-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys really miss him, don't you? (grin)

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, he may really be gone, either banished or he simply pulled out. I noticed a week or two ago that his "Buying, Selling, and
Shipping Firearms Tutorial" was no longer a sticky in the Free Classifieds. Haven't seen any posts from him since I noticed that...

Last edited by mudhen; 08/26/13.

Ben

rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The postings here have been civil and decent.Let's carry on!
Who's got something new in the works?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
He's been selling on AR,and the Ruger forum.

Hang on tight !
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me. I'm idea and finances challenged after that last one.

We can always resuscitate some of the old themes -- like Why not a 22 LR in a Ruger #1?; Scoping a Ruger #1; or The 1B vs the 1A? In fact, maybe RickBin could program reruns of those themes that automatically kick in whenever exchanges here get thin. (By the way, it happens every August during vacations and a brief flagging of interest prior to hunting season.) Hell, we might even get virtual flames going!

Actually, I would not mind BT's input w/o the attitude. His dented omniscience -- dead wrong at lest 3 times by my count alone -- was too much and reminded me of an old unit slogan "Frequently in Error, Never in Doubt". But the substance of his posts was often helpful.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 08/27/13.
IC B2

rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"Actually, I would not mind BT's input w/o the attitude. His dented omniscience -- dead wrong at lest 3 times by my count alone -- was too much -- reminded me of an old unit slogan "Frequently in error, Never in Doubt". But the substance of his posts was often helpful."
there LIES THE PROBLEM..CAN'T HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER...

I'm putting together a #1AH of sorts in 6.5x64.Parts here, parts there but down to the last 5%....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep kicking he mite just be waiting for enough pokeing and be planning to sneak up from behind for a mass slaughter wiskaly rabbit

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looked at his status in the user list:

So there you go.

Ben

rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
" On another board..."
that could mean nailed to one outback somewhere...

Come on America,

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Have you gentlemen ever considered that Brick Top may simply be the "alter-ego" personification of another, valued member of this board disguised as BT?

Certainly, his knowledge of the #1's is considerable and his command of the language indicates a solid educational background even though he, unfortunately, tends to make enemies rather than friends with his often vicious, negative personal attacks and his repugnant language.

Conversely, he may simply enjoy controversy and upheaval... and, thus, the "wildman" image he uses plus his horrible language and personal attacks all lend credence to such a possibility.

Think about it. Such a possibly exists, does it not?!? And, thus, even in his absence, he has us discussing him. Clever, n'est pas?!? grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I met a guy at the range 70+ that is too old to hunt, but still buys a lot of expensive rifles.

He was brash and outspoken.

He said he got regularly banned from gun forums and had to get new ISP numbers or something like that.

I asked where he got banned from and he mentioned two forums. The only one I remember was 24HCF.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, I confess. I was Bricktop.

Seriously though, I have entertained the notion that Bricktop and Larry Root are one and the same.

1B

W
wwy Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
At the pinedale gun range yesterday the sign in sheet was admonished by none other than "L. Root" and three spaces down by "Bricktop". Glad I looked after I was done shooting as I laughed all the way home. Sorry, no camera.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems to me he hides behind his keyboard spitting out some good but mostly his wrath of of a whinny little terd that got picked on in school or work, and now using his key board to strike out with out no recourse like a coward taking sucker punches from the comforts of his arm chair and sperm covered keyboard

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I suppose that my age is showing (seems that I have mellowed somewhat), but I pity the likes of him. It must be a real burden to carry that kind of load of anger and hostility around, as they are really heavy. One never knows just what causes such behavior through the keyboard. Personal knowledge often let's us peek into a person's soul. What causes it? We don't know.

I have been the recipient of his venom on a couple of occasions. Once was over a simple mistake on my part. The other was over him assuming that public and private land hunting regulations in Texas were one and the same. Wrong on his part.

Do I miss him? NOOOOOO

jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,459
Posts18,529,130
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.