Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I think trying to analyze the what, where or why of a tattoo is not anybody's business. And no, I do not have one or care why others do or don't.

If it's flaunted in public (and those that I see ARE!), then being intrigued by it is my right.

So also is having an opinion about it my right.

Being curious about it doesn't automatically mean judging it.

Anyone who's flaunting a tat in public must be ready to bear disapproval as well as approval.

Being open-minded doesn't require having a hole in your head.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I judge beer guts and fat asses long before I do tattoos.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tyson's tat is restrained, graceful, not at all offensive, on a face that can stand some improvement (like mine or 'most anybody's).

Doesn't bother me, but I still wonder why.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
think the wife and I are finally going to get tattoos,

not going to try and keep up with our daughter, who sports more ink than I'd like although all the stuff she has, has been professionally done.

we're just going to have wedding bands tattooed upon our ring fingers

haven't worn a ring since I dang near lost my finger from my wedding ring within 6 mos of putting it on, it's all bent up anyway.

she was talking bout getting the infinity symbol and something else, don't remember what

mine's just going to be an inscription that encircles my finger, something romantic like

"got a hottie pregnant and now she's turned into this ball and chain"

yeah I know I'm a poet and a romantic at heart!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I have my blood type on my left forearm, .

This is the first real good reason I've read for a tattoo....there may be others as well.

Not really, O neg covers most anyway...and besides, the left arm is probably the bit they won't find as that is the way the world works.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tattoos are just markings...like a book, which gives the reader an opportunity for interpretation. The only fast rule is that a tat, which was done voluntarily, is an effort to tell people somebody something important. The message received is often not that which is intended.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a guy in Hong Kong in the 'fifties who's specialty was a tattoo of two pigs screwing, with "True Love" inscribed under the picture.

Then, later on, a customer could go back, and - for three times the money - he would turn the pigs screwing into a rose.

So..... if you see an old guy with a rose and "True Love" under it........... look closer. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have my blood type and another tattoo on my left forearm, and I feel quite comfortable with that.
If someone else wants to get a tattoo/s then I believe it is none of my business as to their motivation.

Blood type � now, that's a down-right practical use that I hadn't thought of, especially for people with certain occupations!

My buddy's wife has pale lips and no eyebrows except those that she had a tattooer improve and provide. Now those are practical! If I hadn't been told, I'd've never noticed!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
I've read that Hitler was fond of tattoos, well, for Jews that is.

I read that he also had lamp shades made from tattooed skin.

I have a few myself. A couple I regret, a couple I don't.
I can tell you for sure though that the ones I regret were alcohol related.

That could easily be misunderstood. wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I have my blood type and another tattoo on my left forearm, and I feel quite comfortable with that.
If someone else wants to get a tattoo/s then I believe it is none of my business as to their motivation.

Blood type � now, that's a down-right practical use that I hadn't thought of, especially for people with certain occupations!

My buddy's wife has pale lips and no eyebrows except those that she had a tattooer improve and provide. Now those are practical! If I hadn't been told, I'd've never noticed!

Not sure I get how pale lips and eyebrow enhancement is any different than a tat. Both give you something that God did not provide.

Not that I mind tats actually. But seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

I"m just glad my wife is as intended mostly... doesn't use much makeup, maybe a bit of face powder and thats it. No eye stuff, no lipstick and so on. Just almost as issued so to speka.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have no problems with tats. If they are reasonable, and have significant meaning for the owner. I have ann ex BIL who survived 2 trips to the middle east. He had the USMC symbol tattooed on his upper arm. HE EARNED the right IMHO. My son and his wife had he GPS coordinates of the church they were married in tattoed on them on the 1st anniversary. Would have been OK if she hadn't walked out on him 6 months later.

What I don't understand is the "artwork". Most of it has no meaning, it is just an attempt at art and usually looks like crap. Both of my kids, 28, and 24 have several. I had no problems with the 1st, or even the 2nd, but it seems to be addictive. They both can't seem to stop.

[Linked Image]

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I Have a "death" tribal that covers from my the point of my upper arm down to my "t-shirt" line. It represents my Father, my 2 grandfathers and one grandmothers deaths as they are all intertwined with each other, then there are 2 single "wing lines" that are friends I lost both of whom were lost in combat.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have no issue with tattoo's or people with them. It may be the fact that I have a few. the ones that I get the most comments on are my calves, which have my son's name and birthdate surrounding their footprints off their birth certificates. Took a hell of an artist to make them look so good. Next up is a sleeve on my right arm for the 8 brothers in arms that I lost in Iraq. I get them for me, not for anyone else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
I've read that Hitler was fond of tattoos, well, for Jews that is.

I read that he also had lamp shades made from tattooed skin.

I have a few myself. A couple I regret, a couple I don't.
I can tell you for sure though that the ones I regret were alcohol related.

That could easily be misunderstood. wink

LOL
Yea,,,, I guess I should have said,
I have a few "tattoos" myself etc etc.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Babe had a portrait of John Lennon tattooed on the inside of one upper thigh, and a portrait of Marty Robbins on the inside of the other upper thigh.

From her angle, she couldn't tell how realistic they looked, so she asked a drunk, who was waiting to be tattooed, to critique 'em for her.

"I can't tell (hic!) who that guy's s'posed t'be, 'n'I (hic!) can't tell who that guy's s'posed t'be. But that guy in the middle is def'nitely Willie Nelson!

"Good enough" isn't.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
I have never met a person with tattoos who did not wish, later in life sometimes much later, that they did not have them. I suppose there are some I just never have met them.

+1

This is one of the very few mistakes I didn't make when I was "young, dumb, and full of cum" as an old man once called me.

I don't think badly of people who have tattoos, and consider it their business not mine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing looks classier on a 65 year old woman than a saggy lower back tatoo. I am sure it seemed like a good idea at the time though.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Tattoos are simply a permanent remider of a temporary time in your life.
Pithy and very true.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had a problem with the guy with a tattoo on his arm, or the girl with a little butterfly somewhere. However, the new fashion is to have large and numerous tattoos to which I have a visceral negative reaction that I don�t understand. It is a blind, mindless reaction that comes from some primeval part of me that says the person is sub-human. I suspect this reaction is similar to the way bigots react to people of color, homophobes react to gays, ets.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Tyson's tat is restrained, graceful, not at all offensive, on a face that can stand some improvement (like mine or 'most anybody's).

Doesn't bother me, but I still wonder why.

Because he's a bonafide stupidazzz.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,628
Posts18,474,244
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.