-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have "Eat at Joe's" tattooed on my pecker.

Girls always laugh at it until they see that it really reads "Eat at Joe's Restaurant and Lounge, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dinner Specials Nightly".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jim,

Was that lateral or circumferential? grin

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lateral, 36 point font. laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
If someone else wants to get a tattoo/s then I believe it is none of my business as to their motivation.

Amen !

I have three tattoos, a small pink rosebud on my upper right arm, on the left side I have three intials and a number significant to someone very dear to me, and on my left wrist in the form of a bracelet is written in Baroque Script "By the Grace of God" a reminder of the only reason and way I have survived the life I have lived. These tattoos mean something to me, they mean nothing to anyone else, and they were never meant to.

I spend no time telling others' what to do with their bodies and their money. Bottom line, I don't care, it's not one iota of my business, period.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Maybe it's just me but I don't recall all that much wide spread popularity with tattoo's among the general public prior to the mid-1980's or so. Like many trends and styles it seems like the tattoo trend started with entertainment celebrities, then sports figures and then spread.

I've seen some tattoos that I thought were very attractive but even more I consider as mediocre to poorly done "doodling". I remember one ex-con on parole who was inking local young folks on the cheap with his home made prison version tattoo gun. No idea how throughly he sterilized his equipment between customers. He did say he was saving up to buy a real professional tattoo gun so most likely he didn't own any professional sterilization equipment yet either.

The one bit of advice I remember getting from my dad that I never tried putting to the test was to not ever get a tattoo. Dad had a relatively small red heart with "MOM" inside it on his left forearm and he always said if he had some things in his past he could to do over again he would never have a tattoo of any kind.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have only had the desire for one Tattoo in my life...may still get it done.....never too old to be young I say! Back in my day.....guys in my line of work were heavily discouraged about having visible identifying marks....hell they didn't even want you to have distinguishing scars.

This is it.............

[Linked Image]

For those that know what it means.....no words are needed.

For those that don't, words would never convey the spirit.........

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by JoeMama
What amazes me is the amount of "ink" the "homeless women" panhandling at the freeway off ramps show.

One can go in several different directions with that observation:
-They might be hookers working a day-job
-They might regret the inability to take "ink" to a pawn shop and hock it (as opposed to wearable jewelry)
-They might be "homeless" due to the lack of employability that goes with looking like a puked-on carpet outside a bar-room toilet.

Maybe they need a little bit of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aX5zuoT7cU

And the folks showing up for welfare with fresh "ink" should be denied!

I love going to Wal-Mart and when a completly tat'ed person is strutting their stuff I pont and yell:
" Look! The Circus must be in town!"

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I think trying to analyze the what, where or why of a tattoo is not anybody's business. And no, I do not have one or care why others do or don't.

If it's flaunted in public (and those that I see ARE!), then being intrigued by it is my right.

So also is having an opinion about it my right.

Being curious about it doesn't automatically mean judging it.

Anyone who's flaunting a tat in public must be ready to bear disapproval as well as approval.

Being open-minded doesn't require having a hole in your head.

But by far the most emphatic impression is that tattoos seem to be the only life-time commitment that today's youth take-on readily!

Everything else seems to be This for today, something else for tomorrow.

If that ain't judging a group of folks, I don't know what is.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
reading this thread gave me an idea. Just might get a tat of my X giving me a knobjob located where she is sure to see it.

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Words for the wise... If your wife has tattoos, do not post pics of them on the Campfire and ask the group, "What do you think of my wife's new tattoos..?"

I guarantee you will get your feelers hurt wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My youngest daughter used to think that stuff was all great. That is until she started her own business. One day while I was there one of her girl friends she had worked with stopped by. I just sat there and listened. Her friend was looking for work. My daughter had been looking for another employee. But she didn't have a job.

I ask after she left I thought you were looking for another employee. She said Dad she would scare the hell out of my customers. It just takes some people a little longer to wakeup than others. This was when she was 20.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Daveman
I am not a fan of tattoos. I do respect the rights of anyone who wans to get one (or more), so long as they respect my right not to look favorably at them for their decision. When I see a young lady with tattoos on what would otherwise be beautiful skin, I wonder why she made that decision.

The interesting thing about tattoos is that, 25 or so years ago, folks got tattoos to be different. Now they get them because everyone else has them. I've asked a number of people whether they would have gotten their tattoo if no one else around them had one; the answer is usually "Probably not".

I'm wonder what they will all look like in 25 or 30 years .

They'll look just as unique and individualistic ...as everyone else...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have three. Upper left arm is a dancing red devil drinking a beer and shooting a gun

Upper right arm/ shoulder. Is a call lanyard that starts draped overy shoulder curves down around my bicep/tricep and ends with individual calls just above my elbow. In tge center is the DU emblem

Third is the badge number of one of my best friends who was killed in. LOD. On my left pec.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking back on the mistakes I made when I was young and dumb,
getting a tatoo was not all that bad. Not when I add smoking to the list.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have "Eat at Joe's" tattooed on my pecker.

Girls always laugh at it until they see that it really reads "Eat at Joe's Restaurant and Lounge, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dinner Specials Nightly".

I always wanted to get a 100 dollar bill tattooed on my cock. That way my girlfriend had a good reason to blow my money

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
I have never met a person with tattoos who did not wish, later in life sometimes much later, that they did not have them. I suppose there are some I just never have met them.

I've got one tat.

It's been part of me for quite some time.

I'd miss it if it was gone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had stayed in the military as a career I'd likely have gotten my branch's insignia tattooed on one cheek of my butt, signifying that "your soul belongs to God, but your ass belongs to the US Army!".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tats suck and most who have them tend to regret it on down the road.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Miss Lynn, I haven't seen you around here for so long that I thought maybe you had done left town fer good.

You doing hokay?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I spent ten years as a funeral director...all your tattoos will eventually look like blotchy stains on your skin. Of course you won't care by then, but there will be some time before you do die, that no one will have a clue what your tattoo is supposed to represent.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,662
Posts18,474,682
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.