Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kend Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Doctor Carson was on O'reilly a few minutes ago and said that he understands the outrage about Trayvon's death. He was a innocent young man who was just walking home according to the Doctor.
I'm very disappointed in Dr. Carson. I thought he was a guy that could transcend race.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
None can ever "transcend" race but he is on the ball on most things. It sounded more PC than factual in that statement he made?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes an I thought great things about him in the way he talked. Maybe he didn't hear all the trail . If that young adult wanted to go home he could have lots of times that night.Rember he was staying at his dad girl friend house

Last edited by savage62; 07/23/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe Carson is also anti-gun. Phug him.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Andy. Iay be wrong but I sont think so. hannity grilled him pretty hard about the 2a in one of his interviews if i remember right.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Andy. Iay be wrong but I sont think so. hannity grilled him pretty hard about the 2a in one of his interviews if i remember right.

I hope I am.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I cant remember specifics but i am fairly sure he was pro 2a

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought so too not that it matters I was hoping he could help be a positive for the black race regardless of his stance on firearms. I know he stated in one of the interviews his son was walking around with a "bb" gun and a neighbor pulled a shotgun on his kid, apparently another neighbor intervened and took his son home? Not saying that he is pro 2 A but seems like he wouldn't want his son near firearms if that was the case? Also your dealing with a neuro surgeon that works at John Hopkins his stance on things are probably a lot different than you or I? Just a guess?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep. He probably doesnt use goatffucck as a noun

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/23/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Carson says city folks don't need protection:

�Conservative Hero� Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities
by Andrew Kirell | 10:26 am, March 3rd, 2013 video � 346 comments

Appearing on Glenn Beck�s radio show this past week, Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn�t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.

Carson became a newfound conservative hero last month when he spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast and laid out a series of criticisms of ObamaCare, political correctness, and tax policy right in front of the president himself. Many called the speech �inappropriate� given the apolitical nature of the event, but many conservatives lauded Carson for his �bold� and �sensible� suggestions for policy reform.

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: �There�s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.�

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own �semi-automatic weapons,� the doctor replied: �It depends on where you live.�

�I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I�m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,� Carson elaborated.

However, if you live �out in the country somewhere by yourself� and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, �I�ve no problem with that.�

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I heard the interview & it sounded like your post except for a comment about something more coming out over time. I don't remember the exact statement. Its interesting that some on the Fire expect politicians, authors, news announcers, & host of political talk shows to agree 100% with their beliefs. I would support Dr. Carson for any political office he ran for.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Saw the O'Reilly show tonight as well. Yesterday, Bill was pretty animated.

Though I agree with the belief that a big part of the problem is raising kids without two biological parents, it is not the biggest problem. The big problem is that they desperately need Jesus Christ and any other solution is a distant second.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not reassuring that he doesn't think semi autos belong in large cities. Although I would tend to think he may carry like most people who are anti? They tend to trust themselves and no one else?

Again I see him as a positive for the black community, not happy about his stance in the article posted!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree Plinker! I listened to O Reily tonight and found it amusing he interviewed another gentlemen that stated blacks problems are the same for whites? Then went on to say to some effect that the problems are complex and on different multitudes? The guy was full of BS!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12

Someone as "smart" as O'Reilly must have read that well known verse at least once in his Catholic upbringing. Satan is very happy that humans blame each other, cast aspersions and play the race card. It makes Satan laugh, and Jesus weep. We talk about defending ourselves with weapons, when we should be on the offensive with prayer in spiritual matters.

"I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.� Matthew 16:18b-19

When we pray, the demons shudder and tremble in fear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColKlink
I believe Carson is also anti-gun. Phug him.

He sure is anti-gun and coveys with his kind regarding Trayvon.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I cant remember specifics but i am fairly sure he was pro 2a

He advocated for Manchin-Toomey and plugging the "gun show" loophole. That was enough for me.

He also says semi-autos should be banned from ownership by citizens in large cities.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conserva...-semi-automatic-weapons-in-large-cities/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ontrol_it_depends_on_where_you_live.html

Last edited by luv2safari; 07/23/13.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.� Matthew 16:18b-19

Maybe you would tell us how to use this information, please.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If his comments about the innocence of that young thug and semi-auto ownership are factual . . . throw him onto the heap along with Rubio, Bush III, and all the other RINOs

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.