Thanks KG.

SALUTE!!!!!

Gunner

Trump Won!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
On 9/11 I was at our local radio repair shop getting my squads video recorder worked on.

My wife called and said turn on the radio at the same time the receptionist told everyone there out loud.

Pagers went off and we started to make sure we had enough fuel, food and supplies to get thru the next couple days. Then all of our off duty officers were rotated down to the Federal Building in town and up to the border to assist. We covered our entire area with less then a quarter of our usual staff and in one of the most violent reservations in the nation the people let us do what was needed and stayed out of the way.

It was a long week...got home that night and just watched the kids sleeping...found out later that the wifes cousin was supposed to be on flight 93 but due to a problem with his oxygen system he took a later flight.

I won't ever forget and now I kind of know what my dad said about Kennedy's death, and my grandparents talking about Pearl Harbor... it sticks to you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never forgotten what those cowardly bastards did to this country, to NYC and will always remember until the day I no longer walk this earth. God bless all those that perished on that awful day, Sept 11, 2001.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Indeed. RIP.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
NEVER FORGET!

Never forgive.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
While I appreciate the post, I appreciate the sacrifices made that day and in the following days even more.

The rest of the country had to sit back and watch as the tragedies in NYC, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania unfolded, knowing that there were people dead, hurt, and dying there and there was nothing that could be done to stop it.

My heart goes out to you and the others who lost friends and family in those dark days. I "only" lost some of my freedom while others lost much, much more.

NYC has the reputation of rudeness, but also of generosity, kindness, and compassion from those who have been close enough to witness them. It's a city. A BIG, busy, diverse, conglomeration of cultures, languages, and personalities, so of course it will have its challenges and conflicts.

Take the gripes and bitches with a grain of salt, for they that protest the loudest know not of the bones of the city.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
While I appreciate the post, I appreciate the sacrifices made that day and in the following days even more.

My heart goes out to you and the others who lost friends and family in those dark days. I "only" lost some of my freedom while others lost much, much more.

NYC has the reputation of rudeness, but also of generosity, kindness, and compassion from those who have been close enough to witness them. It's a city. A BIG, busy, diverse, conglomeration of cultures, languages, and personalities, so of course it will have its challenges and conflicts.

Take the gripes and bitches with a grain of salt, for they that protest the loudest know not of the bones of the city.

Ed

well said...

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never forget. Period.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AMEN Brother.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thank you to all. United we stand.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
New Yorkers, Californians, Chicagoans and all the little spot on a map places in between.
We're ALL Americans when it comes time and the SHTF!!!!

Rest in peace!

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
It is seldom brought up, that we lost more lives to hostile action, that day, than we lost at Pearl Harbor.
May they all rest peacefully, and unforgotten.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I was in a class 12 years ago today. We were to have a test and a practical exam. During some typical last minute cramming, someone came in and turned on the TV. EVERYTHING stopped. We all stared. I saw grown men weep that day. Lunch was forgotten. No one thought to go home. Finally our instructor stood up and said go home to your families...I remember him well...good instructor and weekend lay preacher. As we left he said pray for our fallen, and for our country.
I remember driving in to work...not on duty, just needed to be there. Equipment was being checked, lists of volunteers to go to New York were being made...security was being increased.
ESPN, MTV, VH1, even the freaking food channel all off the air out of respect...they stayed off until our leaders asked them to go back on air...not to let these POS stop us or change our lives.
Patriotic songs and tributes were everywhere. I remember it seemed the country came together...and stood strong.
A SEAL told me he was in BUDS when the attacks took place...how they got a speech about this meaning war.
An SF guy told me that they had guys droping out of SF Quals to go back to their units...GOOD candidates he said...but they left so they wouldn't miss the war.
12 years and two wars later, today I was back in school. In class today, I heard classmates talking about facebook, someone named Miley, plans for the weekend. I heard classmates talking about government aid...how much they were getting...how to get more. A new Dean came in and introduced herself, said her door was open...anything we needed, to come see her. I never heard anyone mention 9/11, when I brought it up, someone thought it was my birthday...when I explained, all I heard was "oh", and disinterested looks.

Never forgive...never forget.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here are a few pics. After you view them, might wonder what the blazes they have to do with the thread. Read on for the answer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The gent pictured above posted the following on FB today. I'd never seen the pic before, or knew about his whereabouts then, as we had not yet met. Solid guy, and I'm humbled by his actions. Were I a military sort, I'd salute him. Way to go, Dan (DuxHateMe).

This is a photo that a friend and fellow surgeon took of me at Ground Zero two nights after the attack. I have never shown it to anyone primarily because of the smile, but I realize now that the state of mind I was in needed some outlet and I think a smile was all I could muster. We took the LIRR into lower Manhattan to assist at Ladder Company 10 primarily for injuries of workers searching the wreckage. The closest open train station was 20-odd blocks away and the walk through the deserted, darkened and dust-covered streets was nothing less than surreal.

It took quite awhile for the memory of that evening to soften....but I will NEVER FORGET. God Bless America.

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/donstarling_zpsa34a2426.jpg[/img]

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
It's the day I will never forget, September 11, 2001 driving northbound on the New Jersey Turnpike 6 AM Heading to work in Queens. It was a beautiful morning, A sunrise rarely seen in New York, The sun was Rising just behind the towers. Clouds purple dark blue Absolutely gorgeous. I made a mental note to bring my camera the following day to Get a picture. Little did I know at that time It was not going to happen. Linden Blvd., Queens, NY towers were clearly visible from where I was working. I am a heavy equipment operator,operating engineers local 15 New York City. My foreman said one of the towers is on fire. At that time we were not Aware of the airplane. Someone said a airplane hit the tower, At first I thought it might've been one of the tour helicopters always buzzing Around the city or a general aviation aircraft little did I know it was airline. I bought two disposable cameras and took a few photos of the tower. Moments later the second Jet hit there was a huge fireball and black smoke Lots of black smoke seconds later There was glistening little lights like a 6 inch mortar On fourth Of July. It was the glass glistening in the sunlight, that was so surreal! I remember thinking those poor souls all those people in those buildings and planes. We watched in horror as those buildings collapsed We could not believe what was happening! All flights Where canceled it was the first time that I could hear the birds singing,was so quiet without jet traffic amazing but true. Then the fighter jets circling above and the Military helicopters flying into LaGuardia and you knew anything that Took off would have been shot down. It took me 14 hours to get back to Pennsylvania. Don't think for one second All of New York came together to help that day!! It was a long ride home! September 3, 2001 I was working at Ground Zero. A lot of things went through my mind one of them that stands out was the resemblance of what Photos and film I have seen about the London blitz. Been working there on and off since And there is still a lot to be done. I cannot imagine What combat veterans must have experienced.I had a Slim taste, Of death and destruction(The aftermath ) and the taste and smell of death never leaves me.
Tom

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i'll never forget that day. i was driving off a mountain in colorado after a successful bow hunt for elk. never listened to the radio until about 0800 or so. turned it on and heard the initial reports. listened to various radio stations for the next 12 hours, then watched tv in a hotel for several hours.

absolutely unbelievable!

one can only imagine the anguish those folks felt just prior to their jumping.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Can still remember the day vividly. ..

NYC has a deeper meaning to me now. Everytime I find myself in "the city" I remember those who were taken from us during the work day. I also remember those who were left with the loss of a loved one.

I will never forget and constantly urge my friends and family there to be ever vigilent in their safety.

I remember exactly where I was that day when I heard the news. Nothing against NYC here as I have never been there. I am sure just like most places good people and libtards live there.... RIP to the fallen..the cowards that did that can burn in Hell.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9/11.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 66 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,789
Posts18,496,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.