Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
since the word "supernatural" was brought into play on this thread, I thought i'd just interject a Story that I had heard.

I wasn't there, nor was the person who recounted the event to me. but, he had heard it directly from people who were close to the actual people present at the event.

he elucidated the event so fully, and confidently, that I just knew he was serious about it. he believed it actually happened. in fact, he was certain of it as he could be. it seems it was related to the dead man's family that just couldn't bear to see him pass. so they procured a Faith Healer who set about to resurrect him. he kept praying and healing until the dead man came back to life. now, that's all I know, but I was sure told that Story by someone who believed fervently that it did happen.

I think you need to get some sleep, this story sounds just like your last one.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Derby Dude
Studying science was one of the defining moments of my becoming a Deist.

Mine was when I sat down and actually read the Bible.

I've read the Bible from cover to cover a few times. I've even read the Book of Mormon just for the heck of it. I've been educated to some degree in Catholic schools of the old Tridentine Latin Rite. All that did was turn me atheist. Science turned me back to the "First Cause", the "Creator", Deity, "The Supreme Ultimate", etc. and I became a Deist.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Derby Dude
Studying science was one of the defining moments of my becoming a Deist.

Mine was when I sat down and actually read the Bible.

That did it for me as well.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
What I find most interesting here is the "God didn't" views.

Saying that assumes you know more than God.

Your original quote implied a thinking God. As you saying your version of God does not include sentience or thought?

Again, the conclusion that God is defined using constraints we must apply due to the limitations of our own ability to perceive.

Good thing we have sparks or we wouldn't believe in electricity - yes I am saying that you declare proof of something - but if it is beyond your ability to perceive, well you are screwed. You can't feel electrify in a battery but you can test for it.

Try it?

I can operate a volt meter....what's your point?

You made my point for me - You can't build a God "meter" because you don't know what you are looking for (not you personally).
We only knew to build volt meters because we knew what we were looking for.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
But most of have a built in BS meter. Just read the Bible, and see how long it is before yours starts going off.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.