Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 (YFM-400), 4x4, 5 speed manual, auto clutch, reverse and a *low* first gear, it tops out at 52-54 by GPS on the stock 25x10x12 and 25x8x12 tires. It is full-time 4x4 and does not have an hour meter, odometer or speedometer. It does have a push button start and a back-up pull start that works well. I know this because ATV batteries seems to implode about every 18 months.

It has a four year old Bear Claw winch from Gander Mountain but needs a cable, and aftermarket fog lights.

I am the second owner after buying it from my buddy in 2003, it was in the garage until 2006 and under a canopy until now. I have ridden it mostly around the yard and neighborhood, using it to pull the jon boat out of the water and towing the core aerator around the house. It has been in the mud once or twice, never over the axles, in snow a half dozen times at Christmas in KS and never under water.

The plastic is faded but in good shape, the engine is oxidized but it runs good. I adjusted the valves before Christmas last year and pulled the tank (plastic) and cleaned it, repaired the gas gauge and replaced the petcock.

I rebuilt the stock Mikuni until it finally failed, bought at least three used Mikuni's off Ebay over the years (most arrived with a jet frozen in place) and rebuilt those and finally said to hell with it. I bought a Chinese clone carb off Ebay. I will install a new battery, the current battery is at least four years old and not holding a charge.

It does not need anything except somebody to put it to work.

I would keep it even though I don't use it much but I have crap load of medical bills rolling in and something has to go...so NO TRADES unless it's cash.

2,100.00 OBO <<<< as long as it's cash!

2009 photo, current photos will be posted tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Dave

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Dave,

Mark, Safariman, was looking for a fourwheeler and this matches his wants pretty close. Try sending him a PM.

Matt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave and Matt,

I would love to have this unit, as it is exactly what I need BUT, my cash is all tied up in guns, many of which are for sale this weekend at a gun show in Spokane. If this is still available on Monday and I sell enough stuff maybe we can work out a deal.

MARK

PS There would be some VERY nice guns in the pile if a trade was possible, but I undestand the posters situation all too well. MC

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Unlike knucklehead joe's atv, this one really exists.

If the medical bills had not occurred, my plan was to take it down to the frame, powder coat it, clean up the engine and wrap the plastic in camo vinyl wrap knowing that it will run another 10-15 years with only normal maintenance.

Updated photos:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please let me know if a nice pre 64 Model 70 in 220 Swift plus another gun or two would git it done for this unit!

PM appreciated and replied to.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
More PM's answered.

Dave

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
^^^

Dave

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have the same machine in the same color. It's been a good one and stout as heck in 1st gear. Pulled a 30hp kabota over a river levee once after the clutch went out, then went back and drug the bush hog out as well.

Good luck with the sell.

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It does pull well in first, that is for sure.

[Linked Image]

2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 (YFM-400), 4x4, 5 speed manual, auto clutch, reverse and a *low* first gear, it tops out at 52-54 by GPS on the stock 25x10x12 and 25x8x12 tires. It is full-time 4x4 and does not have an hour meter, odometer or speedometer. It does have a push button start and a back-up pull start that works well. I know this because ATV batteries seems to implode about every 18 months.

It has a four year old Bear Claw winch from Gander Mountain but needs a cable, and aftermarket fog lights.

I am the second owner after buying it from my buddy in 2003, it was in the garage until 2006 and under a canopy until now. I have ridden it mostly around the yard and neighborhood, using it to pull the jon boat out of the water and towing the core aerator around the house. It has been in the mud once or twice, never over the axles, in snow a half dozen times at Christmas in KS and never under water.

The plastic is faded but in good shape, the engine is oxidized but it runs good. I adjusted the valves before Christmas last year and pulled the tank (plastic) and cleaned it, repaired the gas gauge and replaced the petcock.

I rebuilt the stock Mikuni until it finally failed, bought at least three used Mikuni's off Ebay over the years (most arrived with a jet frozen in place) and rebuilt those and finally said to hell with it. I bought a Chinese clone carb off Ebay. I will install a new battery, the current battery is at least four years old and not holding a charge.

It does not need anything except somebody to put it to work.

I would keep it even though I don't use it much but I have crap load of medical bills rolling in and something has to go...so NO TRADES unless it's cash.

2,100.00 OBO <<<< as long as it's cash!

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I sell a couple of high end guns via currrently running ads and/or at this weekends gun show, this one very well could find a new home in Walla Walla WA......

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 338reddog, 39 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.