Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,462 of 2,579 1 2 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 2578 2579
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
BD,

Do you do much fishing down there in FL?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hey, fella down the street hired someone to take out the trash.

[Linked Image]

I need a business card.......

BD

Hmmm,

Ron White was wrong...

You CAN fix stupid...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm counting at least 2 DOA's.. not a fun vid.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

years ago when I used to surf, there was a particular board wax called "Mr. Zog's Sex Wax" IIRC..

[Linked Image]

yeah, I do remember.

Anyway back then it just came wrapped in plastic. On the back of the label would always be a ditty or witty saying. One I kept for years had the following inscription............

Your women should be like the sun.
Cooking in the morning,
And going down at night!!!!

Thanks for that pix. Brought back fond memories of my well-spent youth.

Best

GWB

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
BD,

Do you do much fishing down there in FL?

Travis

Not too much in recent years but was a frequent offender in the past. Area where I live is plumb stuffed with fish, weighted heavily toward the saltwater side. Had 3 boats until around 2008 and moved them down the creek. Have access to several others so there was no point in keeping them.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure I appreciate that. FM.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

years ago when I used to surf, there was a particular board wax called "Mr. Zog's Sex Wax" IIRC..

[Linked Image]

yeah, I do remember.

Anyway back then it just came wrapped in plastic. On the back of the label would always be a ditty or witty saying. One I kept for years had the following inscription............

Your women should be like the sun.
Cooking in the morning,
And going down at night!!!!

Thanks for that pix. Brought back fond memories of my well-spent youth.

Best

GWB

[Linked Image]

Do you shoot the curl or what?

I am..........disturbed.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
61'st and Seawall has no waves but Mr. Zog's sold well in the late 70's, early 80's.

9x25 pulled this up...

[Linked Image]

Dave

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RDW
61'st and Seawall has no waves but Mr. Zog's sold well in the late 70's, early 80's.

Before that. My last hurrah was 1975. I'm thinking between 71 and 75.

And you are right about Galveston. That's why I spent a lot of time in Port Isabel, Mexico and some in California.

Best

GWB

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Grand Poobah did you hit the dime this time? grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
nope!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RDW

9x25 pulled this up...

[Linked Image]

That pix of the young lady with the tricked Glock reminds me of my decision to get a 10MM Glock.

The story goes something like this........

I had the opportunity to take several guys and their sons to my lease in the Texas hill country a while back. Between Friday morning and Sunday evening we shot 13 hogs three of which were over 250 pounds. Friday morning between 7:30 and 8:30 we took 5 hogs. First was taken by a sixteen year old who made his first bow kill. Next, one of the men shot 3 hogs during a 30 minute period. Finally a 12 year old made a 120 yd shot on a boar we later weighed in at approx 270 pounds. This was his first rifle kill. Needless to say the dads were ecstatic. I was sitting in my truck next to the stand the 12 year old was in, when the hogs came to the corn. He took aim and shot the hog behind the shoulder with a 243 using 100 grainers. The hog ran into the woods. I told them we ought to wait at least 30 minutes before tracking. After we waited for the hog to expire, the boy climbed down out of the stand. His dad remained. I told him to follow me and we would see if we could find a blood trail. We did. I started showing him how to track looking for blood and hoof marks. We followed the blood trail and tracks for about 70 yds. into a super thick stand of Juniper. At that time I always carried a Glock 36 in 45 acp loaded with 230 gr. jhp's with me, but I guess I got careless, as I had it in a fanny pack rather than in my hand. We were tracking along when the hog charged us from under a Juniper bush about five feet from where we were standing. The boy screamed when he saw the hog. I pushed him out of the way and the dammed pig ran right between my legs. When this happened he brushed against me and I lost my balance, did a shoulder roll and came up with my pistol. Lucky for me he decided not to turn around and tear me a new one. Once he calmed down a little bit, the kid said he was too scared to go after the pig. I told him that I would go on and see if I couldn’t find him again and put him down. I followed blood sign for about another 20 yds. when I saw the hog laying against a fallen oak. I yelled at the kid, “here he is�. When I did this, the hog got up and charged again. This time I was about 10 feet away when he began his charge. I had my pistol out this time. I put six shots from my Glock into him and he dropped about 2 feet from me. Talk about getting your adrenalin pumping. I started whooping and hollering as an adrenalin release. We carry radios and the boy's dad called and asked what I was hollering about. I told him what I just described here about the hog charging the first time and running between my legs, and about the second charge and subsequent downing of the beast. His retort was to say, GW, I saw how big that hog was, and I know how short you are, do you still have your nuts. I replied, when you get as scared as I was your scrotum tends to suck up all the way to your stomach, and yes, my family jewels were intact. Right then and there I decided, no more Mr. Nice guy... 10mm, 15 rounds........
Do need to invest in a 6" KKM barrel.

[Linked Image]

Figure I'll chrono some loads to check velocity vs. accuracy in 155, 180 and 200 grainers. Plan on staggering hardball and JHP's in 200 gr. for hoglets.

The first two pictures that follow are of the biggest hog shot. He was 300 + pounds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proud dads and their sons.

[Linked Image]

Reed, with his first hog that I ended up having to put down with a pistol

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03111.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03129.jpg[/img]

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/04/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I walked the NRA show today. I laughed my butt off, seeing this today:

[Linked Image]

yes, that's a VW bus with a Dillon minigun grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Them's dog killer's
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by RDW

9x25 pulled this up...

[Linked Image]

That pix of the young lady with the tricked Glock reminds me of my decision to get a 10MM Glock.

The story goes something like this........

I had the opportunity to take several guys and their sons to my lease in the Texas hill country a while back. Between Friday morning and Sunday evening we shot 13 hogs three of which were over 250 pounds. Friday morning between 7:30 and 8:30 we took 5 hogs. First was taken by a sixteen year old who made his first bow kill. Next, one of the men shot 3 hogs during a 30 minute period. Finally a 12 year old made a 120 yd shot on a boar we later weighed in at approx 270 pounds. This was his first rifle kill. Needless to say the dads were ecstatic. I was sitting in my truck next to the stand the 12 year old was in, when the hogs came to the corn. He took aim and shot the hog behind the shoulder with a 243 using 100 grainers. The hog ran into the woods. I told them we ought to wait at least 30 minutes before tracking. After we waited for the hog to expire, the boy climbed down out of the stand. His dad remained. I told him to follow me and we would see if we could find a blood trail. We did. I started showing him how to track looking for blood and hoof marks. We followed the blood trail and tracks for about 70 yds. into a super thick stand of Juniper. At that time I always carried a Glock 36 in 45 acp loaded with 230 gr. jhp's with me, but I guess I got careless, as I had it in a fanny pack rather than in my hand. We were tracking along when the hog charged us from under a Juniper bush about five feet from where we were standing. The boy screamed when he saw the hog. I pushed him out of the way and the dammed pig ran right between my legs. When this happened he brushed against me and I lost my balance, did a shoulder roll and came up with my pistol. Lucky for me he decided not to turn around and tear me a new one. Once he calmed down a little bit, the kid said he was too scared to go after the pig. I told him that I would go on and see if I couldn�€™t find him again and put him down. I followed blood sign for about another 20 yds. when I saw the hog laying against a fallen oak. I yelled at the kid, �€œhere he is�€. When I did this, the hog got up and charged again. This time I was about 10 feet away when he began his charge. I had my pistol out this time. I put six shots from my Glock into him and he dropped about 2 feet from me. Talk about getting your adrenalin pumping. I started whooping and hollering as an adrenalin release. We carry radios and the boy's dad called and asked what I was hollering about. I told him what I just described here about the hog charging the first time and running between my legs, and about the second charge and subsequent downing of the beast. His retort was to say, GW, I saw how big that hog was, and I know how short you are, do you still have your nuts. I replied, when you get as scared as I was your scrotum tends to suck up all the way to your stomach, and yes, my family jewels were intact. Right then and there I decided, no more Mr. Nice guy... 10mm, 15 rounds........
Do need to invest in a 6" KKM barrel.

[Linked Image]

Figure I'll chrono some loads to check velocity vs. accuracy in 155, 180 and 200 grainers. Plan on staggering hardball and JHP's in 200 gr. for hoglets.

The first two pictures that follow are of the biggest hog shot. He was 300 + pounds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proud dads and their sons.

[Linked Image]

Reed, with his first hog that I ended up having to put down with a pistol

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03111.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03129.jpg[/img]

GWB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I walked the NRA show today. I laughed my butt off, seeing this today:

[Linked Image]

yes, that's a VW bus with a Dillon minigun grin

Dat's just plain stupid.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GWB, that's a fair story about chargin' pork and gettin' goosed by a boar.

Have been lucky to date, having not given any a second chance. Maybe the gun I use these days that keeps me honest. Has to be right the first time.

The white hunter theory don't work for me so far as crawlin' into the bush lookin' for wounded game. I will back you up with a load of buckshot though.

Hang Ten!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Grand Ingwe Poobah the 7x57 worked on a Jackrabbit. This is the entrance.
[Linked Image]

WARNING GRAPHIC!! This is the exit.WARNING GRAPHIC!!
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow....

ROTFL

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They work on jackals too.... grin 175 NPTs....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In a customary manner black africans pick a trait, and often name one accordingly...they called me " Jackal Tom".... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1,462 of 2,579 1 2 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (257 mag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 300jimmy, 30 invisible), 1,964 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,451
Posts18,528,894
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.