Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So normally when I need a new pair of socks or underoos I just mention to the wifey and she takes care of that sort of thing for me. But tonight we stopped at Target to get the boys new swim trunks and I told myself, "Self, why don't you just mosey on over to the unmentionables section and pick up some new unmentionables so your pretty bride doesn't have to do it for you?"

So I did. I mosey'd on over to the unmentionables section for guys....or so I thought....

My first point of consternation was when I thought I was turned around because the fellas underwear was right across from the girls pants. Huh, that's not normal...Did I somehow wander into the generic everything-that's-on-sale section? Quick look up at the sign verified that I was indeed in the dude department. I cautiously (making sure no one was looking in case the giant "DUDE SECTION" sign above me was mistaken) inspected the girls pants that were crowding every rack in the mens department. And you know what I found? Skinny jeans, that's what I found!!!

Now I've never been closer to skinny jeans for dudes than as I drive past a hippie-hipster on the sidewalk downtown and guys, I was a bit taken aback. They're just like girl pants! Just exactly the same! Which figures, because I've never suspected the "dudes" wearing them needed much in the way of manly support anyway, if you catch my drift.

I didn't know what to do. I felt the urge to cleanse myself of what I had just touched. But how? I couldn't bring myself to wipe my hands on my pants and possibly contaminate my own manhood with such nonsense. I settled for a shiver and walked away.

Now like I said, I've haven't purchased my own underwear in years. I can't remember when I did last, actually. So I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. My chiseled chest and ripped abs looked exactly like the model on each of the packages, so the pictures weren't gonna help me narrow it down. Thinking back over my underwear experiences in my travels thus far today I decided that whatever I was wearing at the moment would surely suffice for any future endeavors. So, another quick look around ensured no one was watching and I just took a quick peek to see exactly what I was wearing "down there". I couldn't read the label, but the logo matched a nearby rack so that's where I headed.

Before I get into the worst of it, let me point out that the sheer volume of options was overwhelming. I needed short black socks for work. I found short black socks. Socks designed for moisture wicking, for extra cushion, extra support and socks with flat seams (whatever that is). The last time I bought socks you could buy short or tall, that was it. Now there's "no show", "mid cut" and "ankle". I figured "mid" sounded like medium and I'm a middle of the road kinda guy when it comes to my undergarments so I snatched those off the rack just to end the whole experience. And I don't know how yall are built around your middle parts, but I'm a pretty regular sized feller. I wear 34-34 pants, size large shirts and am at peace with the world. But I swear the only sizes of underwear made nowadays are XXL and Small, or at least that's all that're stocked where I was at. I'd probably have trouble stuffing all the extra material from the XXLs into my britches and there's no way my finely shaped glutes would manage into a size Small. I spend more time digging through the rack for a package of Mediums than the goobers on Alaska Gold Rush did looking for gold in their first seven episodes, but unlike they....I succeeded.

By the time I was done picking up TWO ITEMS I was mentally and emotionally exhausted. I wasn't sure how much more shopping my poor soul could take when all of a sudden, from out of nowhere, it hit me. I suppose I had overlooked it because of my skinny jean induced tunnel vision, but as I thought my crisis was over the fog began to clear and I took a good look around. And do you know what I saw? I'll tell you what I saw.

I saw racks and racks full of PINK dudes underwear. My head was reeling, I couldn't breathe. All the Campfire threads about what bad shape our country was in, that I had scoffed at and openly ridiculed, came flooding back to me. My goodness, what could this mean? If a regular store sold PINK dudes underwear, what else was going on that I didn't know about? Flouride in our water, FEMA concentration camps, fake birth certificates....it all became so confusing.

My reality was crumbling right before me. I stumbled away, gasping for air so that I could cry out for help. If only I could get my wife over to me, my beautiful, sexy wife I knew she could help. Surely she'd seen this before and shielded me from it....she always knew what was best....she'd know what to do. In the least, I'd hopefully stumble into her and "accidentally" catch myself on her bosom, sending a surge of much needed testosterone through my system.

As I lurched out of the so-called-mens-department I stupidly looked to the right. Why had I been so stupid? I should've just stared at the floor. What I saw wasn't as frightening as PINK dudes underwear, but was disturbing on a whole new level. I had found myself in another part of the obviously over stocked sock section and through the haze that was my new consciousness I saw the most bizarre socks I'd every seen. Socks with colors and pictures....bananas, cheeseburgers, robots, stripes and sharks. Not in the little boys section. These were full size, regular length socks. My first question was what kinda self respecting grown man would wear rainbow striped socks? Then it hit me...the same kinda grown man who would wear PINK underwear, that's who!

After finding my family I told them what all had just happened. My wife snickered and gave me that look that she often does that I've never exactly pinned down the meaning of but my boys couldn't believe it. Of course they couldn't, they have me for a dad. A man's man. The kinda guy that puts the Magnum in Magnum P.I. I summoned up all my courage and led my troops straight through Hell's front door and into Satan's Lair. I pointed out the nonsense, the travesty, the abomination to my little men and I was proud to see they shared my disgust.

Now I'm sure there are some reading this that just can't believe it's true. Poor, innocent creatures who are still blissfully ignorant...just as I was five hours ago. But friends, it's true. And we need to know the truth. We CAN handle the truth! So take a seat, take a deep breath, and scroll down further.....if you dare....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
dude you are in for the surprise of your life

FJB
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dooooodd . . . . .

Once they started that crap, I LEFT.

Its easier to buy socks for running in running stores. I buy hiking socks at REI.

I order my fruit of the loom online.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockchucker
dude you are in for the surprise of your life

I'm at ground zero for weirdness, home of Leslie...

[Linked Image]

And I always just assumed that "those" people didn't shop where I shopped....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But did anyone ask you why you were taking pictures of men's underwear, in a store? grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ya settle for a pair of them socks with the Hula dancers? They'd look cool with a cop suit. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
But did anyone ask you why you were taking pictures of men's underwear, in a store? grin

It's Austin! Of course no one asked him. They expect weird behavior. grin

I feel your pain, Bluedreaux. Every time I go to buy underwear I see less and less of the basic underwear I have grown to appreciate.

As to socks, I don't buy them in a department store, either. It's either at Cavender's or online.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tractor Supply. One stop shopping.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be careful, some of the gay might have splashed on you. laugh

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't. Go. There. Ever. Again.

Since the IRS, NSA, FBI, Interpol, and Mossad all track your every move, a second visit will put you into a whole new category.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The concept is simple. Colored undies don't show the skid mark as well.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Do you drink flavored coffee by chance?

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am in tears and my wife is just shaking her head. I had to read it to her.

But then, I don't buy my own underwear.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by manydogs
The concept is simple. Colored undies don't show the skid mark as well.

ding ding ding!

I do like the labeless ones too!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

It's Austin! Of course no one asked him. They expect weird behavior. grin

Ed

That's the danged shame of it. Our local Target isn't like that (I was informed last night by the wife). I was in....wait for it....WACO!!! Home of a baptist college and the Texas Ranger hall of fame.

We were in town for the zoo, but a grandma was with us and those trips always seem to turn to shopping. Waco does have an outstanding little zoo, BTW.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That was some outstanding comedic writing. Seriously.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, it was.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin funny stuff.

There's a certain billboard headed into Austin, that would be worth more than a few snickers, here. Need to photograph it smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mink
Be careful, some of the gay might have splashed on you. laugh

Splashed on him? If he took pics of the gay, he's got it!!!

laugh

(By-the-way, its a great story)

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It is Texas...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,099
Posts18,502,075
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.