Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I saw one of these NRA Pennsylvania license plates on a pick-up yesterday, and it got me thinking about getting one. Personally, I have never placed bumper stickers, logos, decals, vanity plates, etc., on any of my vehicles, but this one might be worth doing.

What do you think?

[Linked Image]

Here is a link to PennDOT's website with the plate for anyone else in PA who might be interested:

PennDOT Special Organization Plates

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THAT, is very cool! Good on PA for having such a thing available!

I doubt if my home State of WA would ever offer such, but if they did I would jump right on it.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
That plate will make your vehicle a target for many liberal Nazis. I might be wrong, but I would expect vandalism. I would not get one if my vehicle was going to be unattended around any mall or shopping center.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not unless your going to use your car as bait. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Possibly a target for those hoping to score a firearm too. It might also warrant additional scrutiny when crossing the Canadian border.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
That plate will make your vehicle a target for many liberal Nazis. I might be wrong, but I would expect vandalism. I would not get one if my vehicle was going to be unattended around any mall or shopping center.

That is one of my main concerns, especially because my wife and children sometimes use my vehicle without me being there. I wouldn't want them to be put in a position where they are dealing with fallout resulting from me expressing my views. I would be much more likely to get the plate if nobody else used my car.

Believe it or not, there are not very many "liberal Nazis" in my neck of the woods....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
I saw one of these NRA Pennsylvania license plates on a pick-up yesterday, and it got me thinking about getting one. Personally, I have never placed bumper stickers, logos, decals, vanity plates, etc., on any of my vehicles, but this one might be worth doing.

What do you think?

[Linked Image]

Here is a link to PennDOT's website with the plate for anyone else in PA who might be interested:

PennDOT Special Organization Plates

Had one of those .... I'M THE NRA AND I VOTE ... bumper stickers
on my pickup truck for 15+ years and never had a problem.
In fact, people seem to get out of my way.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Depends on where you live. If you are behind enemy lines, that plate will get your truck keyed - at a minimum.

- Rogue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had a "NRA LIFE MEMBER" sticker in the back window of all my vehicles for probably as long as they have made the stickers. Never a problem, sometimes people smile and wave as they pass me and show me the same sticker in the back of their vehicle window.

Good for Pennsylvania for doing this . Hope other states follow.

Last edited by jnyork; 06/12/13.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
To eech his own on the plate itself; I wouldn't get one here because they charge around $25 or $30 per year to retain it, as I understand it. That alone is why I never got one of any sort.
What I did was get some license plate brackets that have NRA (membership type) MEMBER on them. They're a one-time expense and alot cheaper.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 06/12/13.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don't have an NRA plate, but have one with a pic of a deer and it says "Hunt Texas". Have never had a problem at home, but I had the plates (front and rear) defaced and car scratched up while in Santa Fe. Fuggers...

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
To eech his own on the plate itself; I wouldn't get one here because they charge around $25 or $30 per year to retain it....
Same here, but IIRC the charge is about $15.. But since this state charges me $215 yearly for my truck plate I'll be damned if I'll give 'em another $15.. Screw that..

I just obtained one of these:

[Linked Image]

I don't get no hassle... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gun thieves prey on vehicles with those kind of ornaments.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
ummm yeah

don't go to Myrtle Beach during Black Bikera Week with a Sons of Confederate Veterans plate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cool but....NO Good way to be targeted by criminals and others who don't like freedom.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hell yes, I'll tag my p/u in Jan 2014, will be checking with the tag lady for availability.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The tag has one draw back if you travel to other states hunting , you better take all your firearms in the Motel Room with you , which you should do anyway, because you just highlighted your vehicle for a break in from gun thief's who troll the local Motel were Hunters stop to rest on the long drives

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We have lots of great plates in VA. I've had the NRA plate and (edit: currently have) the 'Don't Tread On Me' plate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by prm; 06/12/13.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That'll work right there PRM.

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll get one. I have a life member sticker in the back window, and a "I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money and you can keep the change sticker", and haven't had an issue, even in Philafriggindelphia.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.