Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
back in the 80s a couple of guys who were drunk got stuck near robstown tx. one of them got out to push and slipped and got pulled under the spinning tire. there was nothing left of his torso. the driver was convicted of manslaughter.

Similar thing happened here with a guy and his nanny at a strip joint. Both were hammered but she was driving and got stuck on a curb. There was fresh snow and he fell and she drove over his head with the Suburban... She was convicted of something but I do not remember exactly what it was.

He left behind a seriously disabled child that the nanny had been hired to take care of... Ugly situation all the way around...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The worst stuck lasted for about 2 months back in 2011, snow then mud. Same deal this past Spring with the mud.

It gets very depressing getting stuck everyday just trying to get your job done.

Not as depressing as getting run over though.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
All of this just confirms my belief that 4wd is short hand for getting stuck further off the road.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
WOW! No fair including death/dismemberment stories! Those are simply tragic, though serve as excellent reminders to always be careful.

My 1st bad "stuck" was after an ice storm in late fall 1983 driving to college. The road was through a very open area and wind always created huge snow drifts and helped polish the ice on the road.

I was driving slow (~25mph) and suddenly lifted my foot off the accelerator of my 1973 AMC Hornet "Sportabout" rear-wheel-drive-only station wagon. I had a couple hundred pounds of weight in the back, but when I let off the accelerator it was the same as if I had locked up the brakes. I started swerving/fish-tailing and despite steering into the swerve, my car started end-for-end spinning - right into the 4ft ditch alongside the road. As I came to stop, I felt the car start to roll onto it's side thinking it was going to roll all the way over onto the roof, but thankfully it stopped.

I pushed the passenger door open, climbed out and walked to the nearby farm (who knew me) and using their 4x wheel drive Case tractor (with dualies all around), was out in 15 minutes. There was no damage to my car at all - drivers door opened fine and the car ran perfectly as usual.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
This wasn't me thankfully...

[video:photobucket]http://s135.photobucket.com/user/nimrod1949/media/DSCN0037_zps33482d68.mp4.html[/video]�[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
Have seen too many yahoos that think driving on the beach at low tide is safe. I have launched a boat this way many times by utilizing worn tires and airing down to 12#. Yet, I do indeed have a winch on my front bumper for emergencies. Now, the way to use a winch in soft sand requires the use of a big fluked anchor that has saved my bacon to keep salt water out of my truck. But, I will say that I got stuck in a pile of schit, yes a cow schit pile, one time deer hunting late Dec. when everything seemed to be frozen solid. Not cow schit as it makes its' own heat and will stay juicy soft. Got my truck out but stunk to high heaven. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.