Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
In 2011, Missouri-based Heizer Defense entered the personal defense market with its diminutive Heizer DoubleTap, a pocket handgun built specifically with concealed carry in mind.

Now, Heizer has taken the pocket pistol concept a step further, introducing the brand new Heizer Defense Pocket Shotgun. This single-shot .410 handgun features a break-open design with a stainless steel or titanium finish. Heizer boasts extreme reliability from the Pocket Shotgun, putting 5,000 rounds through it over the course of two-and-a-half days without a fail. The Pocket Shotgun is expected to hit shelves in November with a price point around $499. Check out the Pocket Shotgun in action at the range.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kQaI-pB_Sy0[/video]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good one for snake loads......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I missed it, what is it good for?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That makes more sense than the 410 revolvers

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I don't get the appeal.
Why buy that when you can already buy two shot .410 derringers?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember how many people thought the judge was a great idea. However, .410 is not a good self defense round. Why not shoot a semi-auto 9mm or a 38 revolver? It's a much more effective weapon.

[Linked Image from ]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never was a fan of the (contraption) 'Judge' - It's not a good 45 Colt shooter and as far as the 410? - Eh!

However, as to this new HEIZER

Well, nothing could be NICER

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a small pocket snake gun, I still find the High Standard DA .22 mags tops. As a defensive pocket gun...it's nearly as big as my Colt Cobra, so why would I ever want to restrict myself to a single shot. Then there's the Kahr sub-compact 9 and .40's that are as small or smaller, and probably lighter. Sorry, but I see this as more .410 gimmick, but the .410 thing has caught on BIG with those who don't really know much about guns. So I'm sure they'll sell a few.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Close enough, it looks like one shot is all you'd need...

buckshot will slow them down and still not kill them, which will make the cry baby liberals a little happier...

a 410 slug on the other end, will put a nice hole in the right spot...as will a 45 Long Colt...

I can see it being a nice little pocket gun...and beefed up better to handle the recoil than those 410 pocket darrengers...

if you've ever shot one, you'd know what I am talking about...
they are a handful...

someone tried to give me one, one time that owed me money... I declined after shooting it a couple of times...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Now an over/under derringer in 410, that would be fun...

Last year a local guy shot a black bear in the face in his house with a Judge and 410 buckshot and killed it dead... (my mother would frown at that sentence structure.)

NRA Life Member
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wouldn't it need a rifled barrel - like for .45LC - to be legal? Maybe that's what it is, the video didn't say.

Not my cup of tea, and a bit pricey for a single shot .410. The old "Snake Charmer" would seem more useful to me.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I wonder if it's rated for Buffalo Bore's .45 Colt loads.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
What is the intended purpose of this thing?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by s4s4u
Good question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its purpose is to cash in on this BS .410 craze. As long as the market continues to think .410 is a viable defense cartridge, we will continue to see these gimmick guns popping up all over the place. Honestly, can anyone think of a single use for this gun where there isn't a better choice at the same price point or less?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
I remember how many people thought the judge was a great idea. However, .410 is not a good self defense round. Why not shoot a semi-auto 9mm or a 38 revolver? It's a much more effective weapon.

+1
I agree. For $500 you can pick from many semi-auto 9mm.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'd like it if it had real adjustable sights on it.

I would then get a .22 LR chamber adapter for it and thus turn it into a very adaptable and lightweight backpacking gun. In this regard, it is a very interesting design because it is a minimal and thus light break open single shot which is amenable to chamber adapter use.

I'd carry and shoot mostly .22 LR (and Shorts) but put a heavy .45 Colt round in it when I turn in for bed.

It would have to be freakishly accurate in .22 LR for it to work.

Last edited by alukban; 08/29/13.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It would have to be freakishly accurate in .22 LR for it to work.

That might be asking a lot! If that can chamber a 410 case it will not shoot any 45 with any accuracy either as it would have over an inch of freebore and only an inch of rifling to stabilize it. Another solution in search of a problem.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

A "snake charmer" that fits in your pocket. It is as useful as a "Judge" not very useful in other words

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's a shame that Taurus, S&W (and now Heizer) didn't consult with you Captains of the Gun Industry before they introduced these .410 handguns ..... I understand they can't make them fast enough.

If they would have just listened to you guys, they could have saved themselves all this extra trouble of dealing with additional sales and profits. What a bunch of dipschits.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 41magfan
It's a shame that Taurus, S&W (and now Heizer) didn't consult with you Captains of the Gun Industry before they introduced these .410 handguns ..... I understand they can't make them fast enough.

If they would have just listened to you guys, they could have saved themselves all this extra trouble of dealing with additional sales and profits. What a bunch of dipschits.

Marketing can do wonders. Just look at our President for a prime example. Doesn't mean that they are practical, just means that there are a lot of impressionable folks out there who know no better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like most things, "practical" is in the eye of the beholder and if gun makers only made practical guns, most people would complain because we all know how much more practical a 4" barrel is over a 5" barrel .... or was that the other way around.

NRA Endowment Member
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

A 410 shogun has about 1200 fps muzzle velocity in a shotgun. In a handgun lucky if one could get 600 fps. Yeah a real terminally ballistics achiever

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya'll keep throwing out realities that ain't changing the fact that they sell well.

NRA Endowment Member
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Never ever said they didn't sell well nor do I believe did anyone else

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The original post was about the introduction of a single shot .410 pistol and the thread was almost immediately splattered with comments about the "usefulness" of such a thing.

It's obviously "useful" to those that make them because they're selling the heck out of them.

Anyone else's idea of what's "useful" is purely subjective and irrelevant to the OP - that's what my tongue in cheek comment was directed towards.

I'm going to let you have the last word on this now .....

Last edited by 41magfan; 08/30/13.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya'll keep throwing out realities that ain't changing the fact that they sell well.
Like I said, THAT is why they're made. Not because they do anything particularly well, but becuase some perceive (wrongly in my opinion) that they do something well, or have some sort of advantage. For those who don't know better, they grab them up like hotcakes. Like I said before...they exist because they sell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The original post was about the introduction of a single shot .410 pistol and the thread was almost immediately splattered with comments about the "usefulness" of such a thing.

It's obviously "useful" to those that make them because they're selling the heck out of them.

Anyone else's idea of what's "useful" is purely subjective and irrelevant to the OP - that's what my tongue in cheek comment was directed towards.

I'm going to let you have the last word on this now .....

Bunch of dipschitts (41magfan wording) thought this was a discussion forum didn't ya? Well now we all know that can't be true and thank goodness this guy was around to set everyone straight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I want a 410 barrel for my Glock 19 so i can have a 16 shot 410

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I actually held a 9mm DoubleTap yesterday at my LGS (non-ported Aluminum). They don't use "Heizer" anymore and I guess those kinds of issues were what held them from making them available.

It is ridiculously thin. That alone makes it interesting to me. It looks as if one could put it in a cheap paperback/dime novel and plop it right next to your bed and nobody would expect that a firearm would be in it. Heck, walk around with that "book" in your hand. Actually, you could put t between a couple of pieces of sliced bread and walk around with it and it will be concealed as a sandwhich! laugh

I have read reviews that the thin width makes it heck for recoil when shooting anything more than a couple of rounds but that the ported models really do work to reduce that. The trigger pull was smooth but got really heavy at the least couple of mm. It looks doable though. They are extremely well made and fell good and solid in the hand.

I would want an accurate one in .22 LR with real sights to take backpacking. It would disappear completely in a back pocket. That caliber could make it THE most compact "survival pistol". I would even bring it in addition to a centerfire because it is so small. and thin. It's easy to switch barrels apparently so it would be great to have 9mm too then I guess.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...review-doubletap-tactical-pocket-pistol/

Last edited by alukban; 09/19/13.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,832
Posts18,517,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.