Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,954 of 2,579 1 2 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 2578 2579
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Sighted in the .22-6mm and my .240 Wby today. Ready for coyotes now.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
3 solid days of antelope hunting in West Dakota, and these were the only two shooter bucks I saw in 486 miles on the truck (not counting the drive there or back)

This was the best one I saw, maybe 14", diggers weren't too good.
[Linked Image]
I came up around the back of that hill. Belly crawled the last 30 yards and popped up the decoy. He got about 40 yards out and stayed halfway between him and his 6 does. One of his does tried to run off, so when he was busy playing 'cutting horse' I pulled the decoy and ran at his other does (I had nothing to lose) I scattered his 5 other does and he was more concerned with rounding them up than stomping the piss out of my decoy. Finally he just followed all the does once they had enough of my [bleep] and ran.... On to a ranch I didn't have permission to hunt...

Shooter buck number two. He had just the one doe with him... This was north of the highway.
[Linked Image]
Travis knows the area well. He made it WAY too easy to gt up on them. He kept pushing his one doe down into a little depression along this coulee, and stayed inside about a 100 yard circle. I snuck into some sage brush about 80 yards away, then waited until his doe came up close (about 20 yards away) then popped up the decoy. She freaked the [bleep] out and ran off with him in tow.... I never saw them again.... They flat hid inside of a gopher hole or something.

Still a little early in the rut to piss one off good enough to fight. The bucks I saw, none of them were exhibiting very aggressive behavior. Numbers on the Hi-line are the worst I've ever seen. The last time I decoyed goats for a buddy there was before we had 900 tags. We hunted one ranch for 2 days, and I had him 2 dozen oportunities to shoot before he tagged about a 13"er. It'll be a while before we have days like that again. I love that more broken topography in region 6 though. You need that for bowhunting... I still had fun....

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
love jalepenos

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Greek-O....is it you my friend?.....

[Linked Image]

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Oh [bleep] my eyes are puking! Someone quickly right this thread with some FEMALE T&A it's heading in the wrong direction!

IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
elkhunterman, did you get that other 22-6mm yet??? My pal busted a big coyote yesterday on the way home from work.. First coyote we have seen or shot at in quite a while.. Our coyote numbers are way down as is everything else but elk.

Molon Labe
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Not yet,hoping to send the action off in November to get it barreled.Then gathering up the stock,Talley Lightweight rings and scope.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
ELMER YOU'RE BACK!! cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DanAdair
3 solid days of antelope hunting in West Dakota, and these were the only two shooter bucks I saw in 486 miles on the truck (not counting the drive there or back)

This was the best one I saw, maybe 14", diggers weren't too good.
[Linked Image]
I came up around the back of that hill. Belly crawled the last 30 yards and popped up the decoy. He got about 40 yards out and stayed halfway between him and his 6 does. One of his does tried to run off, so when he was busy playing 'cutting horse' I pulled the decoy and ran at his other does (I had nothing to lose) I scattered his 5 other does and he was more concerned with rounding them up than stomping the piss out of my decoy. Finally he just followed all the does once they had enough of my [bleep] and ran.... On to a ranch I didn't have permission to hunt...

Shooter buck number two. He had just the one doe with him... This was north of the highway.
[Linked Image]
Travis knows the area well. He made it WAY too easy to gt up on them. He kept pushing his one doe down into a little depression along this coulee, and stayed inside about a 100 yard circle. I snuck into some sage brush about 80 yards away, then waited until his doe came up close (about 20 yards away) then popped up the decoy. She freaked the [bleep] out and ran off with him in tow.... I never saw them again.... They flat hid inside of a gopher hole or something.

Still a little early in the rut to piss one off good enough to fight. The bucks I saw, none of them were exhibiting very aggressive behavior. Numbers on the Hi-line are the worst I've ever seen. The last time I decoyed goats for a buddy there was before we had 900 tags. We hunted one ranch for 2 days, and I had him 2 dozen oportunities to shoot before he tagged about a 13"er. It'll be a while before we have days like that again. I love that more broken topography in region 6 though. You need that for bowhunting... I still had fun....

I assume you're hunting trad bow?

What's your range limit?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crossbow I think Mojo.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're joking, right?!? shocked

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hand knapped flint heads. cane arrows, hummingbird feathers, vas deferens from many bull elk kills for the string. grin

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gruff, you keep talking like that and, well, don't turn your back on your "friends". Just sayin'....

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm a big target. laffin

I'm also a dick. Or so I've been told.

Anybody wanna buy a suburban?

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Elmer, you're doing it all wrong. To be fair I know you've been away and maybe need a refresher on the ways of the BTE, so....

Here's how we do it on the BTE.........

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
BTW just watched Olympus Has Fallen with the boy.

[bleep] awesome flick. Honest to God foreign entity bad guys! True blue American heroism wins the day. And for the Debbi Downers, yeah, having Morgan Freeman as the Sec of State gives a snapshot of how [bleep] we really would be with Pelosi or some other Cali [bleep] or Masshole congressman as the #3.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Elmer, another thing about the BTE, and this is a personal plea that you take our sage advice to heart, when we tell you you're doing it wrong....it's sort of like we're trying to help you not crash.

It's what friends are for.

YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG!!!
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, that's one I wanna see.

I didn't know they had theaters in Montana? Wow.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rented it on the dish.

But there is a theatre in town. grin

Only go to that for big to do's with the fambly.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, kids 'n popcorn make the big screen.

I am..........disturbed.

Page 1,954 of 2,579 1 2 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (163bc, 240NMC, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 160user, 35 invisible), 1,307 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,532
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.