Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I picked up a Red hawk rifles M40 in 308 a few months ago. Its been a pretty decent shooter so far with a few loads but I haven't done much shooting past 100 yards with it until today. It has 26" 1-12 twist barrel with wyatt detachable magazine and 6.5-24 Ziess conquest with mil dot.
[Linked Image]

I had worked up a load that shot really well at 100 yards. 168gr Berger VLD hunting with IMR 4895 for 2650fps with standard deviations in the low teens to single digits. Not a speed demon but was turning in some really impressive groups at 100 yards. I thought that I had it all dailed in until today. It started out well, here is two 5 shot groups at 100 yards.
[Linked Image]

Moved it back to 200 yards and shot two more 3 shot groups. It was matching up to my estimated corrections and was still shooting pretty decent.
[Linked Image]

Then I shot it at 300 yards. The groups really opened up. This was a 5 shot group and after seeing how spread out it was I shot three more to see if a pattern would start to appear. a second 5 shot group at 300 was even worse, with a verticle spread of 5 and 4-5" wide. [Linked Image]

What in the world could cause it to fall apart like that? I don't think it was me because I shot some pretty impressive groups today with my 300 RUM turning in 1.25-1.5" groups at the same range.

I wonder if maybe the 1-12 twist isn't quite stabilizing the 168 VLD and its cause it to destablize somewhere past 200 yards. I'm really at a loss why it would just fall apart like that. I really expected it to shoot 2-2.5" after how well it was shooting at 1 and 2 hundred yards.

Any insight you all may have will be appreciated.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You aren't Twistchow,you are Bergerchow.

Go 155 Scenar,never look back and thank me later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
^^^^^What he said.....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I doubt it's twist by itself. The same bullet shoots quite well at 300 yards for me out of several 12" twist rifles.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Go back to 100 and see if the scope took a [bleep] on you.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Was there ANY wind when you shot at 300????

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by REDGUN
Was there ANY wind when you shot at 300????

wind isn't the reason for that....

815 yd group..the wind was blowing...pard shooting my rifle..

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Odd...I've yet to see any scenario,in which the wind was an "advantage".

Though in fairness,Bergers do blow on the average.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Boxer

A strong tailwind is a wonderful thing with a 308 Win.....grin.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Josh, on a serious note, my Rem 1/12 308 shot the 210 Bergers very well. I'd be surprised if there were stability issues with the 168.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Agree with the 155 Scenar suggestion.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would try increasing your powder charge , if that doesnt work try different bullets

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

A strong tailwind is a wonderful thing with a 308 Win.....grin.

Mebbe that tailwind and a 500yd shot,that starts at 5500' and ends at 4000'.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My experience with the VLD's are just the opposite; tight groups at long range and ugly ones at close range.

I'm guessing it has to do with the range chosen for initial development. I shoot long range Audette Ladders and choose the load from them, then shoot at close range to tune with depth.

Did you do all the development at 100?

If so, try starting over either by shooting long range groups with incremental charge weights or an Audette at long range. Use the OAL that they one-hole at 100 with.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never seen a Berger as forgiving as a Scenar.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lil Fish,

Well built rifles with proper throat geometry don't require "forgiving" bullets. cool

I have yet to see an advantage to a lower BC in LR shooting but I suppose if you are running substandard equipment the Scenar might be your only option.

Get yourself a good barrel and have someone with a clue chamber it and your VLD issues will disappear.

Struggle on. laugh

Love and Kisses
John

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Burns,

You are indeed an incredibly stupid dumbfhuck. I always enjoy your "Proprietary" Delusions and your Snake Oil Fabrications,as that schit is hilarious!

"Oddly" enough the Scenar I cited,has a better BC than the Berger cited by the OP and boasts a 13gr velocity headstart. I realize that such glaring constants exceed your "comprehension" and eloquently attests,that people who "know" as "much" as you,will do well to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same. Hint.

Feel free to regale me with your Secret Squirrel barrels,their chamber particulars and more of your uncanny "insight". Looking forward to the excuses.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"Oddly" enough the Scenar I cited,has a better BC than the Berger cited by the OP and boasts a 13gr velocity headstart. I realize that such glaring constants exceed your "comprehension" and eloquently attests,that people who "know" as "much" as you,will do well to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same. Hint.

Lil Fish,

"Oddly" enough you are once more talking out your ass. laugh Feel free to regal us all with Lapua add copy you read on the internet. That won't change the Scenars real world G1 BC from 0.460.

While you are at it please post a few more pictures of those fine rifles of yours that need "forgiving" bullets. grin

You make me smile.

Love and Kisses
John

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Burn's,

I'll feign my "surprise" at your Secret Squirrel Build "particulars".

What's a "regal"...is it akin to Majestic?!? Laffin'!

I've yet to own an erector that tossed cookies,nor a reticle that subtends in favorable accords,in regards to a boolit make/model.

You are doing "great". No wonder you keep getting throwed out on your ass,trying to peddle Snake Oil.

Laffin'.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Burn's,
What's a "regal"...is it akin to Majestic?!? Laffin'!

Laffin'.

I guess it is only fair you school me on spelling while I school you on ballistics. grin

I never was much good in English class and never won a spelling bee but on occasion I seem to have a knack for making a bullet go to just the right spot. We all have our strengths and you are well advised to keep playing to yours. You seem to get out of your lane somewhat on the shooting side. cool

Burn's,
I've yet to own an erector that tossed cookies.

I feel flatter at how closely you have been following my posts. I didn't miss the plywood shack references either.

Thanks buddy for caring. laugh

Love and Kisses
John

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I love it when you show your stupidity stick..........nothing but an arrogant dumbphuck most times you post...keep it up putz..you are at the least mildly funny.. but questionable at that. If you have 50 cents...buy a better life... cause you couldn't hold a candle to northwestalaska's or obongrels existence...and I despise those two like schit from hell...lose the tude bitch...or [bleep] off and die...no diff to me Pinocchio

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lil Fish,

Well built rifles with proper throat geometry don't require "forgiving" bullets. cool

I have yet to see an advantage to a lower BC in LR shooting but I suppose if you are running substandard equipment the Scenar might be your only option.

Get yourself a good barrel and have someone with a clue chamber it and your VLD issues will disappear.

Struggle on. laugh

Love and Kisses
John

John....would this be one of those "good" barrels your talking about?[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You aren't Twistchow,you are Bergerchow.

Go 155 Scenar,never look back and thank me later.

Even a blind hog.....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Burns,

I enjoy your Imagination,almost as much as you do. PLEASE use as much Imagination as you deem requisite and Pretend that I didn't comment here first,if only as per always. You poor poor dumbfhuck.

I'll again feign my "surprise" that the Secret Squirrel "particulars" will never surface and that Ballistics 101 reliably stumps you.

The only thing you are good at,is Pretend and Wining,that due undoubtedly to necessity. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by eh76

I love it when you show your stupidity stick..........nothing but an arrogant dumbphuck most times you post...keep it up putz..you are at the least mildly funny.. but questionable at that. If you have 50 cents...buy a better life... cause you couldn't hold a candle to northwestalaska's or obongrels existence...and I despise those two like schit from hell...lose the tude bitch...or [bleep] off and die...no diff to me Pinocchio

'76,

You Whining Do Nothing [bleep] are a [bleep] riot!

As per always,your best opening move is to [bleep] yourself,simply because you'll get the most poozy in sucha manner.

EXCEEDINGLY good call to Whine and give ALL things the rifle...a wide berth.

You go girl!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Back to the Ops original question.

You need to work your load up using a ladder test method at 300 or more yards or OCW at 100 yards. This will let you know where and accuracy node is due to barrel vibrations. Just because a load shoots good at short distance doesn't mean it will further out if it's not in a node.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

'76,

You Whining Do Nothing [bleep] are a [bleep] riot!

As per always,your best opening move is to [bleep] yourself,simply because you'll get the most poozy in sucha manner.

EXCEEDINGLY good call to Whine and give ALL things the rifle...a wide berth.

You go girl!

keep showin your ass dumbphuck...again you show know nothing of substance in your posting...you don't know [bleep] from shinola ...all you can do is cut and paste whiny bitch...hell Lee24 has more credibility than you putz..you aren't anything but a schitt stirrin troll...nothing but a [bleep]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jsthntn247
Back to the Ops original question.

You need to work your load up using a ladder test method at 300 or more yards or OCW at 100 yards. This will let you know where and accuracy node is due to barrel vibrations. Just because a load shoots good at short distance doesn't mean it will further out if it's not in a node.

this ^

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

keep showin your ass dumbphuck...again you show know nothing of substance in your posting...you don't know [bleep] from shinola ...all you can do is cut and paste whiny bitch...hell Lee24 has more credibility than you putz..you aren't anything but a schitt stirrin troll...nothing but a [bleep]

Hmmmmmm.......

Laffin'

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you need to stay away from the bottle pup.........it apparently turns you into a dipstick wannabe...not something you want to emulate in your upcoming career. You might even want to ask yourself why is big stick posting as boxer now...it is because he has been banned? wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'76,

How "loud" is your Imagination,when you shoot it?!?

How long do you have to Pretend,before it becomes "real"?!?

Allow me to frost your Imagination.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Whine and the excuses.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice google fu...that all you got loser? You are one screwed up bitch....follow your son's lead.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
........seriously....do the world a favor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
btw the NSA will love that pic ....they love you ammo hoarders with armories ............dumbass whiny bitch wannabe laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice google fu...that all you got loser? You are one screwed up bitch....follow your son's lead.............

Completely and utterly uncalled for. Complete horseshitt and you know it.

UFB that you would EVER say that to someone who went through that.

Have your differences but damn, that's low.

[bleep] classless.

Seriously - step back and think about what you just said. I sure hope you get a [bleep] grip on yourself.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by teal

Have your differences but damn, that's low.

[bleep] classless.

Like I [bleep] care teal...I am tired of this puke as are many others...you like him fine IDGAF. Sometimes you got to call a spade a spade and I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks. The guy is a detriment to this and any site he infests...I sincerely hope he sucks a glocksicle sooner than later. PC be [bleep].

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're no man.

Not at all.

Don't matter what I think about Larry but you call his kid's situation into something because you're butt hurt?

Your upbringing was seriously lacking.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
btw the NSA will love that pic ....they love you ammo hoarders with armories ............dumbass whiny bitch wannabe laugh

As someone who worked at the NSA - they don't care.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're no man.

Not at all.

Don't matter what I think about Larry but you call his kid's situation into something because you're butt hurt?

Teal I agree, there is something wrong with someone who will stoop to suck levels because they were shown to be a dumbphuc. Family attacks of anykind have no place here IMO.

Last edited by EddyBo; 10/27/13.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EddyBo
You're no man.

Not at all.

Teal I agree, there is something wrong with someone who will stoop to suck levels because they were shown to be a dumbphuc. Family attacks of anykind have no place here IMO.

I've been here over 10 years now. Seen a lot of idiots. This was the first I've ever put someone on ignore.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another POS just made my Ignore list.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

well ya can both take a flying leap ...you wanna be groupies go ahead . i am tired if the bullshitt.

FWIW I didn't attack family I told him he could follow the lead...so take a hike.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're no man.

Not at all.

I've been here over 10 years now. Seen a lot of idiots. This was the first I've ever put someone on ignore.

Thank you!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Another POS just made my Ignore list.

Thank you .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

well ya can both take a flying leap ...you wanna be groupies go ahead . i am tired if the bullshitt.

FWIW I didn't attack family I told him he could follow the lead...so take a hike.....

If calling an idiot an idiot makes me a "groupie" in your eyes, so be because I do not give a [bleep] what someone with your lack of character thinks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If calling an idiot an idiot makes me a "groupie" in your eyes, so be because I do not give a [bleep] what someone with your lack of character thinks.

Ain't about being a groupie - it's about respect for something like that.

Hate the man all you want but damn, respect his kid enough to shut your hole.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...and human.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I really don't care what you think. I am making a stand and I won't go back on it. I don't waffle like many here and I am no groupie. I don't GAF what people think, I am tired of the PC groupie coddling and stick is driving paying advertisters from this site. You guy swant to keep this place? Don't coddle asssholes like him. You don't like my stance put me on ignore..I'm ok with that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really don't care what you think. I am making a stand and I won't go back on it. I don't waffle like many here and I am no groupie. I don't GAF what people think, I am tired of the PC groupie coddling and stick is driving paying advertisters from this site. You guy swant to keep this place? Don't coddle asssholes like him. You don't like my stance put me on ignore..I'm ok with that.

You dont really care what people think........apparently you do, or you would not be stoooping to such a level. You are truly an idiot. How someone could get their feelers hurt enough to act that way because someone cuses them for being a dumbphuck is surely no the definition of do not care. If you did not care you would ignore it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gee kinda funny you guys put me on ignore but respond...grow some balls. put me on ignore and don't peek. Go love your stick....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never said I would put you on ignore....I love [bleep] idots, very entertaining to see the depths of human stupidity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You dont really care what people think........apparently you do, or you would not be stoooping to such a level. You are truly an idiot. How someone could get their feelers hurt enough to act that way because someone cuses them for being a dumbphuck is surely no the definition of do not care. If you did not care you would ignore it.
\

You obviously have no clue...I ain't butt hurt like you ...I am pissed cause this jackass is driving away the people that keep this site afloat...YOU are to dumb to see that..how many PM's you got from those contributors? GFY cause you are all blinded by your ignorance... PUT ME ON IGNORE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POSITION.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never said I would put you on ignore....I love [bleep] idots, very entertaining to see the depths of human stupidity.

You are a prime example apparently....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You dingbats ever wonder why dipstick has been banned more than once?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You dingbats ever wonder why dipstick has been banned more than once?

Because he puts sand in manginas, just like he has apparently dusted yours.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

...I am pissed cause this jackass is driving away the people that keep this site afloat....

I could see that happening, this place is the wild west when it comes to forums. I would say many here have already been banned from forums elsewhere. They have even cleaned up the hide some.

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Apparently you follow his rhetoric blindly..not a chance in hell...apparently your comprehension skill are low...from my post above...try to follow along please...I am pissed cause this jackass is driving away the people that keep this site afloat...YOU are to dumb to see that..how many PM's you got from those contributors?

Got to love the blind ignorance, incomprehension and sheer stupidity from some of you innanet guys...... crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by constructor

...I am pissed cause this jackass is driving away the people that keep this site afloat....

I could see that happening, this place is the wild west when it comes to forums. I would say many here have already been banned from forums elsewhere. They have even cleaned up the hide some.

Thank goodness someone reads and comprehends..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Uh dumbass never said anything bad about his kid other than stick should follow his lead.....so GFY and thank you for putting me on ignore buncha [bleep] PC pansies around here ......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apparently you follow his rhetoric blindly..not a chance in hell...apparently your comprehension skill are low...from my post above...try to follow along please...I am pissed cause this jackass is driving away the people that keep this site afloat...YOU are to dumb to see that..how many PM's you got from those contributors?

Got to love the blind ignorance, incomprehension and sheer stupidity from some of you innanet guys...... crazy

Apparently you are the one that does not get it. I am not supporting the guy you apparently have a man crush on....What you said was low and violates all common decency. Am I gonna ignore something like that just because he puts sand in your mangina...NO.
You are about as low as stuff I scrape off my shoes when I hose out the kennel. I do not give a [bleep] what your justifications are, it was uncalled for, and you are a phugger because of it.

Last edited by EddyBo; 10/27/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like I care what you think...put me on ignore then. I really DGAF what your opinion is. You couldn't buy a clue.....

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

A customer called fri and said he read through 24 pages of BS here before he figured out he could get the info from another forum. I stopped by to see what he was talking about. I can say without a doubt I would not waste advertising dollars here even if there is quite a bit of traffic.

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Uh dumbass never said anything bad about his kid other than stick should follow his lead.....so GFY and thank you for putting me on ignore buncha [bleep] PC pansies around here ......

Irony....love that irony chit. Stick is being chastised by you because he is not PC. Dumbphuck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...some of you are just to dumb to get it.....sad that...and you can't read or understand...you can have your opinion? But I can't voice mine? You must be liberals...GFY

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A customer called fri and said he read through 24 pages of BS here before he figured out he could get the info from another forum. I stopped by to see what he was talking about. I can say without a doubt I would not waste advertising dollars here even if there is quite a bit of traffic.

I will say the fire is not a suitable place for everyone, maybe you should just move along if you do not like the place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Irony....love that irony chit. Stick is being chastised by you because he is not PC. Dumbphuck.

see you can't comprehend...not what I said...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I will say the fire is not a suitable place for everyone, maybe you should just move along if you do not like the place.

Wow.............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...some of you are just to dumb to get it.....sad that...and you can't read or understand...you can have your opinion? But I can't voice mine? You must be liberals...GFY

You are more than welcome to voice your opinion and stamp your feet and curse and spit and play with yourself.....but even bringing up a family tragedy in the way you did marks you as a dumbphuck......I am entitled to my opinion too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK fine your opinion means [bleep] to me..in your opinion I am what you say you like....what you don't get is I don't care...bye!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand what your saying, just think you are a dumbarse because of it. Let us see if I understand.

You or some of your UBB buddies are butt hurt because Boxer called you a dumbphuck. So you appointed yourself forum sheriff. Then you went beyond common decency with some of your remarks and proved yourself a dumbphuck. I like calling dumbphucks dumbphucks and when I did you say people just do not understand....did I leave anything out dumbphuck?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never mind, I am going to bed, bet I still think you are a dumbphuck in the morning.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I don't plan on spending much time here for sure with you and your buddy Boxer handing out the welcome cards. Were both of you banned from the hide?

Last edited by constructor; 10/27/13. Reason: r

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Constructor, you might need thicker skin. I was stating a fact, the fire is not a place for the faint of heart. Maybe a moderated site would be more your speed. I try to help people and rarely get bogged in BS like this. In all sincerity and with all respect, maybe you should find somewhere more your speed. Best of luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You need to put the bottle down and try to comprehend...you blindness is really appalling...call me what you want, believe what you want...but give up the booze as your logic in screwed up. Your alcoholic anger has you trapped as does your ignorance. geez. You need to step back and read what you type..I don't have any UBB buddies giving me inspiration but you might ..your assumptions are the mothers of all [bleep] sir. You are typing in blind madness...try to actually comprehend please.

Facts:

I don't care what boxer/dipstick calls me. Nor do I care what you or anyone else does. OK?

He is driving away paying clients from this website.

So are you with comments to potential clients like that above

You are blind with rage and cannot comprehend what others are trying too say.

I did not appoint myself forum sheriff..I voiced my opinion.

I do hope dipstick/boxer crawls out of his bottle and leaves by any means he has to his use......

Comprehend this?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never mind, I am going to bed, bet I still think you are a dumbphuck in the morning.

and the feeling is quite mutual.............

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Constructor, you might need thicker skin. I was stating a fact, the fire is not a place for the faint of heart. Maybe a moderated site would be more your speed. I try to help people and rarely get bogged in BS like this. In all sincerity and with all respect, maybe you should find somewhere more your speed. Best of luck.

I've been on the same 2 forums since 2007 and rarely read anywhere else, 6mmBR and 68forums. This place is a [bleep] hole even when compared to arfcom, I can't figure out why there is as much traffic as there is.
It seems as if there are NO rules...none, yet here we are in a thread yakking about someone saying something thought to be disrespectful.
If there are no rules take off the gloves and go for it. I'm sure many will stop by just for the entertainment. Those looking for knowledge would need to go elsewhere but for pure entertainment this is some funny [bleep]. What goes around comes around. Anyone standing close will get splattered too but that is what happens when you hang around people slinging [bleep].

Last edited by constructor; 10/27/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No argument here.... I stay for the few good ones left. Unlike most here I have met many good people in person. Apparently some that I haven't actually met but thought were good people aren't worth spit...gotta love the self righteous tho....even if they have been in the bottle a bit too much.....fuggem

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
No argument here.... I stay for the few good ones left. Unlike most here I have met many good people in person. Apparently some that I haven't actually met but thought were good people aren't worth spit...gotta love the self righteous tho....even if they have been in the bottle a bit too much.....fuggem

Most people come to forums to find good information. On most forums some people try to help by giving good info. Up until 2007 there was a bunch of industry guys and gunsmiths that posted on arfcom. There was a lot of good advice being passed around and the members would repeat it. It got to the point that the idiots that thought they knew something about guns would argu with the industry guys. The industry pros got tired of wasting their time trying to teach people something and quit posting. Now none of the industry hangs out there and it's one bad suggestion after another. When everyone figures out it's all BS they move on to another site where they can get good info. No one likes to be jumped for asking a simple question.
Like the guy said, it may be best for me to move on. Good luck with being ethical in a war where there are no rules.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a sad state of Affairs when a thread on a specific topic is started. Then out of the blue, Boxer, Larry, Big Stick who else? shows up and decides the thread was not his original idea and suggests a completely new direction of the topic.

When he is called on this, he turns loose with a tirade of vulgar sexually explicit comments and then ends with the folks on the thread being whiners.

No part of the original content was added to by larry, or addressed, or improved with his comments. Just that everyone involved is stupid with the use of disgusting vulgar disrespectful terms.

I suppose I was mistaken what this place was. I guess it's more like a bar where any drunk can pitch up and blather on about whatever he wants, butting into conversations where he is adding nothing and nobody cares about the opinions or irrelevant comments.

One thing to consider though. Doing this with paying advertisers, and the people on the staff will be a step over the line. Let the games begin I suppose.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JJhack, I do not disagree with anything you say, but he has the right, at least until the powers that be take it.
What I cannot ever begin to agree with is EH76s statement regarding boxer's family, and if you agree with it then something is missing in you too. Anyone who gets worked up enough to stoop to such levels must not have much of a life. Two wrongs do not make a right. As good as some folks are at deflecting you would thik they are yellow dogs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think you actually need to read and comprehend..but you won't. I am done with this subject, you and several others here.

Most of you guys need to get out of the bar or bottle...then get out and get some sunshine and fresh air.

You don't know anything about me and that is the way it will stay. All you know is what is typed here. Adios.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you actually need to read and comprehend..but you won't. I am done with this subject, you and several others here.

Most of you guys need to get out of the bar or bottle...then get out and get some sunshine and fresh air.

You don't know anything about me and that is the way it will stay. All you know is what is typed here. Adios.

Your words told me everything I want or need to know about you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

1) You need to step back and read what you type.

2) He is driving away paying clients from this website.

#1 is ironic, coming from you after what you said earlier. You're the one who needs to step back and chill out.

#2 will be your business when you own the website. Until then, it's none of yours.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What a cowardly [bleep] heel you've turned out to be.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Lower than whale [bleep].

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'76,

You Whining Clueless [bleep]...here's to the sanctity of your brazen crusade,to take Dumbfhucktitude to places it's never been before.

Looking forward to your next Whine. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
....follow your son's lead.............

Say what you will about the man, but dragging this to light is beyond reprehensible.

Congratulations on making it to the top of the Campfire Dumbphuck list.

hangunnr

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kunstructor,

Only YOU,can prevent you...from saying something [bleep] stupid. It is a fascinating approach,that you are powerless in that refrain and then feel compelled to Whine about it.

You poor poor Clueless Dumbphucks are a riot!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JJHACK
It's a sad state of Affairs when a thread on a specific topic is started. Then out of the blue, Boxer, Larry, Big Stick who else? shows up and decides the thread was not his original idea and suggests a completely new direction of the topic.

When he is called on this, he turns loose with a tirade of vulgar sexually explicit comments and then ends with the folks on the thread being whiners.

No part of the original content was added to by larry, or addressed, or improved with his comments. Just that everyone involved is stupid with the use of disgusting vulgar disrespectful terms.

I suppose I was mistaken what this place was. I guess it's more like a bar where any drunk can pitch up and blather on about whatever he wants, butting into conversations where he is adding nothing and nobody cares about the opinions or irrelevant comments.

One thing to consider though. Doing this with paying advertisers, and the people on the staff will be a step over the line. Let the games begin I suppose.

JJ,

You've really perfected your Whine as of late. Congratulations?!?

The most hilarious part is,specifics were plainly cited,but your gross ineptitude and copious ignorance,precludes you any inkling to that glaring obvious. Now THAT is some seriously funny schit and upon many levels!

WTF can you ever add,besides a Whine? Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always going to be well served by asking questions...instead of "giving" answers. PLEASE find me "mistaken". I suggest you holster your cluelessness and hurt feelers,then take notes and apply same.

You are doing "great".

Wow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wow, interesting selective outrage.

The guy insults the time I spend with my son.....silence. Fine by me. I can always take the little guy fishing in Alaska someday, but Stick will always be an uncouth, foul-mouthed, abrasive ass.

But.....say anything back to the foul-mouth drunk, and it's suddenly "un-frigg'n believable???" What a joke.

Did you stop to ponder if maybe his acting like he does had something to do with what he "went through?"

The guy knows his way around rifles. Everyone realizes that. It sure as hell doesn't mean he's a good person or a good parent, and, with the way he goes after people, it sure isn't "unbelievable" that someone would take shots back.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

Your insecurities are very well founded and your Whines always entertaining.

You'll haveta pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. I get a kick out of you Do Nothing [bleep] and the fascinating tales of all the things you almost did,all the the wares you almost had and all the places you've almost been.

Hilarious schit,that you can concoct your incredible [bleep] stupidity as being a "shot"...though in fairness,the only thing you shoot is your Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoalie,

Your insecurities are very well founded and your Whines always entertaining.

You'll haveta pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. I get a kick out of you Do Nothing [bleep] and the fascinating tales of all the things you almost did,all the the wares you almost had and all the places you've almost been.

Hilarious schit,that you can concoct your incredible [bleep] stupidity as being a "shot"...though in fairness,the only thing you shoot is your Imagination.

Bless your heart.

If I were you, I would take the time to become as awesome a parent as you (think you) are a rifleman, instead of spending the time here being an ass to strangers.

Hint

wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

You are a far bigger ass to yourself,than I could ever be. Bless your heart. Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Whine,fabulous excuses and the fascinating tales of your Pavement Pounding Pursuits.

You Day Dreaming Do Nothing [bleep] are a riot!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep look'n for the bottom of that bottle Stick. I heard that there's a "Parent of the Year" award down there somewhere.

Me, I'll go to the corn maze with my kid any day of the week over the things you consider "real."

In fact, doing things you think are a joke is probably good advice for anyone wanting their kid(s) to grow up happy, healthy and wise.

Hint

wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by goalie

The guy insults the time I spend with my son.....silence.

Did you stop to ponder if maybe his acting like he does had something to do with what he "went through?"

Goalie: The two situations are not remotely comparable.

Hopefully, you realize that. If you don't, I pity you.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please and continue to do so aloud...because it's [bleep] hilarious.

Looking forward to the fascinating details of them Pavement Pounding Pursuits.

Laffin'!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Me, I'll go to the corn maze with my kid any day of the week over the things you consider "real."

And yet, here you are, making a big deal out of those very same things, i.e., the back-and-forth BS between two strangers on the internet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

I want your pity as much as I want Stick's approval.

Thanks though.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'pole,

She's doing "great".

Laffin'!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pity is not something you can ask for or refuse.

It's something you earn.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

Mebbe mention that you "don't care".

Wow +P+.

Laffin'!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

It's something you earn.

Nope.

WAY funnier,when she asks for it.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's something you earn.

Right back at ya.

wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks though.

You have my pity as well for your lack of class and deceny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks though.

You have my pity as well for your lack of class and deceny.

Sweet. I can start a collection.

Someday it will be as big as stick's empy-bottle collection. That'll be something to see for sure.....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
eh76, you really are a dickhead for making that comment. No way to spin it otherwise.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

Ain't it a [bleep] riot,that of all the things you can Imagine to Pretend...results ain't one of 'em?!?

Bless your heart.

Lafin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do parenting results matter too?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoalie,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please.

Bless your heart.

Cool. I am gonna "pretend" that you don't treat your family like you treat everyone here.

Probably ain't true, but it'll be fun to pretend.

wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

Try Pretending that you ain't a clueless dumbfhuck.

Betcha' can't.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Akin to my not getting giddy over a trip to Arkansas,to catch a 1 pound Crappie or cut a 12" tree down.

I was just laughing reading a thread where this "Big Stick" dude was wuss'n out on actually backing up his "I ain't never met someone who could shoot a rifle better than me" claim, and ran across this. Considering his likely alcohol-induced rant against my spelling "Crappie" instead of "Crappy" I found it really funny.

Laff'n

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoalie,

You poor poor illiterate boob,you were fishing Crappy...not "Crappie". Laffin'!

You really are doing "great",perhaps consider Whining in repeat,the echo of dumbfhucktitude is [bleep] hilarious. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

I don't care who you are, that is some funny stuff. I am glad I don't lie/drink so much I can't even remember what I type.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wow, interesting selective outrage.

But.....say anything back to the foul-mouth drunk, and it's suddenly "un-frigg'n believable???" What a joke.

Wow way to put yourself out there as a total douchebag!!!""

Stick giving you a ration of chit about how you spent time with your son some how makes its okay for eh76 or you to bring up a horrible spot in sticks past and make comments about it.

Your butthurt he flipped you chit so its somehow his fault that his son made that [bleep] choice? Give me a [bleep] break did you bump your fat head or something? Your a spinless pussy to even allude the 2 could possibly be connected or that Stick has ever said anything approaching that level.

I don't pity you I pity your son.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Considering his likely alcohol-induced rant against my spelling "Crappie" instead of "Crappy" I found it really funny.

I feel compelled to point out that ... ah, nevermind

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Your butthurt he flipped you chit so its somehow his fault that his son made that [bleep] choice?

Would seem that you're the one "butthurt."

Just an observation.

wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Stick giving you a ration of chit about how you spent time with your son some how makes its okay for eh76 or you to bring up a horrible spot in sticks past and make comments about it.

Funny thing is, I was reading that thread, and boxer didn't give goalie a ration of [bleep] about spending time with his son. You can read their exchange right here:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8154752/18

Boxer was busting on goalie's other pastimes, which did not include fishing with his son until goalie chose to insert that into the conversation. Looks to me like he wedged that in there for his own purposes, whatever those were.

And then whined that nobody would say anything to back him up on his point.

What a pu**y.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The funniest part of this whole thing.... is all you guys getting butt hurt by some guy's words on a computer screen. Don't judge someone.... just because they sin differently than you....

How many of you whiners have actuly had a conversation with 'stick?

How many of you have asked him a legitimate question via PM or email?

How many of you have a quarter of as many pics of your kids and pards with dead stuff?

For what it's worth.... I shot 'stick a PM with a couple questions about Blacktail deer last week. We had a great conversation, and he gave me a couple tips. We put two nice bucks in the dirt in two days.... thanks to some of that advice.

The man is crass.... and can be a downright azz hole. But the general dumbfuckitude of the population around here, combined with the lack of reading comprehension and deductive reasoning skills.... has led to a bit more jaded and less tolerant Larry.... I kinda think it's funny.

eh76.... WTF man? That ain't you.... stoopin to such levels. Don't like the guy... that's fine.... but if you'd have said that about my family.... I'd be going for a drive.... and we'd be rolling in your front yard. I hope you suck a class-cicle sometime soon.... "Making a Stand".... please, my four year old "makes a stand" all the time when she doesn't get something she wants..... this seems kinda like that.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What a pu**y.

Thanks for noticing. I aspire to be as hard-core as Sticky and his harem are on the internet, but can't quite muster it up. Maybe someday.....

Laff'n

You're right though, reading it back, it does sound a little whiny. What I meant to say was more of a "you guys are pathetic losers for excusing that type of behavior simply because someone knows how to run a rifle as well as he runs his suck."

What level of behavior wouldn't be excused by his "expertise?" Sadly, I figure that, to some one here, no behavior would be too bad.

In the end, someone who claims to have never met someone who could shoot better than he does declining a free trip to go demonstrate his ability against someone he is throwing insults at, well, THAT'S a pussy.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You should read dogshooter's post above. Then go get some preparation H for your hurt butt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beats needing vagisil like his harem

(Hint)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did you really bring up your son so you could get the conversation where it ended up?

Do you always whine this much when a complete stranger says mean things on the internet? You have such a command of whines, I bet they call you "The Sommelier."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you really bring up your son so you could get the conversation where it ended up?

Do you always whine this much when a complete stranger says mean things on the internet? You have such a command of whines, I bet they call you "The Sommelier."

That is funny, thanks for the laugh.

(it's funny to be called a whiner in a post by someone whining about what I posted)

Stick said what he did, I said what I did. Does he need your assistance our something, because whining by proxy isn't any better than doing it yourself....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nah, he doesn't need my assistance, and just so you know, that wasn't a question. Get it now?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone who gets that upset about an internet forum needs one of these

[Linked Image]

I have never even seen a post by goalie so I assume he is just another dumbphuck but was pretty surprised by EH76 I always thought he was a pretty good dude until then.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is funny, thanks for the laugh.

(it's funny to be called a whiner in a post by someone whining about what I posted)

Stick said what he did, I said what I did. Does he need your assistance our something, because whining by proxy isn't any better than doing it yourself....

Even more funny is you have no clue as to what a Sommelier is!

I'm ROTFLMAO!

Smoke!

Please stop! I'm laughing so hard the last few days reading your posts that my abs are getting ripped without sit-ups!

Last edited by rcamuglia; 10/29/13.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You should see mine. I crack myself up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Would seem that you're the one "butthurt."

Just an observation.

wink

Nope not butthurt at all just pointing out that your a spineless pussy and douchebag to allude that a teenagers suicide is funny to you or somehow his fathers fault.

Its always been pretty much fair game to say what you will about another man, we all have big shoulders and can take it. Peoples spouses and kids have ALWAYS been off limits. I didnt think it needed said that family tragedies are also off limits.

I always thought you and EH were good guys but after this tirade and twisting of what occurred you are both lower then the cow chit I scraped off my boots this morning after actually hunting.

Tasteless and tactless you clearly are [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogshooter],

The funniest part of this whole thing.... is all you guys getting butt hurt by some guy's words on a computer screen.

eh76.... WTF man? That ain't you.... stoopin to such levels. Don't like the guy... that's fine.... but if you'd have said that about my family.... I'd be going for a drive.... and we'd be rolling in your front yard.

Do I see some inconsistency here? What were you posting about "words on a computer screen"?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman

Do I see some inconsistency here? What were you posting about "words on a computer screen"?

Maybe I'm just wired funny but I don't see what dogshooter said as inconsistent at all.

He was commenting about people getting mad at what Stick says directly about them. I can not recall Larry ever making even one post here degrading someoned spouse or children.

People making light of Sticks son committing suicide is a while mother bowl of wax in my mind and lacks any modicum of decency or decorum.

I know your no fan of Larry but surely you don't agree that those comments were fair game or anything else but chickenshit.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MallardAddict,

He yips about someone getting upset a what they posted. And then he gets upset about what someone posted.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm not upset.... talk all the schitt about me you want.... call me a [bleep] for shooting a .270.... whatever. But... leave kids out of it. Period. That's asking to fight... and there's not near enough people getting b1tch slapped anymore as far as I'm concerned....

I could care less how Larry, or anyone else, feels or says about me or my schitt. But you wanna go classless, and pull rough family stuff in.... all because you got butt hurt about cartridge comparisons and internet courtesy? Then, to top it all off.... call for moderator involvement... seriously? Thats lower than low... that's some Democrat kind of crap there.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I'm not upset.... talk all the schitt about me you want.... call me a [bleep] for shooting a .270.... whatever. But... leave kids out of it. Period. That's asking to fight... and there's not near enough people getting b1tch slapped anymore as far as I'm concerned....

I could care less how Larry, or anyone else, feels or says about me or my schitt. But you wanna go classless, and pull rough family stuff in.... all because you got butt hurt about cartridge comparisons and internet courtesy? Then, to top it all off.... call for moderator involvement... seriously? Thats lower than low... that's some Democrat kind of crap there.

If someone cannot see the difference, maybe they are blind.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I always thought you and EH were good guys but after this tirade and twisting of what occurred you are both lower then the cow chit I scraped off my boots this morning after actually hunting.

Did you call the cows in or spot and stalk?

243 or 25-06?

Shoulder shot or heart-lung?

Dave

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman

I can not recall Larry ever making even one post here degrading someoned spouse or children.

not to be contrary there Mallard... but yes he has...

I was very impressed of what you posted of his generosity on offering to send you some rifle stocks to test fit...an other stories from people I know and trust...but I still don't know why he has to be the way he is on line here.. except to cover up some major inferiority complex issues...

but yes, in his exchanges, he has pulled in spouses and children of other forum members...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm going to step out on a limb here...haven't read all the bs and I am not going too...now one thing up front...I don't care if you want to put me on ignore...I don't care what you may have posted..if you feel the need to threaten me with "drive up a kick my ass"...start driving..

BUT

I apologize for bringing up an issue like that from Larry's past it was done in anger. I could have worded it entirely differently and still made my point.

I am tired of his and several others two faced behaviors on here and I have had my fill. I blew up. I did it in the wrong manner.

I offer my apology to those I have offended. I will leave it at that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going to step out on a limb here...haven't read all the bs and I am not going too...now one thing up front...I don't care if you want to put me on ignore...I don't care what you may have posted..if you feel the need to threaten me with "drive up a kick my ass"...start driving..

BUT

I apologize for bringing up an issue like that from Larry's past it was done in anger. I could have worded it entirely differently and still made my point.

I am tired of his and several others two faced behaviors on here and I have had my fill. I blew up. I did it in the wrong manner.

I offer my apology to those I have offended. I will leave it at that.

Everyone has a bad day now and then and most everyone says something out of character now and then. I am not one to hold it against them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's not hard to see how boxer could get under your skin, the guy has elevated that to an art form. How you own up to your mistakes says much more than making them in the first place, good on you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eh76 we all make mistakes and lose our cools. You owned yours and its done as far as I am concerned. The bulk of the posts after yours were another poster who thought it okay.

Way to Man up dude.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Goalie is a POS

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,958
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.