Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Last night Seafire Jr and I drop by Wally World to pick up a few items....

per normal the lines are long and they have few people manning the 38 registers they have lined up... its 8:30 so we just pick a line...

in front of us is a lady in one of those little powered chairs and cart combo... and some fat guy... Birkenstocks, pony tail, baggy cargo pants style shorts... dirty and unkept...she is in one of those large baggy "Tent Dresses" as my son calls them... both are white, and evidently products of the 1960s...former Hippies...

first thing you notice, is they evidently think they are the ONLY people in the entire store and they have all night available to do the Walmart Experience...

we are behind these people for 15 minutes while they check out...

first the woman puts all of her items on the counter... the Mexican teenage cashier, gives her the total...

She pulls out her Oregon Trail ( welfare card)... it only has X amount of money available on it...

So she pulls out another one, and it only has X Amount of money on that one....

So she pulls out a third one, and finishes paying for her items...

Then the guy throws his items up to be rung up....

Comes to $116.

He pulls out an Oregon Trail card, and it only partially pays his total,

so he pulls out another one... he maxes the balance out on that one...and still has a total of $66 still owing...

so arbitrarily, he complains he has to put the rest of the stuff back...

the woman tells him "NO you don't... I still have plenty of balance on these ones here".... as she pulls a different wallet out of her monster handbag, and hands the young cashier, three more Oregon Trail cards...." try these"...

finally they are all checked out... of course it takes another seemingly 5 minutes for them to load all of their bags into the cart and her basket...

meanwhile now the line behind us is longer than the house I live in....

my son and I check out with our 4 items... he uses the bathroom real quick... and we head toward the car in the parking lot...

parked near my car is a full sized 4 door pickup, and our two hippies are putting their purchases in the back of the pickup...both waddling as they walk...

we pass it and the tail gate is covered in bumperstickers..

and abundance showing their support for Obama and Joe Biden...save the forests, save the whales, save the spotted owl....etc...

and the Oregon Trail Card.... you are on welfare and you get ONE of those ( as I understand it... me and the lady behind me were talking about that as we waited in line... everyone else was busy on their cellphone playing Apps or on their IPOD..)

between the guy and the woman, they had eight of them that I counted... so one can only assume that they are getting them under 8 different names each month...

so one can safely assume they voted for Obama eight times in the last election....

The social things you can teach the younger generation just standing in line at Walmart...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
geez

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
mad mad mad mad mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Get a license plate number and report em. Either that, or bittch about em online... whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the "caveman" days those people would have died off, now they are parasites that the rest of the working has to carry.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wanna bet they're trading dope for those cards? Easy way to launder money!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I [bleep] HATE DEMONRATS!! mad You just want to slap the piss out of them...too bad it's not legal.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have found out I'm no competition to women in a store. They will cut you off and talk to checker for an hour holding up the line.

Hippies, we have none in DFW.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Kinda reminds me of the girl that moved into the subsidized housing complex behind my house. She had a little trouble finding parking for her new Jeep Cherokee and her sailboat....

I wish I were kidding...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing I like about living in Fort Collins is you just don't see the hoards of white trash at the local Walmarts.

However, go to a different part of the country and it's an entirely different story. You really can judge the affluence of a community by looking at the people who shop at Wally World.

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Get a license plate number and report em. Either that, or bittch about em online... whistle

GW,

ya make a good point.. I called the State DHS office and asked about it... they do issue one card per person and fill it up once a month... no one should have more than one...LEGALLY...

I admit, my disgust over it, is based on the amount of abuse of welfare around here in my county.. seems no one does a darn thing about it...

sadly my apathy is based on living so many years in MN, where they really didn't care about it in the Metro Twin Cities...
and the level of abuse ya see locally in this county here in Oregon...

ya see plenty of places that they even allow them to buy booze with their OR Trail Card, which is illegal as hell... but it is done every day...

to my surprise tho, the DHS office actually told me that they WANT people to report these kinds of things... if nothing else to report the store and the time the abuse took place...

as the lady from DHS said, we know there are a lot of states that openly allow welfare abuse and fraud, and 'look the other way' all the time... Oregon is not one of them...

we are on the border with California, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a nearby example....

but this gave me a little optimism.. next time I see it I'll report the details, now that I know what info they want.. and just see if anything happens...

Government actually doing their jobs.... What a concept...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same here...even the workers are a big step up. wink

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by fish head
One thing I like about living in Fort Collins is you just don't see the hoards of white trash at the local Walmarts.

However, go to a different part of the country and it's an entirely different story. You really can judge the affluence of a community by looking at the people who shop at Wally World.

What we have around here... my son calls most of the customers locally, WalMartians....

in fact in our town, I often wonder what many folks did socially before they opened Walmart....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You only get one card per county. I knew this one chick who was defrauding the government by having like three or four identities in that many different counties. No, not a friend of mine, I just knew of her because she moved in real close to my parents and then started causing trouble.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You really can judge the affluence of a community by looking at the people who shop at Wally World.

Unfortunately this is very, very true.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

What we have around here... my son calls most of the customers locally, WalMartians....

in fact in our town, I often wonder what many folks did socially before they opened Walmart....
I live in Walmart country. Walmart was started just south of here in Arkansas.

Walmart stores vary wildly. I've been in a few that really can't be characterized by anything other than "upscale" and they carry a whole different level of stuff than you see around here in Walmarts. I saw a Browning BAR in one of them and I'd never seen that expensive a gun in a Walmart before.

That said, as soon as you get a nice one like that the trash will gravitate towards it instead of going to the one that their hovel sets beside.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Cmon seafire.. the most important thing is, was there any 22lr!!?? grin

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You only get one card per county. I knew this one chick who was defrauding the government by having like three or four identities in that many different counties.

Hell, we have a president that has multiple social security cards and most likely passports. mad miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call Jesse Jackson Jr.
They should be able to get ALOT more than that per month.
They are getting screwed.
Did I mention I love Oregon?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P.S. Next time tell them hello from me and at least act genuine about it. It was my mom and dad.

Last edited by wageslave; 09/11/13.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 70 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,076
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.