Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
People are crazy. It was worse than Black Friday after Thanksgiving.200 + people at the door 1/2 hour before it opened.

Once inside there were lines at any table selling powder. One table had quite a bit of everything at $35 a pound. In told the guy I didn't need it that bad.22lr was selling at $90 a brick and people could not get their money out fast enough.

Handgun tables were 2-3 deep and they were filling out forms as fast as they could. It would have been tough to even by one. I don't know what the NCIS check wait was.

I was perusing some old stuff on one table and the guy had about 6-8 cans of older powder. None opened ,still sealed. I picked up two ,one pound cans of the old Hercules 2400 powder.

I traded 2 bricks of CCI magnum small pistol primers for them .So the only cash out of pocket was $8 to get in. I still have 5000 of those primers and 7000 of standard small pistol CCI primers.
I checked the 2440 when I got home and had to cut the seal to open it.It is good. So now I have enough powder, bullets, primers and brass to last me the rest of my life.

Still need some 22 rim fire for some handgun classes for a few ladies that want to get CCW permits, but that can wait.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I've got enough RF ammo to last me a few years. I've been buying a brick every time I go to town for groceries (every couple weeks) for a while -- not hoarding -- just maintaining my inventory. Same as powder and primers. I buy 1000 primers most every time I am in a gun shop - which isn't often enough.

Pays to stay supplied.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore
People are crazy. It was worse than Black Friday after Thanksgiving.200 + people at the door 1/2 hour before it opened.

Once inside there were lines at any table selling powder. One table had quite a bit of everything at $35 a pound. In told the guy I didn't need it that bad.22lr was selling at $90 a brick and people could not get their money out fast enough.

Handgun tables were 2-3 deep and they were filling out forms as fast as they could. It would have been tough to even by one. I don't know what the NCIS check wait was.

I was perusing some old stuff on one table and the guy had about 6-8 cans of older powder. None opened ,still sealed. I picked up two ,one pound cans of the old Hercules 2400 powder.

I traded 2 bricks of CCI magnum small pistol primers for them .So the only cash out of pocket was $8 to get in. I still have 5000 of those primers and 7000 of standard small pistol CCI primers.
I checked the 2440 when I got home and had to cut the seal to open it.It is good. So now I have enough powder, bullets, primers and brass to last me the rest of my life.

Still need some 22 rim fire for some handgun classes for a few ladies that want to get CCW permits, but that can wait.

visit the midwayusa.com website..create an account...find the 22 LR ammo you want and ask to be notified when in stock...worked for me.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Last weekends show in Ventura CA was crazy, people lined up at 6 AM for a 9 AM show! Their are two different promoters running shows here and this weeks was Crossroads of the West by far the better run business than the other "unnamed" outfit.

Ticket booths were opened an hour early so by the time doors opened (on time I will add) most had their ticket in hand, by that time there were several thousand folks lined up over an half mile..it took several shots with my phone camera to capture the hold line.

22 bricks were $65 to $99 depending on who had them...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hard to see but the line ends at the far right building in the distance

Ted
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SS multiply everything you wrote up times 10 and you have the quarterly northern virginia national show.

It's like lunch at the ant farm on steroids. :-)

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The last one I went to in Austin, they opened up parking areas I've never seen before. 45 min. wait to get in. When I left, with 2 hours left before closing, the line looked the same.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Saddlesore: People were having fun at the gunshow I attended today here in Montana!
I bought a carton (1,000 rounds) of Hornady 17 Mach2 17 grain V-Max ammo for $74.00, an Ambassadeur High-Speed retrieve level wind reel for $5.00, a heavy Starret machinists rule N.I.B. for $5.00 and a pistol rug for $2.00.
I had fun and saw no crazies - unless you count the folks there with tables trying to sell 22 L.R. ammo for anywhere from $75.00 to $90.00 per brick?
I also sold some old factory ammo I have no use for including some 38 Super, 22 Hornet and 30/30 Winchester.
The reloading powder I saw there was averaging $40.00 per pound asking price but it was NOT selling nor was the 22 ammo.
I bid on a few items (guns and scopes) but early Saturday morning is sometimes tough to drag a bargain off a table.
May go back tomorrow if its still raining.
I get in for free but the regular admission folks paid $5.00 each and there were a lot of them!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I've got enough RF ammo to last me a few years. I've been buying a brick every time I go to town for groceries (every couple weeks) for a while -- not hoarding -- just maintaining my inventory. Same as powder and primers. I buy 1000 primers most every time I am in a gun shop - which isn't often enough.

Pays to stay supplied.

+1

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I will be 68 years old next week with over 50 years of that dedicated to shooting sports, including professionally, and I have never been to a gun show. I have been to a rock and gem show, antique machinery show, movie show, horse and flower show (la de da high society stuff), helped out with a Lipizzan show company and seen several Lipizzan shows in three states, seen the Buddy Hackett, and Liberace shows at Harrah's, even Frank Sinatra and Willy Nelson, several air shows in three states, even two rail fairs, but never a gun show. It isn't even on my bucket list. Should I seek professional counseling, or just go stir fry some Kung Pao Chicken with peanuts and chilies, and call it a day?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Frankly, gun shows are way overated. Seen one, you've seen em all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by the_shootist

Pays to stay supplied.

+1

Yup. grin

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You're good. Someday though, it might be fun for you to go see what they offer. I enjoy going to them, but lots of times I don't buy anything.
It's buying a really neat little Marlin 1894 carbine in 357mag for lots less than the going rate, or finding three boxes of factory 270 Wby ammo for a buddy at $30/box that makes them fun.
I haven't been to one in a while, and I'll probably not go for a while, so as to give the idiots a chance to blow their money on overpriced stuff for a while. I don't do crowds or lines very well.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The shows sure are not like they used to be! I used to hit most of them, but only now and then anymore. back in the day $50.00, you get get a bunch of ammo, now that wont get a brick of 22s. I buy more stuff off here, and sell too!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
..... but never a gun show. It isn't even on my bucket list. Should I seek professional counseling, .....
For what??? Yer perfekly sane, IYAM.. laugh

I don't go to 'em any more.. Waste of time and $5 entry fee.. I can have better entertainment for FREE by setting up a chair at a large boat landing ramp....

Hehehehee..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Frankly, gun shows are way overated. Seen one, you've seen em all.

Kind of my experience as well.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1234, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.