Excellent, Dwayne!

LOTS of great pictures on this thread!

John

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This possibly has to be the best thread I've seen on the forum! I love seeing kids out there doin' it, and girls enjoying some Dad time is even better. Well done guys. Utahlefty those are the coolest pic's, certainly show hunting as hunting, very fortunate young lady.

Guide/Outfitter, NZ Backcountry Guides, fishing and hunting since 1985
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My wee 4 year old caught her first fish this summer on her first ever cast no less. now, every morning at camp she wants to get up early to head for the dock so we can go fishing.

she was sorely disappointed mommy and daddy didn't get moose tags this year.

lovin this thread.

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats to the OP and the girls on their antelope. Two teenage girls being "quiet", well that's got to be entertaining to say the least. (grin)

Keeping with the spirit of the thread, here are my two girls in a pose from last year.

[Linked Image]

It was my 7yr old's first deer and my 3yr old's first time to go hunting. I figure the deer had to have a death wish, as quiet was hard to come by that morning.....

[Linked Image]

We had this year's youth opener last weekend and struck out, as turkeys moved in and ran off our deer that morning. Even so, it was cool to sit within spitting distance of three big gobblers.

Now with even more aplomb
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The effort is worth it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ckr
It sure is refreshing to see others raising them right too. Someday some guys (future son-in-laws) out there are going to thank the hell out of us for creating sane, down to earth women. Plenty of room for both the girly stuff and outdoor fun too. Even if they don't become rabid hunters like me at least they have been exposed to and participated enough to gain an understanding, which in my humble opinion goes as far as anything to make for well rounded, happy, respectful human beings - boys or girls. I'm just a little partial to the girls grin

Might be hard finding suitable boys. Manly men with their heads and faith screwed on straight are in short supply it seems.

I worry about my two girls finding good guys.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and here is an up and coming young huntress sitting on her dads shoulders that turned 2 on Sunday......really love my nieces
[Linked Image]

last Christmas i had to buy this niece a stuffed animal deer head to put on her bedroom wall so she would have one like her dads laugh
[Linked Image]
http://www.blackforestdecor.com/carwms309.html

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
ckr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by ckr
It sure is refreshing to see others raising them right too. Someday some guys (future son-in-laws) out there are going to thank the hell out of us for creating sane, down to earth women. Plenty of room for both the girly stuff and outdoor fun too. Even if they don't become rabid hunters like me at least they have been exposed to and participated enough to gain an understanding, which in my humble opinion goes as far as anything to make for well rounded, happy, respectful human beings - boys or girls. I'm just a little partial to the girls grin

Might be hard finding suitable boys. Manly men with their heads and faith screwed on straight are in short supply it seems.

I worry about my two girls finding good guys.

I worry the same, just have to trust I guess that the role models they've had will point them in the right direction. Pickins' sure are getting slim though for the criteria you mentioned. I've jokingly (only half) commented to my wife and both girls that there's going to be a real problem after we've invested all this time and effort if someone shows up with a metrosexual in tow.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Outstanding !!

Congrats to the 3 of you !

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My little sister is as girly as they come but she loves going out hunting, shooting, and fishing

Last weekend snagging salmon
[Linked Image]

Abby's 2012 buck that she shot at 250 yards. Dad somehow missed him at 175 a few days before.
[Linked Image]

Her 2012 doe she shot during the 2 day youth season last year
[Linked Image]

Abby's 2011 buck
[Linked Image]

Youth season a couple years ago
[Linked Image]

Abby's 1st buck
[Linked Image]

Blood on the cheeks from her first buck. She shot him from the top of the hill in the background
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/DSCN4445.jpg[/img]

Preseason target practice before her first hunting season
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/Summer2010046.jpg[/img]

I can't remember what year this was but I got her out of school early and we went antelope hunting
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/abbyandme.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/abby2.jpg[/img]

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Duck hunting a long time ago
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shed hunting
[Linked Image]

I'm excited for Thursday. Thursday and Friday is the 2 day youth deer season and this will be her last year to hunt during it since she is 15. We will have our annual Escanaba in da Moonlight movie night the night before season opens and Abby and I will be up bright and early looking for a deer!

The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know a lot of you have seen it but I forgot to add this video I got of Abby shooting her first buck

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To all sharing pics of their young ladies, thank you. Very nice and it is great to see them getting in on the action.

Well done to you all for getting them involved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
I know a lot of you have seen it but I forgot to add this video I got of Abby shooting her first buck

Watched that the first time you posted and multiple times after, great video! Still cant figure out what she says at the 2:00 mark...lol. Nothing like family gettin things done!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pahick

Watched that the first time you posted and multiple times after, great video! Still cant figure out what she says at the 2:00 mark...lol. Nothing like family gettin things done!

She was quoting the Jimmer off of Escanaba in da moonlight lol. If you have never seen it, it's hilarious! She had just watched it the night before

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best thread ever! Ive got two little girls..5 and 2. I think they are going to be killers!:)
[Linked Image]

Life is hard,its even harder when you are stupid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

She was quoting the Jimmer off of Escanaba in da moonlight lol. If you have never seen it, it's hilarious! She had just watched it the night before

lmao! now it makes sense. laugh

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Fine looking antelope buck and BEAUTIFUL young ladies.Congrats

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 817 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.