-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ya'll seem to know as much about hogs as you do fences. I agree that MOST ferals don't have the belly fat for bacon, but some do.

I know that. That's why I wrote what I wrote.

Ever cured your own bacon, Travis?

No.

Uvalde is great county, I envy you for having lived there.

That's they funniest phfgucking thing I have read all year.

Thanks,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That's freaking sweet.....

You and eyeball are welcome any time.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I'd rather move to North Korea than Texas.

We'd rather you would too wink

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry you feel that way. The city of Uvalde hosted the Texas outdoor Writers Association annual conference a couple of years close together. They treated us as nice as we could ever have asked for, whole town seemed to be involved and acted as though our being there was a big deal for them. I like all the Hill Country, although the mountain cedar pollen almost killed me both years. We had a couple of events at Garner State Park that were real nice, and my wife and I did a lot of driving around, just sight-seeing. Lots of deer around there, but as one old timer noted, "Must not be much for them to eat around here, cuz them are the skinniest little deer I ever saw!"

Of course, I've never been to Montana, I'm sure from what I've seen and heard it's beautiful country, probably prettier than most of Texas, anyway - and with fewer people. Love to visit someday.

As to the cold, an editor I wrote for a long time ago broke up with his long-time girl friend, and decided to take a buddy up on his offer to let him spend the winter in a cabin in Wyoming, I think. I was crewing on a 45 Hatteras trolling the 100 fathom curve off Port O'Connor the next summer, and we talked to a boat on the VHF radio that happened to mention this editor was a guest on board that day. I asked him about his winter, said he was snowed in just about the whole time, couldn't even get the door open to go outside - not that he wanted to go outside. So I asked if it helped him get over the girl friend, and he said, no, being stuck inside like that, she was about all he could think of, drove him near crazy.

I dry-cured the bacon I made, Came out pretty good. Thick, and with a rind, like the old-fashiojned bacon you have to hunt for these days.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
High fences and feeders sound better than what Montana has, huh ball?

If you knew how utterly stupid that comment is you'd think twice before posting it. 95% of the great state of TX is unfenced.

Last edited by JGRaider; 08/25/13.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
That's freaking sweet.....

You and eyeball are welcome any time.

Travis

Well thanks and God bless you, Col. Travis.

Appreciate it.

That's mighty Texican of you. smile

Last edited by eyeball; 08/25/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We still execute criminals too, just not fast enough for me.

lol, it seems you do!

I just googled this, and found that TX has executed close to 1,300 criminals, which equates to approx 1 in 11 executions in the entire country!

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We always do better than other states.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by temmi
See what you can get from Inetenational news?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rudest-arrogant-state-U-S-best-food.html

New York voted the rudest and most arrogant state in the US (but with the best food at least)
The pollquizzed 1,603 Americans on their feelings for each state
They decided Empire State also had country's worst sports fans
California was the best looking, and Colorado had the best scenery
But Texas was picked to be 'kicked out of the country' completely

By Amanda Williams

PUBLISHED:04:21 EST, 21 August 2013| UPDATED: 05:57 EST, 21 August 2013

New York has been voted the rudest and most arrogant state in the U.S by a newly released poll.

But perhaps it has good reason for its inflated sense of superiority - because the survey also found that it had the best food.

The poll carried out by Business Insider/Survey Monkey quizzed 1,603 Americans on their feelings for each state.

They also decided that the Empire State has the worst sports fans, NYmag reports.

The only rule in the survey was that for each question, participants had to vote on a state other than their own.

The voters decided that California was the best looking, Colorado had the best scenery and Massachusetts had the best accent.

The picked Texas as the state they would like to kick out of the country.

The poll quizzed 1,603 Americans on their feelings for each state. It found the Empire State had the best food, but worst sports fans

A separate survey found that Buffalo, New York, was one of the rudest places in America but residents of New York City were far friendlier than people in the Midwest and the South.

The results came from a series of maps compiled using Twitter comments.

They studied the prevalence of two simple -- 'good morning' and 'f*** you' -- over the course of several days.

Vertaline, a company that tracks works and phrases on Twitter for paying clients, conducted the study across 462 cities.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-state-U-S-best-food.html#ixzz2cc9MGoXG

Please!

Snake

"Oh please" is right!!!!

"The[y] picked Texas as the state they would like to kick out of the country."

Well heck!!! We already tried to leave the Union once but it seems that Abraham Lincoln (and the rest of the Union) didn't want to let us go!!! SO:

Oh, and by the way:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-Bob F. grin grin grin

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (1eyedmule, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 27 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,616
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.