more in a new shooters session but they didn't shoot this...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.