Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Mowing the back , dusty lawn and grabbed up a garter snake making a break from the mower.

Put him in the fire bowl on the deck for a bit then brought him into the house
All 12-14 inches!

Wife freaked until I tossed him on the deck to slither off!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'd have shot under your feet till you left and took your friend with you.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinMany,many moons ago, my mother ran screaming from my room and threw things at ME as soon as she saw me. She had tipped over my box. My box had all 5 of my pet garter snakes in it and they were slithering all over the floor. My mother was NOT usually very happy with me grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
back some 20+ years ago, when my wife and I were married, my pet snakes had to go. Luckily my Son was able to provide them a good home.
Two Columbian Rainbow Boas, one Rock Python, and a Ball Python.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
when i was around 17 i had a 6ft bull snake i kept in a terrarium in my room, well it got out one day and i couldn't find it. my parents were having a diner party the next night and i still hadn't found it and i just blew it off and went out drinking with my buddy. around 9:30 i get a call from my dad to get home now. lol the snake had crawled out from under the couch and nearly gave a couple of women a heart attack, i caught him and but him back in the terrarium.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"snakes and snails and puppy dog tails"

grin

when I was a teenager I was playing golf, and was looking for a lost ball. I look down and see a snake's tail sticking out of the grass. It had no rattles on it, and was the wrong color to be a copperhead, so obviously it was fair game.

I pull on the tail and six feet away a head rears a couple feet out of the grass, and hisses loudly. I retreat rapidly, and nearly call the cops to tell them there's an escaped cobra on the loose blush Eventually I learn it was a coachwhip. I had no idea 8 foot snakes lived in the area.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was mad i didnt have a snake sack(read pillow case) when hiking in to set up my wifes blind last weekend, on the way back to the truck we stumbled across the first hognosed snake i had seen in the wild here....knew they were around but there arent alot of them.....stopped a friend of ours from killing it cause he thought it was a lil rattler.....unfortunately i still had a fair ways to the truck and didnt want him musking up my pack....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A very long time ago a friend asked me to accompany a woman friend of his wife to a jazz concert. Not having anything to do that weekened I said OK and got to her apartment to pick her up. I was a bit early and she wasn't quite ready. She said to have a seat and she'd be done in a couple of minutes. So I'm sitting on the couch and from under the couch up climbs this Boa constrictor that is staring me in the face. I have to admit I let out a bit of a scream. She comes running out telling me he's harmless. Yeah right all eight feet of him.
Well, it was friendly and I probably wouldn't have made a sound if she'd warned me he was round. That blind date turned out to be quite interesting for about three months.
My son from my firs marriage is nother big snake freak. He has a couple of pythons.
Snakes don't bother me much. I walk around atlers out in the desert and would only kill one if it got aggresive. I've been a bit of a desert rat since about 1965 and in all that time I've only had to kill three rattlesnakes. They leave me be and I'll leave them be. cool
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought you were having a kegger without telling the wife! grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
when i was 13, i had a 7' common boa constrictor. i let it slither into the living room where my moms', 3 table Bridge game going on. the following scene was the consummate definition of "Chaos"

later, much later, my mom said "that was the funniest thing she had ever seen!"

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I thought this thread would be about buying a Colt Python and your wife flipping out at the resulting credit card charge. All told, it was probably less of an altercation just bring the real snake into the house.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in about the 5th grade when I had a pet garter snake. We were having show and tell at school so I took it to show. I had it in a big jar. When I walked into the classroom, the teacher literally freaked. She vocally invited me to get it out of that room but QUICK. I took it to the office for the day and they weren't too happy about it either. Snake Boy spent the day in a closet in the principal's office.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spent half my childhood hunting snakes. smile

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
puppy dog tails and snake tails-!!!!

about the time i started first grade i had found some eggs. so i put them in a jar with some sand in it.

mom did not have much of a fit but the neighbor lady threw a major faint when her boy found that the eggs had hatched. the jar had several snakes in it which he shoved in her face and shouted 'look mommy, snakes' i can still see the look on her face with no sound escaping her open mouth.

they were about the size of night crawlers but i still had to turn them loose the next day. i would have take them to school if i had thought of it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.