Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 116 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 115 116
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Or the whole thing could have happened very quickly. Im sure martin coukd speak while throwing punches

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" I may be mistaken but i don't believe there was an illegal act by Z."

I never said there was. Could there have been an illegal act by GZ in the time it was just him and Martin?

Of course.

What does it mean at this point?

Nothing.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by isaac
So, if someone was banging your head into concrete, you'd not shoot him if you were armed?

Have you already had your head repeatedly beaten into the concrete?

1. It would depend on the circumstances. I can think of several cases where I wouldn't. And one where I didn't.

2.I've been the Beator and the Beatee.

It's a damn sight harder to hurt a grown man very badly using a concrete surface if you are straddling his chest, than what you might think.

Try it and get back to me.

I can feel four knots right now on the back of my head which were sustained in separate incidents, all of which took stitches to close up and stop the bleeding. All were caused by bottles or "an unknown object wielded with great force" or some such.

One more time, girls; It's hard to get a man's head moving at a high enough speed to hurt him if you are sitting on him. You swing a chunk of concrete up against the back of his head and he will absent himself from the fight involuntarily.

It is no problem to hurt a person with a padded surface behind their head. Concrete just makes it that much easier. You're so far off it's silly....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, if someone was banging your head into concrete, you'd not shoot him if you were armed?

1. It would depend on the circumstances. I can think of several cases where I wouldn't. And one where I didn't.

It's a damn sight harder to hurt a grown man very badly using a concrete surface if you are straddling his chest, than what you might think.

I can feel four knots right now on the back of my head which were sustained in separate incidents, all of which took stitches to close up and stop the bleeding. All were caused by bottles or "an unknown object wielded with great force" or some such.

One more time, girls; It's hard to get a man's head moving at a high enough speed to hurt him if you are sitting on him. You swing a chunk of concrete up against the back of his head and he will absent himself from the fight involuntarily.

I think those four lumps are affecting your judgment.

Either that or you are making up a story to try & get some clout.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gene i took it the context. That you are arguing against aquittal because Z. Was doing something he shouldnt have been. It doesnt matter.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

It is no problem to hurt a person with a padded surface behind their head. Concrete just makes it that much easier. You're so far off it's silly....

Since it is not a problem, please just lead us thru it step by step?

You are astraddle of the guys belly and he is conscious. You grab what part of him with which hand?

Remember, you have to get his head far enough off the concrete to generate enough speed for a good impact.

And you can bet he ain't in favor of your planned maneuver, so expect some opposition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That "illegal act" was part of the statute someone posted. I just repeated it for the sake of accuracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Either that or you are making up a story to try & get some clout."

You forgot the smiley face. grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It really isn't that hard to imagine Zimmerman trying to get out from under Martin is it. I mean, a guy is on top of you trowing punches, your instinct is to sit up, when Zimmerman does that he gets a hand to the face and his head slammed into the concrete, at which point Martin continues throwing punches.

Lets say it is very difficult to slam someones head into the concrete, which it isn't, how would you explain the cuts and bruises on the back of Zimmerman's head? Please walk us through your version.

Last edited by heavywalker; 07/05/13.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Currydog.

I believe you avoided answering my question.

Did GZ have to wait until his head was spit open before he could defend himself, and in your version of self defense, not go to jail?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing is being overlooked..if you get hit with a decent lick in the head..you don't wiggle much.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Either that or you are making up a story to try & get some clout."

You forgot the smiley face. grin

My experience of getting my head slammed into the concrete while someone straddled me & I was n my back wasn't worth a smiley face.

You would think a state champ wrestler could get out of that situation. I used to feel the same way.....

This whole trial is BS.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't avoid your statement. You are avoiding Zimmerman's.

The concrete had nothing to do with him fearing for his life. He feared for his life because of a verbal threat and the fear Martin would get his gun.

That's what GZ says.

And y'all are still talking about concrete.

HIS fear is all that matters in establishing self defense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did notice that during the ME questioning the defense got a pretty good setup for their own expert. When the ME mentioned using his reference books during his examination of TM the defence asked if one of the books was the one by the fella who I believe they are gonna use as their expert witness.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The concrete had nothing to do with him fearing for his life. He feared for his life because of a verbal threat and the fear Martin would get his gun.

That's what GZ says.
============

Now I understand. You haven't been paying one bit of attention.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by KR13
I did notice that during the ME questioning the defense got a pretty good setup for their own expert. When the ME mentioned using his reference books during his examination of TM the defence asked if one of the books was the one by the fella who I believe they are gonna use as their expert witness.
=============

After his testimony, the ME today won't be able to get out of town fast enough. He was a humiliating witness for the state.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He was one of many humiliating witnesses for the state.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I didn't avoid your statement. You are avoiding Zimmerman's.

That's what GZ says.

And y'all are still talking about concrete.

HIS fear is all that matters in establishing self defense.

So, by your standard, if someone breaks my nose, and is pounding my head against concrete, that's all irrelevant until the person says they are going to kill me???

By that same reasoning, if someone is shooting at me, I can't shoot back until he says he's going to kill me....and that you believe he said it???

Really CD???

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I find it funny that the concrete had nothing to do with his fear, I have had people tell me they were going to kill me before. Of course they were reacting to a joke I pulled on them or something similar so I didn't actually think they were going to kill me.

Now take those same words and place a person on top of me throwing punches and slamming my head into the concrete and I think the way I take those words will be much different.

It all played a part in the decision to use his weapon in self defense. The fact that Zimmerman didn't instantly go for his gun the first time he as punched or the first time he had his head slammed, and that he was yelling for help, should show that there came a point that he decided he had to act or he might die. If the first 1, 2, or 3 head slams and the first 5-10 punches didn't provoke Zimmerman to shoot Martin then what happened that finally made him pull the trigger.

Simply put you don't go out looking to kill someone then let them beat your ass for a few minutes before you pull the trigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's not about the amount of damage that was done, it was about the amount about to be done if it continued.
I got stitches in my head once because I sneezed while working under a car. At the sneeze my head moved up hit the frame then bounced back and slammed the concrete.
Kinda about the same as getting hit I guess.
I sure wouldn't have wanted that event to have that happen multiple times.

Page 38 of 116 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 12344mag, 16gage, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.